Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 16, 2021 5:36 AM
Feb 2021
Personally I'd say yes it deserves no 1 spot i liked some animes more for example death note and hxh but they have problems hxh never ended and even tho i think death note is perfect majority ppl don't like it after a certain someone dies now let's talk about gintama i don't think gintama should be no 1 either becoz its not for everyone and it's long too some ppl say naruto well naruto is great but has alot of themetical problems and asspulls another anime is one piece it has alot of pacing issues i won't talk about shoujo animes becoz I've not seen many and they are too different to be compared some other animes ppl often bring up are monster and code geass for code geass I'll just say that there were some characters which weren't handled really well and the starting of s2 is kinda shaky and monster is an old anime and finally we have Aot which is really good but it isn't finished yet and the ending is pretty controversial.

There are many mangas if adapted properly have the chance to replace FMAB for example berserk, vagabond, jojos p7 etc etc what are ur opinions?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2021 5:48 AM

Nov 2020
FMAB is the most consistent anime whether its plot, animation or music. It checks all the boxes, other than that, it also has a wide appeal. The No. 1 anime should be the representative of the whole Anime so whether its FMAB or AoT or S;G it does not matter as they are excellent in those matter. Personally I like AoT, Gintama and S;G way more than FMAB bc I enjoy AoT, Gintama and S;G much more than FMAB so naturally I want either AoT, Gintama or S;G to be at the top which is entirely subjective . But I can understand why FMAB is No. 1. Btw FMAB's rating has dropped a lot since I joined MAL, it was 9.26 but now its 9.17.
CamelBowJun 16, 2021 6:08 AM

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Jun 16, 2021 5:50 AM
Apr 2021
yes, it was adapted masterfully, i’d even goes as far as saying there’s little to no flaws in it
PhillyThaNLJun 16, 2021 5:56 AM
Jun 16, 2021 5:51 AM

Jun 2020
In my opinion HxH deserves the #1 spot. Maybe if it will finish and the anime will get a sequel, fmab will finally be replaced
Jun 16, 2021 5:51 AM
Oct 2020
Yes it does it’s a masterpiece
Jun 16, 2021 5:52 AM
Apr 2021
adnan_ said:
FMAB is the most consistent anime whether its plot, animation or music. It checks all the boxes, other than that, it also has a wide appeal. The No. 1 anime should be the representative of the whole Anime so whether its FMAB or AoT it does not matter as both are excellent in those matter. Personally I like AoT way more than FMAB bc I enjoy AoT much more than FMAB. But FMAB also deserves this spot. Btw FMAB's rating has dropped a lot since I joined MAL, it was 9.26 but now its 9.17.
ive seen a lotta newer watchers saying it’s overrated, and every single person that says that hasn’t finished the show, they probably just add it to their completed and give it a lower score so AoT can top it. but that’s just my opinion
Jun 16, 2021 5:53 AM
Feb 2021
georgemehh1 said:
In my opinion HxH deserves the #1 spot. Maybe if it will finish and the anime will get a sequel, fmab will finally be replaced
The problem is it seems very unlikely to be finished and u don't want the face of the anime to be unfinished right?
Jun 16, 2021 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
Personally I would say that #1 should either belong to Monster or to LoGH

Jun 2020
Draconic137 said:
georgemehh1 said:
The problem is it seems very unlikely to be finished and u don't want the face of the anime to be unfinished right?
yeah ik what u mean, anyway, we ll see, i m very sure it will end even if that will not happen to soon
Feb 2021
PhillyThaNL said:
adnan_ said:
FMAB is the most consistent anime whether its plot, animation or music. It checks all the boxes, other than that, it also has a wide appeal. The No. 1 anime should be the representative of the whole Anime so whether its FMAB or AoT it does not matter as both are excellent in those matter. Personally I like AoT way more than FMAB bc I enjoy AoT much more than FMAB. But FMAB also deserves this spot. Btw FMAB's rating has dropped a lot since I joined MAL, it was 9.26 but now its 9.17.
ive seen a lotta newer watchers saying it’s overrated, and every single person that says that hasn’t finished the show, they probably just add it to their completed and give it a lower score so AoT can top it. but that’s just my opinion
I've watched FMAB twice its a beautiful show and I'll definitely watch it again as time passes it's not dissapointing in any area tbf
Jun 16, 2021 5:55 AM

