Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2021 8:28 AM
Apr 2021
There recently was a stream on youtube, and I've found kinda full short-summary:
https://twitter.com/AnemoneAmenome/status/1446452449045188610

And there are some interesting moments, that I found baffling weren't included in the anime:
1. When Satoshi woke up, what was with the mysterious feeling when he saw the plush?
Satoshi woke up from the miraculous scenario of Hinamizawa Syndrome dying down, and he thinks about "why he bought the plush" and he's starting to remember stuff continually, starting with him buying it for Satoko and whatnot.
It's not like he forgot everything, but he's just slowly realizing what's happened.
"He came back from a long dream journey" as said by ryukishi. This word choice is pretty interesting

Yeah, let's say it in an interview that many viewers don't even know about. What a genius. I mean, really, how many of anime viewers watched(or at least knew about this sort of stuff?)

2. Why Eua left?
She fucked off due to being shown an interesting miracle, she didn't really "lose" but she just left looking like she lost, due to being shown a satisfying miracle.

Didn't bother to explain in the anime

3.Satoko didn't apologize
Ryu is saying he wants people to actually think about what happened. She's robbed many lives over the fragments, and he compares this to Tsumihoroboshi K1. He says that it might be something Satoko will meditate over time following the events of the anime.
She now needs to shift into a world where she lives without Rika, feeling like she sort of 'died' when Rika left Hinamizawa. She seems like she only cares about chasing Rika, but she has great family and friends left in Hinamizawa.
She needs to make a new world for herself, living with her past traumas and actions. She's living through her puberty now as well, after all the events of the anime. She has to go from extraordinary to ordinary, and that's why she drops the "I'll return your body Satoko" line.

What an idiot, you just look at him lmao

A bit of LMAO stuff:

1. "graduation" (卒業) from "rebellious period"

2. One of the goals of the story is seemingly to provide a way to be more empathetic to people going through their rebellious phases. As they've said, please understand Satoko.

Yeah, let's understand her "I don't want to study so I will torture and kill my friends for 100+ years just for LOLZ"
Really now?

3. Ryu is saying that there's people who can study and people who can't, and describes himself as someone who can't study.
He wanted a job where he didn't have to really work while feeding himself, and here he is now.

What a pepega he is

4. Ryu says Eua is super bad lmao, he said that he saw a lot of people saying that she wasn't that bad. He thinks that providing supernatural power to her is an evil of sorts.

You know, those "bad characters" that didn't do shit at all besides "evil laugh"...
Oh wait, did he meant "Bad" as "badly written"? Then yes, I agree
Oct 8, 2021 12:12 PM
May 2021
Pardon my French but all of that sounds absolutely fucking retarded. Anyone could easily summarize this interview as basically that HE SHOULD'VE JUST WRITTEN SOTSU BETTER IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF WASTING MOST OF THAT TIME DOING RECAPS LOL.

- Mion was injected off-screen because it'd look stupid in animation.

Then... just write it differently???

- The jingling sound was the cue for the memory being false with Keiichi, Teppei and Ooshi.

I mean. That doesn't explain the part in how or why it works on Ooshi in the first place. It's just Satoko's magic I guess!

- Satoshi woke up due to the miracle and HS weakening.

So it's just a symptom of the rather crappy and forced happy ending. It's still basically "Satoshi who?"

- Something something Eua.

Eua who? Oh that character people only liked because of her design (or her loli-form because well. Y'know who and why.)

- Satoko didn't apologize so the viewers can reflect on what happens. She'll think about it herself later off-screen. Maybe.

Pathetic. This would've been a better show if this were ACTUALLY PART OF IT. Sotsu should've started from the gun scene then had something more interesting afterwards involving this part. But fuck us I guess, R07 basically wants everyone to forgive her because she'll learn that lesson off-screen. PREASE UNDERSTAND.

Thanks though for this interview combined with that Evangelion nonsense. It only further strengthens that I'll never partake in another R07 work ever again.
Oct 8, 2021 1:57 PM
Apr 2021
PinkShibaInu said:

- The jingling sound was the cue for the memory being false with Keiichi, Teppei and Ooshi.

I mean. That doesn't explain the part in how or why it works on Ooshi in the first place. It's just Satoko's magic I guess!

But there's nothing about both that sound and color filter that was used not only in this scene, but in both "Keichi vs Rena" in Oni, and with ladder scene in Wata.

PinkShibaInu said:

It only further strengthens that I'll never partake in another R07 work ever again.

Yes, definitely agree. Never gonna bother with anything he was part of.
Though I must say, I'll mostly feel really sorry for Ciconia fans, considering what he's doing now

Imagine this type of interviews for Ciconia lol
Oct 8, 2021 3:19 PM

Jun 2015
a new mystery needs solving: how - when - and why - did ryukishi hit his head?
Oct 8, 2021 7:02 PM

Mar 2016
Biggest question I wished was answered:
Why was all of that horseshit accepted without an actual set plan in mind?
Oct 8, 2021 7:11 PM

May 2020
Keep in mind that you had to pay for this.

I previously thought that Eua might have been Featherine or heck even Lambda but now... it's likely that she is just another character, and except appearances has no ties to any other character except Hanyuu.

Satoko... Well. I think that Ryuukishi knows that he kinda wrote himself into a dead end with Satoko. It's hard to make another happy lucky dochi funtime fiesta when one of your cast gives absolutely zero fucks about anyone but herself and Rika.

Satoko is supposed to be 100+ years old btw. Maybe even 200+ depending on what she said about studying for St Lucia for a long time. She's no kid. She's older than we will ever be. None of us will get to live to the age that she does. what kind of poor excuse is this? That's just grasping at straws.

