Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 20, 2021 7:26 PM
Nov 2021
First we have Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, well I really appreciate this show, the plots and the time of the comedy are just perfect, I lost the number of times that I got myself laughing hysterically while watching!
In the other hand we have Ore Monogatari, which I didn't laugh as much as while watching Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, yet I personally liked more Ore Monogatari.
Because of this I wonder if the romance factor make me prefer Ore Monogatari, and if this gender, romance, would turn Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou into a perfect romantic comedy.
What do you guys think?
By the way, since Ore Monogatari I didn't watch a romantic comedy as good, as satisfying, as heartwarming as Ore Monogatari itself, feel free to recommend me an anime that you think that could beat it!
noland0Nov 20, 2021 7:30 PM
Nov 20, 2021 8:24 PM
Jan 2015
I'm my opinion.
It's just that Ore Monogatari has a story that the entire show revolves around, therefore one would get more attached to the show and it's characters.
While Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou is a bunch of short episodes with the only connection between them is too use an old one to make or continue a joke.
Therefore it's not much of a comparison to begin with.
If you want to watch a story with some comedy in it you'll go with Ore Monogatari and if you just want to laugh to go with Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.

A show with comedy sense similar to Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, but a bit more story is Gintama. You can try that if you haven't yet watched it but it's gonna be a long ride.
Nov 20, 2021 9:04 PM
Jan 2021
It would just be another rom com in that case. It’s way better with it just being a comedy
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 20, 2021 9:06 PM

Aug 2020
Nah. It's perfect the way it is.
Nov 20, 2021 10:04 PM

Nov 2019
Nah.It's perfect the way it is.
Nov 20, 2021 11:45 PM
Aug 2020
I definitely wouldn't love (would still like it) danshi koukosei no nichijou if it was a rom com. There are lots of rom com comedy animes revolving around high school boys out there and none of them stands out (nor give the comedy impact) to me as much. Danshi koukousei is well appreciated because it revolves around the normal, mundane everyday lives of these boys which made it extremely entertaining.

Besides we do have a slight lakeside romance, dont we -_^
absideonxNov 21, 2021 7:50 AM
Nov 21, 2021 12:14 AM
Mar 2021
noland0 said:
First we have Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, well I really appreciate this show, the plots and the time of the comedy are just perfect, I lost the number of times that I got myself laughing hysterically while watching!
In the other hand we have Ore Monogatari, which I didn't laugh as much as while watching Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, yet I personally liked more Ore Monogatari.
Because of this I wonder if the romance factor make me prefer Ore Monogatari, and if this gender, romance, would turn Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou into a perfect romantic comedy.
What do you guys think?
By the way, since Ore Monogatari I didn't watch a romantic comedy as good, as satisfying, as heartwarming as Ore Monogatari itself, feel free to recommend me an anime that you think that could beat it!
eh? One has plot and one doesn't. Its just that I think
Nov 21, 2021 1:25 AM
May 2017
Nov 21, 2021 4:11 AM
Feb 2021
Nov 21, 2021 5:14 AM

Sep 2020
Nov 21, 2021 6:02 AM
Jul 2020
Nah. It's perfet the way it is.
It's super realistic n relatable humour for me. It's life of high school boys but there are lot of high school romcom already it's special cuz this anime stands out by other it might been better or not idk but this way was awesome for me
Nov 21, 2021 9:05 AM

Nov 2019
I'm not into Boy Love, so no, obviously.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 21, 2021 10:03 AM

Dec 2020
It’s episodic nature makes this not so feasible. Comparing it to Ore Monogatari makes no sense imo. That said the only reason I gave this show a 9 instead of an 8 was because of Yassan and the glasses dude; I loved that side-plot lmao
Nov 21, 2021 10:06 AM
Nov 2021
smsthn said:
I'm my opinion.
It's just that Ore Monogatari has a story that the entire show revolves around, therefore one would get more attached to the show and it's characters.
While Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou is a bunch of short episodes with the only connection between them is too use an old one to make or continue a joke.
Therefore it's not much of a comparison to begin with.
If you want to watch a story with some comedy in it you'll go with Ore Monogatari and if you just want to laugh to go with Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.

A show with comedy sense similar to Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, but a bit more story is Gintama. You can try that if you haven't yet watched it but it's gonna be a long ride.

That makes sense, not just because both are comedy it means that is that easy to compare them, they have different kind of comedy
Thank you for the recommendation, I'll add Gintama to my list!
Nov 21, 2021 10:13 AM
Nov 2021
absideonx said:
I definitely wouldn't love (would still like it) danshi koukosei no nichijou if it was a rom com. There are lots of rom com comedy animes revolving around high school boys out there and none of them stands out (nor give the comedy impact) to me as much. Danshi koukousei is well appreciated because it revolves around the normal, mundane everyday lives of these boys which made it extremely entertaining.

Besides we do have a slight lakeside romance, dont we -_^

I kinda understand, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou it's perfect the way it is as others said, and maybe try to improve something that already is perfect could end up spoiling it. And sure, the lakeside romance it's just enough haha.
Nov 21, 2021 10:19 AM
Nov 2021
ttc1Hundred said:
It’s episodic nature makes this not so feasible. Comparing it to Ore Monogatari makes no sense imo. That said the only reason I gave this show a 9 instead of an 8 was because of Yassan and the glasses dude; I loved that side-plot lmao

Sure! This anime sometimes likes to play with the romance, but as always, it is just a construction for a joke, and that's ok this way, I don't see any problem with it.
Nov 21, 2021 8:38 PM
Apr 2021
They should collab with the 3 girls in asobi asobaseπŸ˜‚
Nov 21, 2021 11:48 PM
Aug 2020
Hell yes. Obvi the comedy is gud but rom wud make it so much better but they're fine as they r rn
Nov 22, 2021 12:37 PM
Nov 2021
If u need a heart warming romance anime try My little monster or golden time(haven't seen this one yet but it's suppose to be great)

I don't think I have to give an answer to ur question as I feel I have nothing to add
Nov 22, 2021 12:53 PM
Nov 2021
slimebutler said:
If u need a heart warming romance anime try My little monster or golden time(haven't seen this one yet but it's suppose to be great)

I don't think I have to give an answer to ur question as I feel I have nothing to add

Thank you for your recommendations! I had already added My Little Monster to my plan to watch list — and the fact that you recommend it as heartwarming make me want to watch it as soon as possible — but is the first time I read about Golden Time, I'll trust in your supposition and add it to the list too!
Nov 22, 2021 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Maybe it could have been better. I am still confused how one of the 3 guys ended being utterly irrelevant.
Nov 23, 2021 1:24 AM
May 2021
Na, its perfect the way it is
Feb 21, 2022 8:41 AM
Sep 2021
characters literally made for funny. Such a characters' I don't think They will be serious in romantic moments like some episodes. So, If mangaka made a romantic comedy anime that would be bullshit :D (In my opinion:))
Mar 24, 2022 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
It is perfect the way it is, Nah.
Mar 24, 2022 3:58 AM

Aug 2020
No thanks, it's funny just the way it is now.

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 26, 2012

298 by vh-s »»
Aug 6, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 9, 2012

318 by Yousif_6557 »»
Jul 12, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Do you find it funny or not? ( 1 2 )

EmperorAkashi - Mar 1, 2015

62 by rmcold »»
Jun 25, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 20, 2012

134 by Malak373 »»
Jun 1, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2012

132 by Reckarella »»
May 25, 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.