Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2021 8:43 PM

Jul 2019
Don't know why the manhua (manga) isn't popular on here, but it's available on WeComics for the official translation. There are 189 officially translated chapters currently and 197 chapters published in the Chinese site, so WeComics is not far behind. The novel has 126 chapters (including the extras) and the manhua has adapted about 70. The manhua was the first adaptation, followed by the donghua (anime), then the TV drama, but the drama was the first to conclude and the donghua is currently on its final season. The manhua still has a few years to go.

The first 25 chapters are free to read on WeComics without an account, and if you download the app and create an account, you get 24 hours to read all the chapters. If you want to buy the chapters to support the author, buying the 164 premium chapters only costs 20 dollars (2500 coins). The WeComics translation is not available anywhere else on the internet (as far as I know), but the next best thing is on Mangadex, which has the fan translations done by different groups and uploaded by them directly (other manga sites steal them from Mangadex). Their translations seem to be fine but the image quality is noticeably inferior to WeComics.

The manhua is more detailed than the donghua, as in more faithful to the novel. While I think the donghua is generally better, the additional amount of content shown in the manhua is something that definitely makes it worth reading. The art is great too. Tencent Penguin Pictures produced both the manhua and donghua adaptations, so they're well coordinated to compliment each other, not to replace each other! The donghua also has a LOT of unique content that isn't on the manhua, specially for action scenes. So even though the manhua shows more content overall, this doesn't mean it has all the donhua content. Both manhua and donghua essentially work as a single adaptation.

Two major highlights of the manhua are the phenomenal execution of Yi City Arc and the relationship of WWX and LZ. Their relationship is very gay and very wholesome in the manhua, while the donghua has toned it down. As you might know, there's a ban on LGBT content in China since 2016. The Untamed suffered from this as well, even more so than the donghua because it had real people in it. The manhua on the other hand has complied with the rules of the ban while still showcasing their relationship as openly gay.

I hope this information was useful!
RojasebAug 27, 2021 7:22 AM
Aug 27, 2021 5:12 AM

Mar 2020
Rojaseb said:
Don't know why the manhua (manga) isn't popular on here, but it's available on WeComics for the official translation. There are 189 officially translated chapters currently and 197 chapters published in the Chinese site, so WeComics is not far behind. The novel has 126 chapters (including the extras) and the manhua has adapted about 70. The manhua was the first adaptation, followed by the donghua (anime), then the TV drama, but the drama was the first to conclude and the donghua is currently on its final season. The manhua still has a few years to go.

The first 25 chapters are free to read on WeComics without an account, and if you download the app and create an account, you get 24 hours to read all the chapters you want of any story. If you want to buy the chapters to support the author, buying the 164 premium chapters only costs 20 dollars (2500 coins). The WeComics translation is not available anywhere else on the internet (as far as I know), but the next best thing is on Mangadex, which has the fan translations done by different groups and uploaded by them directly (other manga sites steal them from here). Their translations seem to be fine but the image quality is noticeably inferior to WeComics.

The manhua is more detailed than the donghua, as in more faithful to the novel. While I think the donghua is better (in almost every way), the additional amount of content shown in the manhua is something that definitely makes it worth reading. The art is great too. Tencent Penguin Pictures produced both the manhua and donghua adaptations, so they're well coordinated to compliment each other, not to replace each other. The donghua also has a lot of unique content that isn't on the manhua, specially for action scenes. So even though the manhua shows more content overall, this doesn't mean it has all the donghua content!

Finally, it's easier to follow the story in the manhua than in the donghua, not just for the extra content, but because of the way in which the manhua is written. Dialogues and narration tend to be more informative, while they're more eloquent and emotional in the donghua (characters have a lot more personality in the donghua).

It was thanks. I am definately going to try it once the final season ends
Oct 17, 2021 2:50 AM
Jun 2021
Rojaseb said:

The first 25 chapters are free to read on WeComics without an account, and if you download the app and create an account, you get 24 hours to read all the chapters. If you want to buy the chapters to support the author, buying the 164 premium chapters only costs 20 dollars (2500 coins). The WeComics translation is not available anywhere else on the internet (as far as I know), but the next best thing is on Mangadex, which has the fan translations done by different groups and uploaded by them directly (other manga sites steal them from Mangadex). Their translations seem to be fine but the image quality is noticeably inferior to WeComics.

The manhua is more detailed than the donghua, as in more faithful to the novel. While I think the donghua is generally better, the additional amount of content shown in the manhua is something that definitely makes it worth reading. The art is great too. Tencent Penguin Pictures produced both the manhua and donghua adaptations, so they're well coordinated to compliment each other, not to replace each other! The donghua also has a LOT of unique content that isn't on the manhua, specially for action scenes. So even though the manhua shows more content overall, this doesn't mean it has all the donhua content. Both manhua and donghua essentially work as a single adaptation.

Two major highlights of the manhua are the phenomenal execution of Yi City Arc and the relationship of WWX and LZ. Their relationship is very gay and very wholesome in the manhua, while the donghua has toned it down. As you might know, there's a ban on LGBT content in China since 2016. The Untamed suffered from this as well, even more so than the donghua because it had real people in it. The manhua on the other hand has complied with the rules of the ban while still showcasing their relationship as openly gay.

i’m going to start reading the manhua soon and i was looking for where to read it. thank u!
Nov 19, 2021 5:24 PM

Feb 2016
I'm currently watching the donghua and am absolutely loving it so I definitely plan on reading it as well so thanks for all the information! Just wondering if someone here knows what's up with WeComics and how to use it? I've been trying to create an account but for some reason it won't work no matter what I try, and when I download the app it is somehow only all in a foreign language...
Nov 20, 2021 6:07 AM

Jul 2019
Yassi-chan said:
I'm currently watching the donghua and am absolutely loving it so I definitely plan on reading it as well so thanks for all the information! Just wondering if someone here knows what's up with WeComics and how to use it? I've been trying to create an account but for some reason it won't work no matter what I try, and when I download the app it is somehow only all in a foreign language...

WeComics has shut down and there's no legal way to read this manhua in English anymore.

WeComics merged with the app and website Web Novel and most of its comics were transferred, but MDZS was not due to copyright issues.
Nov 20, 2021 6:11 AM

Feb 2016
Rojaseb said:
Yassi-chan said:

WeComics has shut down and there's no legal way to read this manhua in English anymore.

WeComics merged with the app and website Web Novel and most of its comics were transferred, but MDZS was not due to copyright issues.

Thanks so much for replying! Such a shame to hear that...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Chapter 155 Discussion

Konani - Jan 18, 2022

1 by Mack_Yeager »»
Mar 8, 3:29 AM

» Art

Noxilla - Apr 20, 2023

3 by mugen_ga »»
Nov 28, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Chapter 218 Discussion

Konani - Jan 20, 2022

1 by PurpleGirl203 »»
Nov 18, 2022 3:12 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Chapter 260 Discussion

VeruskaVarsovia - Nov 17, 2022

0 by VeruskaVarsovia »»
Nov 17, 2022 12:41 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Chapter 118 Discussion

Konani - Jan 18, 2022

1 by PurpleGirl203 »»
Nov 17, 2022 9:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.