What up with Ryuukishi being a hypocrite? First there's shit about him redeeming a child abuser and possible rapist. Then the stuff about him not wanting to study like Satoko - BUT he was a public servant which in Japan actually takes a fair bit of studying + some competitive exams to get.I
ChargecoulombOct 8, 2021 7:19 PM
Oct 8, 2021 9:32 PM

Oct 2014
Oh, he's confirming that Passione took a lot of liberties from his vague script, gave them the OK sign and even compliment them for their work. Sure, I guess.

There's a lot stupid stuff too, but what else is new?
Oct 8, 2021 10:39 PM

Aug 2009
Are we sure that Ryukishi is alive and this isn't just a corpse that 07th fools us into thinking he is still alive?

KamisamaArigatou said:
a new mystery needs solving: how - when - and why - did ryukishi hit his head?

Or that.

I know people joke about BT but even after his death he wrote some pretty amazing stuff.

Even if he had some vague script by BT(i am not saying he did) he still wrote some fully amazing arcs

Wth happened that would make him write this?

Forget Passione being incompetent, this interview is ass.
ssjokgOct 8, 2021 11:45 PM
Oct 9, 2021 3:34 AM

Apr 2009
lol he totally forgot Satoshi was in a medical induced coma. I guess the true Kiseki was Irie forgetting to switch the meds.

Oct 9, 2021 4:08 AM

Aug 2009
Original Higurashi: Dont wait for miracles

New Higurashi: There is a miracle for every situation.
Oct 9, 2021 5:35 PM

Jan 2019
https://07th-expansion.fandom.com/wiki/October_8,_2021_Livestream

This is the full interview tracked
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Oct 9, 2021 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
"Okonogi in the airport was him just fleeing the country, but apparently there's an Okonogi fan at Passione leading to that one shot of him."

god bless him
Oct 9, 2021 10:20 PM

Aug 2009
"Q: Is Satoko Lambdadelta?

A: I don't think there's a direct connection at that point. As you can see from the flow of the last episode, this may be the root of a story later on. The witch Satoko's personality may drift on the witch world, and maybe there could be a different story in different world. (Soshina, the interviewer desided to cut it here.)"

So the witch that took over Satoko....is Satoko?

Ryukishi is a riot.

Also funny that he mentions Yasu....I hope that at least somewhere in his head he is aware what a mess he did with Satoko.
Oct 9, 2021 11:28 PM

May 2020
ssjokg said:
"Q: Is Satoko Lambdadelta?

A: I don't think there's a direct connection at that point. As you can see from the flow of the last episode, this may be the root of a story later on. The witch Satoko's personality may drift on the witch world, and maybe there could be a different story in different world. (Soshina, the interviewer desided to cut it here.)"

So the witch that took over Satoko....is Satoko?

So we are back to nothing... This may happen, that may happen. Theres no direct connection between Satoko and Lambda but she MAY become Lambda.

He backtracked hard with Satoko in this interview.

I kinda get why he did it though.
Oct 10, 2021 12:00 AM

Aug 2009
The amount of copium I have seen on twitter because of the Eua part is insane.

First it was Satoko's long time abuse and mental state that made her this way, then it was HS moving through fragments that caused her actions, then her evil witch inside and now it was Eua all along. They were always so sure that Satoko wouldnt do anything if she didnt get powers. Satoko is a sweetheart that was corrupted by power.

Well so was Light Yagami. And in more relevant shows,

Kinzo was also a sweetheart in his youth,it is the fault of the gold and all that power it gave him.

ssjokgOct 10, 2021 12:23 AM
Oct 10, 2021 12:14 AM

May 2020
"...After Satoshi comes back, it's ime for them to go back to the Houjou residence instead of staying in Rika-Sato's house. Satoshi's return is congratulated by everyone, and Satoko would have a world where she doesn't need Rika. The thing is, when this happens now for Rika. the situation becomes a complete opposite of Gou/Sotsu for her, and in this perspective Gou/Sotsu is the story of Rika and Satoko mounting each other, envying and killing each other. If people wanted to see such a story then please give me support and I could write this in different occasion. But of course it's story about the world where no one is at fault..."

Higurashi Shiki is coming boys, this time with Rika being the one doing the killing.
Oct 10, 2021 5:15 AM

Mar 2020
wow everyone we need to ACTUALLY THINK about what happened

Because unless we agree with him and praise his peak fiction, we aren't actually thinking. we are goats!
Oct 10, 2021 5:38 AM

Mar 2020
ssjokg said:
this may be the root of a story later on. The witch Satoko's personality may drift on the witch world, and maybe there could be a different story in different world. (Soshina, the interviewer desided to cut it here.)"

"this man has no idea what he's doing quick cut this short before he embarrasses himself further"
Oct 10, 2021 9:26 AM

Aug 2009
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
ssjokg said:
this may be the root of a story later on. The witch Satoko's personality may drift on the witch world, and maybe there could be a different story in different world. (Soshina, the interviewer desided to cut it here.)"

"this man has no idea what he's doing quick cut this short before he embarrasses himself further"
That would be too good to be true.

They must be actually worried that he is spoiling the next big hit.
Oct 10, 2021 3:46 PM

Jul 2012
now that was just sad to read smh
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Oct 10, 2021 4:32 PM
Apr 2021
ssjokg said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

That would be too good to be true.

They must be actually worried that he is spoiling the next big hit.

Would that "next big hit" be Umineko SotsuGou or just another forced crappy Higurashi?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.