Forum Settings
Forums

Make a page for Yutaka Fujioka, the founder of TMS Entertainment!

New
Sep 29, 2021 9:01 PM
Mar 2013
For anyone familiar with Lupin III, Golgo 13, Space Adventure Cobra, Detective Conan, Megalo Box, Fruit Basket (2019), Shelock Hound, etc., none of these anime works would have come to reality without the help of the founder of TMS Entertainment and executive producer of many of the original works.

His name is Yutaka Fujioka and he needs his own page.

Additionally, many other sites have been using a photo of Japanese actor Fujio Tokita (常田富士男), which is needless to say not Fujioka. A proper photo of Fujioka has been shared on twitter, and cross referencing it with younger photos of Fujioka beg to reason it is in fact him. Search up 藤岡豊 in google.

https://twitter.com/castle_gtm/status/1274723219866443777

It is long overdue that this under appreciated backbone of anime got some appreciation and I hope that staff of MyAnimeList will fast track making the needed changes to the site so his page can be up sometime in October. I think many of you will agree with me that Fujioka deserves some love and attention.

DJRX78Oct 6, 2021 11:37 AM
Oct 9, 2021 9:00 AM
Mar 2013
Here are just a few of the works that Fujioka helped facilitate as a producer/executive producer:

Lupin III: Part I
Lupin III: Part II
Lupin III: Part III
Lupin III: Secret Files
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro
Lupin the 3rd: The Mystery of Mamo
Lupin III: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon

Akira (Production Committee)
Golgo 13: The Professional
Space Adventure Cobra - The Movie

Sherlock Hound

To be frank, many series would never had existed without Fujioka. There probably wouldn't be a Studio Ghibli without Fujioka having a place for someone like Miyazai to build his career up even more. I think it may be safe to say many people in the anime industry don't get enough credit for what they did, and Fujioka is certainly one of them.

Dec 14, 2021 8:13 PM
Mar 2013
Bumping this up again.

Other platforms have already been able to update their pages with the correct info for Yutaka Fujioka.

Anime News Network

Anime List

Even google recognizes him now!

This is someone who made an important impact on the world of animation. Not giving him a page so more people can recognize him is foolish. So who ever is responsible for adding new pages, please make one for Yutaka Fujioka.

Thank you!
Dec 20, 2021 6:42 AM

Oct 2019
You should probably do it yourself then wait for some years for the mods to approve it since mal is really slow in these type of things.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=515949#msg18236805
Full_anime_FanDec 20, 2021 6:46 AM

Dec 22, 2021 10:30 AM
Mar 2013
Full_manga_Fan said:
You should probably do it yourself then wait for some years for the mods to approve it since mal is really slow in these type of things.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=515949#msg18236805

That does suck, but then again at least Anime News Network and a couple of other sites have updated their databases. Maybe MAL is underfunded and understaffed to be doing anything about this kind of issue.

I can also understand how they're probably less concerned about actual record keeping and just keeping the buzz up on this site so that new companies will continue to put ads on here so that they can keep the site afloat. The fact this site exists is wonderful, but it's a shame that they don't seem to have all of what they need to make things work.
Dec 22, 2021 10:47 AM
Dec 2021
Keeping tabs on this.

More topics from this board

» Buy a small morale patches

audrawells95 - 6 hours ago

0 by audrawells95 »»
6 hours ago

» forum rules and blogs

leyaf - May 5

3 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
6 hours ago

» Add an option to view (and display) ratings with a 5 star scale (allowing half stars)

Bergioyn - Yesterday

2 by hacker09 »»
6 hours ago

» [QoL] Allow more than 9 items in My Last List Updates

anonymate - Mar 25

4 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
7 hours ago

» Loosen Review Guidelines

Unrighteous - Yesterday

0 by Unrighteous »»
Yesterday, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.