Nov 2016
What I consider to be deserving of the #1 is as worthless as any other opinion. Fact is that as of now it's #1 by general consensus. Coping mf's will object "muh down voters", but that reasoning lacks cogency. It doesn't fly when many other "fandoms" do the same.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 16, 2021 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
Yes because it had the most beautiful ending of all anime and the story is epic!
Jun 16, 2021 5:56 AM
Feb 2021
noellie said:
Personally I would say that #1 should either belong to Monster or to LoGH
i haven't watched either but I've only heard good things about logh and monster
Jun 16, 2021 5:57 AM
Apr 2021
Draconic137 said:
PhillyThaNL said:
I've watched FMAB twice its a beautiful show and I'll definitely watch it again as time passes it's not dissapointing in any area tbf
my guy *firmly shakes hand*
Jun 16, 2021 6:00 AM

Nov 2020
PhillyThaNL said:
adnan_ said:
I have also seen many who said that bc I also think so too but its entirely subjective and its also wrong of you to assume that they just put it on completed without watching it [you should just ask the last plot twist of fmab to confirm that]. And its not only fmab whose rating got lower, rating of every show which are in the top 10-15 have also decreased.

Jun 16, 2021 6:01 AM
Feb 2021
In my opinion gintama really deserves to be at number spot cause of how unique and great as a shounen it is season 4 of gintama is the best season of anime I've ever watched and that season has 2 of the best shounen arcs in anime history in my opinion so yeah gintama defo deserves to be at number 1 else I'll go with Hunter x hunter Chimera ant arc is the most thematically represented arc ever so yeah it is also a worthy anime for number 1 but yeah I can see why fmab is at number 1 cause of how consistent through out the story it was so yeah it also deserves to be at number 1 but I m going with gintama and hxh
Jun 16, 2021 6:03 AM
Apr 2021
adnan_ said:
PhillyThaNL said:
I have also seen many who said that bc I also think so too but its entirely subjective and its also wrong of you to assume that they just put it on completed without watching it [you should just ask the last plot twist of fmab to confirm that]. And its not only fmab whose rating got lower, rating of every show which are in the top 10-15 have also decreased.
that’s actually smart, imma start asking them that instead of just assuming it, thanks for the idea man
Jun 16, 2021 6:05 AM
Apr 2021
What kind of question is this if it didn’t deserve it it wouldn’t
Jun 16, 2021 6:05 AM
Jul 2020
No, and it’s pretty annoying whenever a show passes it but then it drops down bc FMA fans are doing whatever they can to keep it at #1. It is amazing though, but many things have passed and deserve to stay higher.
Jun 16, 2021 6:06 AM

Nov 2020
PhillyThaNL said:
adnan_ said:
that’s actually smart, imma start asking them that instead of just assuming it, thanks for the idea man
You are welcome^^

