Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (112) « First ... « 99 100 [101] 102 103 » ... Last »
May 29, 2012 9:40 PM
Feb 2011
Done. Thanks for the feedback. I actually intended the bottom part to overlap the list, but I think it looks bad in small resolutions. Might need to work on that.
Jun 5, 2012 11:33 AM

Mar 2010
Updated

Jun 7, 2012 10:47 PM

Jan 2012
I decided to show my design too - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Hahaido
Jun 8, 2012 3:40 AM

Nov 2009
i nearly just choked on my dinner checking out these awsome designs!

if i have the grass to lay on and the wind to stroke my cheek, i dont need anything else, sleeping with a contented smile.
Jun 8, 2012 10:20 AM

Jun 2010
Hahaido said:

It's a little too crowded for my liking. I love the choices and style, but maybe the background shouldn't be so... busy.
Jun 8, 2012 11:31 AM

Jan 2012
Sake said:

It's a little too crowded for my liking. I love the choices and style, but maybe the background shouldn't be so... busy.

Thanks for your comment! I have the exact same thoughts when I look at my list
Jun 8, 2012 2:04 PM

Mar 2008
1NZ3RU said:
Updated

I love your list. Looks really neat, one of the best I've seen.

Sake said:
Hahaido said:

Yeah I agree with him. Backgrounds should usually be more 'soft', especially in your case. Also there are just too many colors (that don't match).. maybe it'd help you to work with a color palette, but that is really just a suggestion on my part.
Jun 13, 2012 8:48 AM

Apr 2012
1NZ3RU said:
Updated

Hahaha what the hell, this one is really nice.

I started editing mine today, so it's still under construction.
edit: This is what I've got so far [http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Endelerius]
edit: Finished for today, gonna fix the rest in the future, but so far, it's "finished"
EndeleriusJun 13, 2012 12:36 PM
Jun 14, 2012 10:48 PM

Apr 2012
1NZ3RU said:
Updated

That is an awesome design, must take a long time having to add in the images manually.

I just noticed 1 thing for the long name titles, like the Rock Lee anime, the name overlaps the other information. why not try adding the "text-overflow: ellipsis" so the name stays on the same line rather than continuing off to a 2nd line.
Jun 15, 2012 4:44 PM

Oct 2008
Don't mind me, I just happened to be stalking by and I noticed this last post here. I've never seen "ellipsis" before in coding. What kind of things is it used for exactly? And is it supported by most browsers?

It definitely seems like a more obscure command.

Jun 15, 2012 4:53 PM

Oct 2008
1NZ3RU said:
Updated

Also, I've noticed your list layout around for awhile now. I think it looks very nice but the top bars have always kind of bothered me. In chrome the links are coming up underlined (it's easy to fix), and in my 1440px wide resolution the bar is protruding into the main image quite a bit. I just have a suggestion for that. Maybe you could move both bars down so that the black one is the same color as the white bar, shorten the height, and move it on top of that so it won't ever get shoved into the image. And possibly move the status links down into the white bar slightly so it looks like a tab of links coming out of the bar. (if that makes sense @_@;) Just an idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It is your list, so don't take my opinion too seriously.

Jun 16, 2012 11:43 AM

Mar 2010
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've looked into text-overflow over a year ago, but it wasn't supported yet back then. I'll add it :)

PureFanimation said:
Also, I've noticed ...

I'll look into the link underline on Chrome. As for the resolution: I've developed it solely for 1920x1080, while just keeping the functionality intact on smaller resolutions. I realise this is subject to personal preference. Thanks for sharing your view.
Jun 16, 2012 6:41 PM

Apr 2012
PureFanimation said:
Don't mind me, I just happened to be stalking by and I noticed this last post here. I've never seen "ellipsis" before in coding. What kind of things is it used for exactly? And is it supported by most browsers?

It definitely seems like a more obscure command.

Yeah it is supporter by all browsers. Simply put when you have a fixed size box and the text does not fit in that box it adds "..." before reachin the fixed width.

Usually when you add "text-overflow: ellipsis" following by a "white-space: no-wrap"
Jun 18, 2012 6:10 PM

Jan 2010
Hey guys, all your list look really good! I'd like to try and do the premade CSS layouts since I don't really remember how to do it anymore. I hope all the codes are not messed up anymore. I used to have a nice profile but since the hacker problem. My profile got messed up when I tried to add something on. Since then I really haven't messed with it.

@1NZ3RU: Btw, I know everyone has told you, but your list is so cool. What I like is that it's so easy to find anime's on your list. That's kind of what I would like. It's always so hard to follow one side to the other. I don't really want to be updating the wrong anime, but I have to admit I sometimes do that.
Jun 19, 2012 5:54 AM

Jul 2011
Just changed background image and little color changes there and there.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Gaichi

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jun 19, 2012 9:45 AM

Mar 2012
My list design so far http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Yawmus
I haven't finished as you can probably tell, but I can't seem to find a way to target each individual not_selected a tags. Do you know of a way?
Jun 20, 2012 1:31 AM

Jan 2012
Updated my list

Yawmus said:
I can't seem to find a way to target each individual not_selected a tags. Do you know of a way?

