Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2021 11:12 AM

Aug 2020
So whenever I saw a Gintama fan on internet he or she just say that shogun assassination arc is best arc of gintama or one of the greatest arc of all time but I think farewell shinsengumi give much more impact in it and also it has a plot twist too which literally made it best arc of gintama for me so what's you guys think which arc you love more and why most of the time people prefer shogun assassination arc over farewell shinsengumi arc .
I,very well,know that FS arc is continuation of SA arc but still want to know why people actually prefer SA arc more , please don't start the war here I just want to know everyone opinion on this topic and also farewell shinsengumi arc is also one of the greatest arc of all time so stop mentioning only SA arc everytime it feels like that gintama had only one perfect arc which can be considered as one of the greatest of all time .
Oct 1, 2021 11:22 AM

Jul 2017
I like shogun assassination arc more because of the past reveal and pay off for 300+ episodes and Gintoki vs takasugi was done very well and at the end what happened to shogun was very unexpected 0ther than those the 2 arc in my opinion are neck in neck
Oct 1, 2021 11:24 AM
Oct 2020
Gin and Takasugi + Shogun and Oniwaban’s stories give an edge to the the SA arc imo. Both amazing arc s tho.
Oct 1, 2021 11:31 AM
Mar 2021
Shogun assassination= Farewell shinsengumi
Oct 1, 2021 11:40 AM

Aug 2020
Akitokamisen said:
I like shogun assassination arc more because of the past reveal and pay off for 300+ episodes and Gintoki vs takasugi was done very well and at the end what happened to shogun was very unexpected 0ther than those the 2 arc in my opinion are neck in neck

Well I was expecting that you will be the first one to comment on this post ,so yeah gintoki vs takasugi is one major thing of that arc and I agree with your points points too and for me both FS and SA arc are incredible but it's just that I want to see more opinions on this topic.
Oct 1, 2021 11:40 AM

Aug 2020
Jawad_Fullmetal said:

Well thats also a great way to put them tho.
Oct 1, 2021 12:09 PM
Dec 2020
I feel like they're one big arc, personally. But if I had to pick, FS set up the end game of the series very well, although one could say that SA was what lead to FS in the first place, circling back to my original opinion of it all being one big arc, especially considering how FS begins right after SA
Oct 1, 2021 12:17 PM

May 2020
SA and FS are my top 2 anime arc of all time. But I like SA a bit more than FS. Here's why

What I like about SA: First, Gintoki vs Takasugi is imo the greatest fight in anime history and you can't change my mind. Second, the past reveal was really really well done and the plot twist was just jaw-dropping. Third, many underappreciated characters had their moments to shine, especially Zenzou, who was the GOAT in that arc. The parallels between him and Gintoki were amazing. Fourth, this arc added real depth to Takasugi's character, he became my favorite anime antagonist of all time. Fifth, the ost (although FS has similar OST) was simply amazing. And sixth, how the arc ended and the overall pacing of the arc.

What I don't like about SA: IMO trying to make him a bit more villainous, Sorachi ruined Nobunobu's character, don't get me wrong I like Nobunobu and he had amazing character development in Ryakuyo and Silver Soul arc. But compared to when he was first introduced, I didn't like his character at all in SA.

What I like about FS: First, parallels between Hijikata and Gintoki, simply mind-blowing. Second, the Utsuro reveal, I still have goosebumps listening to his theme. And Third, Isaburo''s past and his death were really well done.

What I don't like about FS: honestly there's nothing that I don't like about this arc.

