Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2021 4:57 PM
Dec 2017
Since its going through a resurgence lately, some of my fav bands are dope,static x,korn,linkin park and limp bizkit.

Anyone else got a fav nu metal band?

Oct 25, 2021 6:05 PM

Aug 2009
And now my high school memories of Disturbed, Coal Chamber, Mudvayne, and those two songs by Slipknot come flooding back like a Vietnam flashback.

I mean, I'll take nu-metal over deathcore and the Asking Alexandria style of metalcore 9 times out of 10. The nu-metal bands that didn't try to rap age fairly well. But I categorize Deftones and System of a Down as alternative metal since I wouldn't put sings from White Pony, Diamond Eyes, Steal This Album, Memorize, or Hypnotize on a playlist that contains Bodies, A.D.I.D.A.S., Getting Away With Murder, Down With The Sickness, or Click Click Boom.

Either way, we need more people talking about Kittie.

Oct 26, 2021 6:07 PM

Jul 2017
Papa roach, BMTH, (i not sure if BMTH nu metal),but among thus nu metal band P.O.D really my fav.

if you never hear any song from P.O.D highly recomend for you try "satellite" from P.O.D .

im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Nov 1, 2021 5:53 AM

Jun 2021
I like this genre, screw the haters because "it's cool to hate" and then listen to modern pop garbage. Nu metal just resonates with what i am and ever was. And now, i'll write a wall of text about a certain group.

Korn is one of my two favorite bands, already seen in concert three times and i'm asking if it is worth to buy the tickets for the fourth one... if by june 2022 mosh pits are still forbidden, i'd probably reluctantly pass it. Also, Fieldy is my favorite bassist of all time.

Never skipped a single time a song off from their debut album while listening to it on car trips. Faget is probably my favorite song of the tracklist, especially the middle spoken word part. Also, Fake / Lies / Helmet In The Bush is a underrated powerful sequence

Life Is Peachy isn't as perfect, but is still great. Wicked cover is really good, and those lyrics "in the sea of life, you're just a minnow" from Good God are perfect

Follow The Leader is even better, with even more of Fieldy's amazing bass sound as for example in BBK (which also contains my favorite scat segment ever made by Jon Davis) and the ending part of My Gift To You is powerful to indescribable levels

Issues is my favorite album of them along with the debut. There are few songs as Trash or Make Me Bad that i usually skip, but the rest is perfect. Let's Get This Party Started has my favorite Fieldy bassline ever recorded. Falling Away From Me is also my all time favorite music video ever watched

Untouchables is probably the heaviest, and my 4th or 5th favorite overall. Here To Stay is even more amazing on a live stage played a little slower, Alone I Break is a underestimate gem in their entire discography, and of course there are underrated brutal tracks as Bottled Up Inside, One More Time and Embrace to raise the bar

Take A Look In The Mirror is the final album with the original lineup and in my opinion the weakest... still, when the songs become heavy as in the middle part of Break Some Off, they're very good

See You On The Other Side had a mixed reception, and honestly has some filler here and there, but it's nevertheless my favorite album of Korn of the second part of their career. Unpopular opinion, the best songs here really stand out on their own even compared to the biggest successes from before. Coming Undone is perfect in its simple choice of background, and Open Up, Liar, Seen It All and Tearjerker are wonderful deep cuts and experimentation well made

the untitled 2007 album is some kind of more of the same and i didn't enjoy it as much, but it's still a 7/10 at worst. Favorite songs... Starting Over, Kiss, I Will Protect You (amazing outro)

Korn III Remember Who You Are is pretty good as an expected "back to roots" album and still enjoy the single Let The Guilt Go

Not a fan of The Path Of Totality, but i don't think it's the worst release by the band... that is the unplugged from 2006, honestly it's not a concept good for Korn in my opinion, even if there was a medley song with The Cure... the other favorite band of mine.

Out of the other three albums made in the 2010's, The Nothing was for me the strongest and The Serenity Of Suffering had the best choices for singles (Rotting In Vain and A Different World are badass, with a great contribution of Corey Taylor in the second one)

ps... Ray Luzier is a badass drummer. David Silveria was great but the former always did great doing his own thing with the songs composed by the latter in the concerts i attended.
Nov 1, 2021 6:31 PM
Dec 2020
Slipknot is one of my favorite bands ever. I also love System of a down and Gojira (don't know if they count as numetal tho.)
Sep 27, 2022 9:22 PM
Dec 2017
FacelessVixen said:
And now my high school memories of Disturbed, Coal Chamber, Mudvayne, and those two songs by Slipknot come flooding back like a Vietnam flashback.

I mean, I'll take nu-metal over deathcore and the Asking Alexandria style of metalcore 9 times out of 10. The nu-metal bands that didn't try to rap age fairly well. But I categorize Deftones and System of a Down as alternative metal since I wouldn't put sings from White Pony, Diamond Eyes, Steal This Album, Memorize, or Hypnotize on a playlist that contains Bodies, A.D.I.D.A.S., Getting Away With Murder, Down With The Sickness, or Click Click Boom.

Either way, we need more people talking about Kittie.

Kittie is fantastic and i love all their stuff!

More topics from this board

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
4 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
5 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.