Jun 20, 2012 2:25 AM
May 2012
cyruz said:
Right, I figured that since a lot of design changes go by unnoticed why not make a topic where people can post their list design updates. I hope this forum gets a few more hits now and I feel sorry for everyone who has it on ignore ^^.

Anyway, Eazy just updated his list with me and it turned out really nice. So check it out if you like.

Would be great if this topic could turn into something big with people frequently posting their list updates. Maybe we won't miss out on nice updates this way.

In case you're voting in the currently on-going MAL Awards competition, Eazy's entry is still the old one (check screenshot).

Post away!

I also wanted to learn it, someone please help me.
Hospital Management System | Healthcare Software
Jun 20, 2012 4:11 AM

Jul 2010
simrankim said:
I also wanted to learn it, someone please help me.

First you need to add few entries in your list. After that start with MAL basic list editor. You can take a look at CSS Tutorials. if you want to do advance editing.

Gingerback said:
Can you help me?
How can i change this? /This is where written Gingerback, Logout/

Do you want to remove it?
#mal_control_strip {display: none;}

If you want to change background image.
#mal_control_strip, #mal_cs_listinfo, #mal_cs_links, #mal_cs_otherlinks { background: url(strip-background-url.png) repeat-x;}
Jun 20, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
Han-yuu said:
Gingerback said:
Can you help me?
How can i change this? /This is where written Gingerback, Logout/

Do you want to remove it?
#mal_control_strip {display: none;}

If you want to change background image.
#mal_control_strip, #mal_cs_listinfo, #mal_cs_links, #mal_cs_otherlinks { background: url(strip-background-url.png) repeat-x;}
Aaah, so that's how you do it.
@Han-yuu: Btw, that's one sexy list you've got there.
Jun 21, 2012 12:55 AM

Apr 2012
Updated my list!
It's 99% finished, just need to fix that 1 pixel difference in Safari & Chrome. Maybe add some sort of background to the .status_(not_)selected.
Any feedback welcome, let me know if you spot any errors!
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Endelerius
Jun 21, 2012 8:00 AM

Mar 2009
Endelerius said:
Updated my list!
It's 99% finished, just need to fix that 1 pixel difference in Safari & Chrome. Maybe add some sort of background to the .status_(not_)selected.

Looks good mostly... but the scrolling pattern in the background is really distracting. @_@ It might look better if you set its position to 'fixed' instead.
Jun 21, 2012 8:09 AM

Jan 2009
how do you guys design lsits so well, ive always wanted to do my own but never got around to the coding or the designing
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jun 21, 2012 8:10 AM

Apr 2012
Rukayex said:
Looks good mostly... but the scrolling pattern in the background is really distracting. @_@ It might look better if you set its position to 'fixed' instead.
I've changed it.
I don't really feel any difference, but kinda like it better when it's put on scroll though :p
Jun 21, 2012 8:33 AM
Mar 2011
Endelerius said:
I've changed it.
I don't really feel any difference, but kinda like it better when it's put on scroll though :p

Make background of Body_Header, Body_Footer and Body_Wrapper transparent. And save in .png of course. And then compare.

Lailide said:
how do you guys design lsits so well, ive always wanted to do my own but never got around to the coding or the designing

Check this: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=130580
And search some CSS tutorials. If you want help, check this topic: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=130596&goto=lastpost
Jun 21, 2012 8:46 AM

Apr 2012
Tithen-Firion said:
Make background of Body_Header, Body_Footer and Body_Wrapper transparent. And save in .png of course. And then compare.

If I do this, then the header & footer will overlap the wrapper, which wont look good for multiple reasons.
I started out with .png's, but had to switch to .jpg because of it.
Jun 21, 2012 9:09 AM

Jul 2010
Endelerius said:
@Han-yuu: Btw, that's one sexy list you've got there.

Thanks. though I'd rather say it cute. (^_^)

Endelerius said:
Updated my list!

It's looking much better.

I have a small suggestion to change line color to dark gray where scroll is coming down. girl images you used in header are little bit blurred. i think they will look better in clear view but well that's just difference of taste.
Jun 21, 2012 9:25 AM

Apr 2012
Han-yuu said:
I have a small suggestion to change line color to dark gray where scroll is coming down.

You mean this line?

Han-yuu said:
girl images you used in header are little bit blurred. i think they will look better in clear view but well that's just difference of taste.

I do this to (at least I try :p) create some sort of depth, and keeping by keeping certain places sharp (in this case her face) makes you pay more attention to that certain spot. Though I might have blurred it a bit too much, maybe I should've lowered the opacity of that layer a bit. Will do that later though.
Jun 21, 2012 9:50 AM
Mar 2011
Endelerius said:

If I do this, then the header & footer will overlap the wrapper, which wont look good for multiple reasons.
I started out with .png's, but had to switch to .jpg because of it.

