Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2021 1:36 AM
Jul 2021
Do u think it would have been possible for Gin to live a life outside of the spirit world or even just a life with Hotaru? The big problem was touching human skin so he could have wore long sleeves and gloves although it could maybe be a problem that he didn’t age. Also I’m not tryna contradict the story I thought every part was beautiful I’m just curious to what y’all think
Aug 10, 2021 4:28 AM

Sep 2016
His death was sad, but he always wanted to touch humans and of course he wanted to spend more time with Hotaru, but he was really happy that he could finally hug her after all those years. I don't think they relationship would work, he can't age after all, so he would see Hotaru die of old age, then probably touch her so he could disappear with her? I don't know, it would not work either way in my opinion.
Aug 10, 2021 7:45 AM

Jun 2021
I thought at first that it'll have a happy ending or something like they found a solution to make him go back being a human, turns out i was wrong. The parents totally gets on my nerves, i would definitely kill his parents if i were to meet them, like who in the actual fk abandons a child in the forest to die alone. He couldve lived a normal life if it werent for his parents.

Aug 10, 2021 11:43 AM
Apr 2021
Actually I love this story the way as it is. It’s bittersweet and so touching if I remember well I even cried. Honestly I think the ending makes it really good - with a happy ending it wouldn’t make you think about the worth of relationships and the importance of physical contact! Facing these times nowadays when we had to distance ourselves from others it’s even more thought-provoking..
Aug 10, 2021 11:59 AM
Jul 2021
AnimeFunFan said:
Actually I love this story the way as it is. It’s bittersweet and so touching if I remember well I even cried. Honestly I think the ending makes it really good - with a happy ending it wouldn’t make you think about the worth of relationships and the importance of physical contact! Facing these times nowadays when we had to distance ourselves from others it’s even more thought-provoking..
oh ye I totally agree, I wouldn’t change a thing, I just think it’s interesting to think about if he could have had a life
Aug 10, 2021 8:17 PM
Dec 2020
All I feel is hollow from inside whenever I think about this masterpiece, but but I'm sure that both would have been satisfied with the time they spent and he died in the best way possible, in her arms while hugging her.
Aug 11, 2021 7:20 AM
Nov 2020
as much as I had hoped throughout the movie that they'd find a solution, deep down I knew from the get go, when he mentioned he couldn't touch a human, that some shit was gunna go down. I imagine the attraction to each other was even greater because of the fact they couldn't touch. But I see what you mean. I suppose he prolly COULD'VE just wore gloves, possibly an extremely thin body suit to have physical contact, condoms and what not. It's been years since I've seen it, but i believe he wasn't able to leave the forest either. So that was another problem. I suppose they could've built a house or something in the forest. As for age, I'm sure they could look past it, as to her, he would always be the same, and to him he would probably always love her regardless. In the end, if she were to grow old and die, he could finally touch her as she took her last breath, and die together. I'm sure there's many other struggles I'm not taking into account, but I suppose it could've worked out if they really wanted it to. Now I'm gunna have to watch it again.
She felt like Heaven, but I'm sure she was in Hell.
Oct 29, 2021 2:39 AM
Aug 2021
It was a good movie but I felt like it happened too fast, Hotaru just realised gin's feelings and he disappeared.. I guess it would have been better if the relationship was more detailed
Nov 12, 2021 12:43 AM
Jul 2021
Yeah that was probably one of the most well-executed endings I’ve seen
Jan 4, 3:01 AM
Jul 2021
Gin was never real, it was her imagination all along. Nothing we saw was real period.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hotarubi no Mori e Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Orulyon - Feb 22, 2012

431 by SauravKr_25-12 »»
Apr 20, 1:41 AM

» Why does the girl doesn’t look that upset?

Sincere_T_ - Jun 12, 2020

9 by Dawizz »»
Jan 4, 3:00 AM

» How did you feel at the end of the anime ? ( 1 2 3 )

Galaxy__ - Mar 3, 2016

122 by Dawizz »»
Jan 4, 2:58 AM

» Any Anime which ends in 1 eps and in 45 mins (like thus one)

WVM - Nov 29, 2022

19 by yvonness »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:07 AM

» Any rumored/known reason why it hasn't been licensed in North America?

Lolicon - May 8, 2022

0 by Lolicon »»
May 8, 2022 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.