Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 2, 2021 1:11 AM

Jun 2013
This was part of a type of experiment to show our own community (Iranians, many of them coming in here because of our efforts) that these scores can be changed with relative ease.
Since MAL is fast becoming more widespread in Iran and more and more people were taking the scores seriously to the point of insulting each other over the top anime in the lists I did this in order to show them the reality of the issue.
Here is a video with English subs explaining the rationale and everything else related to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT_BWlErOzQ

We will remove the scores shortly even if the mods don't catch up to it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 2, 2021 1:56 AM

Jun 2019
Let's make it into top 10
Jul 2, 2021 4:29 AM

Jul 2021
canary1996 said:
nah, it's childish af
Jul 2, 2021 4:46 AM
Aug 2020
geqo said:
canary1996 said:
nah, it's childish af

It'll be hilarious why not?
Jul 2, 2021 5:55 AM

Jun 2019
geqo said:
canary1996 said:
nah, it's childish af

for temporary
i'll remove my score to this manga after that
Jul 2, 2021 6:16 AM

Nov 2018
I watched the YT video, it just goes to show that the rating system can still be manipulated, even with the safeguards that were put into place last year. The anti-bot/troll measures still don't discourage gatekeeping, brigading and spamming, which is something the mods need to touch upon again, especially with this manga series and Fruits Basket.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 2, 2021 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Local man manipulating MAL's system
Nothing new to see here
They will fix this manga's score but will not touch the system

Also according to them vote brigading is only okay if biggest fandoms do it like FMAB or AOT
If you vote brigading on smaller titles like this one or Ishuzoku Reviewers they will fix the score
Screwed admins for a screwed site

If we could score the MAL staff like we score anime and manga , the admins would not get anything above 4.50
removed-userJul 2, 2021 10:10 AM
Jul 2, 2021 12:01 PM

Jun 2015
Please support this algorithm, it works against vote brigading like a charm, e.g.,

Jul 2, 2021 6:26 PM
Jan 2019
I don't think anyone cares. Get rid of the scores, you are the problem.
Jul 3, 2021 12:01 AM

Jun 2013
Zyrph said:

You guys have been using this platform for way so long and know the deal.
This had to be done anyway since people starting to use it from here literally worshipped the top list.
I don't care toxic people get and I will ask people to remove their scores but it's comical how some are defending this sorry ass system.
And it's even funnier how mods are nowhere to be seen. Just goes to show how easy it is to influence the scores in this website since IMDB and such do appear to have mods who care.
Jul 3, 2021 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
Conforming to this broken system has been the main reason why they don't even bother to improve upon it even though they easily could.
Instead of attacking anyone trying to do something, either completely STFU or help.
Jul 3, 2021 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
Make this with other anime and manga too
But delete the video afterwards
I wonder what will happen
Jul 3, 2021 7:44 AM
Apr 2020
Zyrph said:
yeah i agree, it's pointless
Jul 3, 2021 7:49 AM
Apr 2020
Yasi_yas said:
This experiment has been wisely done by an actual group of people (Not robots) to tell the MAL owners and its community that they have to figure a way out and improve their system.
However, if no change comes after this, I Hope ppl at least try to feel less worried about the scores and care less about them. We confirmed how insecure and biased this scoring system can be.
We will remove our scores soon for sure. Glad we could make things clear.
it didn't need any confirmations tho, if people give 10 ratings to something, the score will get higher, isn't that already obvious? That's just how the system works
Jul 3, 2021 8:27 AM

Jul 2019
I don't get MAL, how comes the stats are still messed up, and I refuse to believe this is automatic because this literally took more than 12 hours to fix, and it wasn't the people who experimented who fixed the score.

Does that show if MAL selectively chooses to bring down some scores over others?? I honestly have no clue lmao. But something is indeed very wrong with this system, even after all the implementations. Not just scores too, character/people counts, review votes, and episode counts are broken too. You guys should have tried experimenting with character/people counts and episode counts, but I would imagine MAL would most likely improve on that, so maybe there isn't a need.

There's not much to do tbh and it is just a case of hope for the best.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Can i read this without reading the first part, and are ratings accurate ?

EDGE666 - Jul 1, 2021

8 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Dec 20, 2021 12:26 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 1, 2013

2 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 19, 2021 8:52 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2012

12 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 19, 2021 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.