Simple solution. Move place of wrapper bg and adjust paddings:

Remove wrapper bg from body element ofc.
Jun 21, 2012 10:59 AM

Mar 2012
How do you target each individual .status_not_selected ?
Jun 21, 2012 10:59 AM

Apr 2012
Tithen-Firion said:
Just like this. :)

Now that you mention it. I could do it with even less code…
I'm a give it a go
Jun 21, 2012 11:00 AM

Apr 2012
Yawmus said:
Mentioned on page 252… This is page 253
Jun 21, 2012 11:15 AM

Mar 2012
Endelerius said:
Yawmus said:
Mentioned on page 252… This is page 253

Oh, I didn't see that thanks, and thanks Hahaido for answering that!
Jun 21, 2012 8:46 PM

Mar 2012
Is it possible to get rid of the "Anime Information" box when you highlight an item?

Also is it possible to have background image padding?
YawmusJun 21, 2012 9:47 PM
Jun 21, 2012 10:42 PM
Mar 2011
@Yawmus: AFAIK - no. (Answer for both questions)
Jun 22, 2012 4:58 AM

Apr 2012
@Yawmus: Looking good
Jun 22, 2012 11:07 AM

Sep 2011
@Endelerius: Love your list.
@Tithen-Firion: really fun with all those colors. Maybe I'll try something similar sometime...
@Yawmus: simplicity is good.

Updated mine. Also, keeping it simple. It's not really finished, but I'm too lazy to work more on it.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Motion_Menace
Jun 22, 2012 12:36 PM

Mar 2012
@Enderlerius Thanks, I spent quite a bit of time on it, I like yours too. So are there any obvious things about my list that could be improved?

@Tithen-Firion I agree with Motion_Menace, the color scheme along with the background image is fantastic.

@Motion_Menace My favorite part about your list is the status_not_selected, and status_selected hover effects. I am also liking the medal next to you favorite Animes.

How do you change an a tag hover to be the same cursor icon as the default?
YawmusJun 22, 2012 12:54 PM
Jun 22, 2012 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
Motion_Menace said:
@Yawmus: simplicity is good.

It's indeed a good example of "Less is more".

Yawmus said:
@Enderlerius Thanks, I spent quite a bit of time on it, I like yours too. So are there any obvious things about my list that could be improved?

The only thing that's bothering me is that background image. I don't know, it just feel out of place, since your list itself has a nice, clean, colourless look. I think it would look better if it had a plain white background. But that's just my opinion.

Motion_Menace said:
Updated mine. Also, keeping it simple. It's not really finished, but I'm too lazy to work more on it.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Motion_Menace

Looking good. Maybe lower the size of your background image?
Could be that my internet had a dip at the moment but it took quite a while to load.
Jun 22, 2012 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
@Endelerius I have taken your advise and am starting to try and create something a bit different, I understand that right this moment Asuka looks too colorful, I will fix that once I get off work in ~6 hours.
Jun 22, 2012 3:01 PM
Jun 22, 2012 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
Tithen-Firion said:
@Motion_Menace, @Endelerius: Thanks. Check my manga list too: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tithen-Firion

Hahaha, isn't that google's design? :D
Jun 22, 2012 5:56 PM
Mar 2011
Endelerius said:
Hahaha, isn't that google's design? :D

That's right. Current Gmail design + old Google bar. I'm too lazy to update it. ;P I love Google design for its simplicity.
Jun 22, 2012 6:22 PM

Apr 2012
Tithen-Firion said:
I love Google design for its simplicity.

It's definitely a great design. It was just a bit weird, at first. I thought MAL redirected me to my g+ which would have been weird. :p
Jun 22, 2012 9:28 PM

Mar 2009
@Motion_Menace: Looks good :D But I think the status bars would look better either
- left aligned (as is) but moved to the right side of the list
or
- right aligned but staying on the left side of the list.
'cause right now they look kind of aligned in the middle of nowhere.
Jun 23, 2012 8:28 AM
Aug 2009
Just updated both my manga and anime list. It's my first list design.

My Anime List
My Manga List
Jun 23, 2012 11:29 AM

Mar 2012
alwayswhimsical said:
Just updated both my manga and anime list. It's my first list design.

My Anime List
My Manga List

Very nice
Jun 23, 2012 12:15 PM

Jul 2011
Heh, that Gmail design looks great :D

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jun 29, 2012 8:11 PM

Feb 2012
Hey, I just somewhat finished my Anime List style, I used Shishio-kun CSS and modified pretty much all of it.

Any feedbacks, thoughts, etc.? :)

My Anime List

(BEST VIEWED IN 1920x1080 or more)
Jun 29, 2012 8:24 PM

Jun 2010
It looks the same as my list...
idk maybe its my computer.
Pages (112) « First ... « 99 100 [101] 102 103 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Aspiring Writer Looking for Feedback

YungStairwell - Yesterday

0 by YungStairwell »»
Yesterday, 10:38 PM

» Violin repertoire progression 1 month

ToastWithNutella - May 6

2 by Alriven »»
Yesterday, 10:23 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

371 by Just_Augos »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

5 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 7:38 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

20 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.