Jun 16, 2021 6:06 AM
Mar 2021
i so hope people like you stop using the Internet i am beyond board of you people milking one show for 20 years
Jun 16, 2021 6:07 AM
May 2021
Yes, I really enjoyed how the story became deeper and deeper. It started with the philosopher's stone and it went so much in detail and it became more dark and the fights were nice and especially the music. People say hxh but the only thing fine about hxh was the arc with the ants. If AOT, demon slayer (when it's finished) or steins;gate becomes 1 I wouldn't mind (haven't watched monster or gintama yet so I'm not gonna talk about them) but for now I say it is the anime which deserves it till now
Jun 16, 2021 6:08 AM
Feb 2021
Well I didn't finish the show so I can't really judge but in my opinion demon slayer should be #1 and especially the movie. He was so fucking amazing
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Jun 16, 2021 6:09 AM
Apr 2021
Ryustar123 said:
In my opinion gintama really deserves to be at number spot cause of how unique and great as a shounen it is season 4 of gintama is the best season of anime I've ever watched and that season has 2 of the best shounen arcs in anime history in my opinion so yeah gintama defo deserves to be at number 1 else I'll go with Hunter x hunter Chimera ant arc is the most thematically represented arc ever so yeah it is also a worthy anime for number 1 but yeah I can see why fmab is at number 1 cause of how consistent through out the story it was so yeah it also deserves to be at number 1 but I m going with gintama and hxh
but Gintama in it’s entirety takes 60 episodes to get really good, before that it’s just alright, slow and kinda boring. so i would have to disagree with u on that.
Also most Shounen anime r very unique in their own right, have u ever seen another pirate anime (other than One Piece)? what about anime soul reaper anime(other than Bleach)? there r very little ninja anime and no anime about titans (other than AoT). there’s also no other anime about an alchemist, well there is that Jean D’arc one but that one was just terrible so we don’t talk about it.
Jun 16, 2021 6:11 AM
Jun 2021
Draconic137 said:
Personally I'd say yes it deserves no 1 spot i liked some animes more for example death note and hxh but they have problems hxh never ended and even tho i think death note is perfect majority ppl don't like it after a certain someone dies now let's talk about gintama i don't think gintama should be no 1 either becoz its not for everyone and it's long too some ppl say naruto well naruto is great but has alot of themetical problems and asspulls another anime is one piece it has alot of pacing issues i won't talk about shoujo animes becoz I've not seen many and they are too different to be compared some other animes ppl often bring up are monster and code geass for code geass I'll just say that there were some characters which weren't handled really well and the starting of s2 is kinda shaky and monster is an old anime and finally we have Aot which is really good but it isn't finished yet and the ending is pretty controversial.

There are many mangas if adapted properly have the chance to replace FMAB for example berserk, vagabond, jojos p7 etc etc what are ur opinions?

Problem with Fmab is that I never met a person who says this is theirs favorite anime.Like everybody talks about how great it is and I personally think it is masterpiece but I always tend to forget about it when someone asks me what is my favorite.I never forget to say HunterxHunter it naturally falls as a first thought.It takes about 15 mins before fmab enters chat
Jun 16, 2021 6:12 AM
Jul 2020
mark_montoya505 said:
that’s not true actually, it’s been beaten by other animes like Kizumonogatari, Hxh, Gintama, aot, and owarimonogatari, but FMA fans keep attacking those shows to keep FMA at number one. Pretty annoying bc in terms of enjoyability I definitely enjoyed those shows more.
Jun 16, 2021 6:12 AM
Dec 2015
I think no shounen should be number 1... they give that "for kids" image of anime
Jun 16, 2021 6:13 AM

Sep 2020
I personally don't think that it deserves a #1 score/rank, but it definitely deserves a high one (in the top 10.), it's a very consistent series, you can always expect great music, animation, and VA's. The fanbase is sort of annoying though when the whole AOT vs. FMA thing was happening on here, I think we could see the true colors of them.
Jun 16, 2021 6:22 AM
Feb 2021
PhillyThaNL said:
Ryustar123 said:
but Gintama in it’s entirety takes 60 episodes to get really good, before that it’s just alright, slow and kinda boring. so i would have to disagree with u on that.
Also most Shounen anime r very unique in their own right, have u ever seen another pirate anime (other than One Piece)? what about anime soul reaper anime(other than Bleach)? there r very little ninja anime and no anime about titans (other than AoT). there’s also no other anime about an alchemist, well there is that Jean D’arc one but that one was just terrible so we don’t talk about it.
ok I have to disagree with you too cause it doesn't take 50 eps to get good its good from ep 3 as it's a comedy anime at first so I don't think so setting an episode it gets good from there will be right for gintama as it isn't proven facts as comedy is subjective and I m one of the example that gintama doesn't take that much time to get good (2) yeah I've seen many shounen every shounen is unique in there own way but most of them use the same troupe like mc will be a teen will gonna have a goal , there will be a training arc , if mc rage he'll defo gonna win it and gintama doesn't have these kind of troupes which I hate now as I've watched those tropes in every other shounen except gintama (3) what sets gintama apart from other shounen are you can't discribe what it actually is about cause in reality it's about nothing it doesn't have any specific goal where it have to go and all that things it doesn't even have a plot lol it's mostly episodic and whenever the serious arcs come they happens cause of a certain reasons not because of plot and that reason becomes the plot of the story (4) I never seen any shounen mc who's a 27 years old lazy guy who just wants to pay his rent he has no special abilities never used power of friendship for winning any battle etc .the point is that you haven't even watched gintama and are pointing out it don't deserve to be there and I just given the reason why it deserves to be at number one and what makes it so unique again I ain't bashing your fav shounen just for the sake of gintama every anime is unique in there own way and I just told that how gintama is unique in its own
Jun 16, 2021 6:24 AM