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Oct 1, 2021 12:29 PM
Mar 2021
Lavi_kun said:
Jawad_Fullmetal said:

Sa vs fs debate never gonna end
Oct 1, 2021 12:50 PM
Feb 2021
Hard to say. Both are probably my favorite arcs of alltime. I think I like them both equally but, if I had to choose one? I'd say FS Arc personally. Although it's very close.
Oct 1, 2021 3:11 PM

Jan 2020
10/10 arc vs 10/10 arc situation

I lean towards SA but both are perfect and the fact we got the two arcs back to back will always be an incredible to me

Oct 1, 2021 4:46 PM
May 2021
FS is slightly better and more consistent tbh but in SA Gintoki vs Takasugi and the ending with the Shogun are the best moments in the anime
Oct 1, 2021 11:41 PM

Aug 2020
Shogun2032 said:
I feel like they're one big arc, personally. But if I had to pick, FS set up the end game of the series very well, although one could say that SA was what lead to FS in the first place, circling back to my original opinion of it all being one big arc, especially considering how FS begins right after SA

Yes that's the thing too and you clearly got my point too but the last thing I want mention is that people to appreciate FS arc too just SA arc.
Oct 1, 2021 11:43 PM

Aug 2020
Mayora_oji13 said:
SA and FS are my top 2 anime arc of all time. But I like SA a bit more than FS. Here's why

What I like about SA: First, Gintoki vs Takasugi is imo the greatest fight in anime history and you can't change my mind. Second, the past reveal was really really well done and the plot twist was just jaw-dropping. Third, many underappreciated characters had their moments to shine, especially Zenzou, who was the GOAT in that arc. The parallels between him and Gintoki were amazing. Fourth, this arc added real depth to Takasugi's character, he became my favorite anime antagonist of all time. Fifth, the ost (although FS has similar OST) was simply amazing. And sixth, how the arc ended and the overall pacing of the arc.

What I don't like about SA: IMO trying to make him a bit more villainous, Sorachi ruined Nobunobu's character, don't get me wrong I like Nobunobu and he had amazing character development in Ryakuyo and Silver Soul arc. But compared to when he was first introduced, I didn't like his character at all in SA.

What I like about FS: First, parallels between Hijikata and Gintoki, simply mind-blowing. Second, the Utsuro reveal, I still have goosebumps listening to his theme. And Third, Isaburo''s past and his death were really well done.

What I don't like about FS: honestly there's nothing that I don't like about this arc.

Chill man I can't change someone's mind who is similar to mine but the only thing I want to mention at last is that people need to appreciate FS arc as much as they appreciate shogun assassination arc.
Oct 1, 2021 11:44 PM

Aug 2020
ManWild said:
10/10 arc vs 10/10 arc situation

I lean towards SA but both are perfect and the fact we got the two arcs back to back will always be an incredible to me

Hehe I know right both are perfect arcs then why gintama fans don't appreciate FS arc more.
Oct 1, 2021 11:45 PM

Aug 2020
Jawad_Fullmetal said:
Lavi_kun said:

Sa vs fs debate never gonna end

Debate no that's not my point here I want people to appreciate both are equally
Oct 2, 2021 10:32 AM
Jun 2020
I honestly enjoyed rakuyo decisive battle arc more then these two but then I need to rewatch all three of these arcs but from SA and FS I'd say FS mainly because Katsura was actually in a serious arc and because of Utsuro, more shit with the shinsengumi and isaburos backstory
Oct 2, 2021 6:35 PM

Aug 2020
UNKANOWNE said:
I honestly enjoyed rakuyo decisive battle arc more then these two but then I need to rewatch all three of these arcs but from SA and FS I'd say FS mainly because Katsura was actually in a serious arc and because of Utsuro, more shit with the shinsengumi and isaburos backstory

Finally a true farewell shinsengumi fan arrived well rakyou planet is my third favorite arc tho .
Oct 4, 2021 4:57 AM

Aug 2019
SA has better peaks while FS is more consistent. But I'd still say I like SA more solely because of the impact it had on Takasugi's character. It made Takasugi go from that one edgy dude who acts all villainous to an actual good character.
Oct 4, 2021 10:22 PM
Sep 2021
Farewell shinsengumi is always has been better than Shogun assasination arc.Farewell is 10/10 Shogun is like 9.7/10 for me.
Oct 22, 2021 6:43 AM

Mar 2018
I think they're even

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Nov 12, 2021 7:34 AM

Feb 2019
FS cuz Zura is there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tyrel - Jan 20, 2016

160 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cupc - Jul 29, 2015

125 by Jellybeanx »»
May 6, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

252 by sno0pcatt »»
May 4, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

251 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.