Jul 2020
Short answer no long answer watch other shows
Jun 16, 2021 6:25 AM
Nov 2020
Draconic137 said:

Well it's a good anime especially because there are quite many episodes and none of them is really boring but I know many 14-20 episodes anime that are better...I gave it a 7/10
Jun 16, 2021 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
Most long time anime fans would disagree with Fmab being number 1, it’s probably a phenomenal anime for new fans, but the more anime you watch the more you realize Fmab is far from a perfect series. Either way as I mentioned it is a great series for new fans, so in some aspects it definitely deserves to be number 1.
Jun 16, 2021 6:27 AM
Apr 2021
Ryustar123 said:
PhillyThaNL said:
ok I have to disagree with you too cause it doesn't take 50 eps to get good its good from ep 3 as it's a comedy anime at first so I don't think so setting an episode it gets good from there will be right for gintama as it isn't proven facts as comedy is subjective and I m one of the example that gintama doesn't take that much time to get good (2) yeah I've seen many shounen every shounen is unique in there own way but most of them use the same troupe like mc will be a teen will gonna have a goal , there will be a training arc , if mc rage he'll defo gonna win it and gintama doesn't have these kind of troupes which I hate now as I've watched those tropes in every other shounen except gintama (3) what sets gintama apart from other shounen are you can't discribe what it actually is about cause in reality it's about nothing it doesn't have any specific goal where it have to go and all that things it doesn't even have a plot lol it's mostly episodic and whenever the serious arcs come they happens cause of a certain reasons not because of plot and that reason becomes the plot of the story (4) I never seen any shounen mc who's a 27 years old lazy guy who just wants to pay his rent he has no special abilities never used power of friendship for winning any battle etc .the point is that you haven't even watched gintama and are pointing out it don't deserve to be there and I just given the reason why it deserves to be at number one and what makes it so unique again I ain't bashing your fav shounen just for the sake of gintama every anime is unique in there own way and I just told that how gintama is unique in its own
okay let’s just agree that my whole statement is invalid bc i haven’t finished Gintama yet
Jun 16, 2021 6:29 AM
Apr 2021
GreiLugaj said:
Most long time anime fans would disagree with Fmab being number 1, it’s probably a phenomenal anime for new fans, but the more anime you watch the more you realize Fmab is far from a perfect series. Either way as I mentioned it is a great series for new fans, so in some aspects it definitely deserves to be number 1.
im a long time fan and i don’t agree with it being number 1 but do think it definitely deserves it
Jun 16, 2021 6:29 AM
Feb 2021
PhillyThaNL said:
Ryustar123 said:
okay let’s just agree that my whole statement is invalid bc i haven’t finished Gintama yet
nah I see your point I won't say your opinion is invalid cause after all it's an opinion so yeah your opinion isn't invalid in my opinion lol
Jun 16, 2021 6:31 AM
Apr 2021
laurastgn said:
Draconic137 said:

Well it's a good anime especially because there are quite many episodes and none of them is really boring but I know many 14-20 episodes anime that are better...I gave it a 7/10
Ryustar123 said:
PhillyThaNL said:
nah I see your point I won't say your opinion is invalid cause after all it's an opinion so yeah your opinion isn't invalid in my opinion lol
i haven’t gotten to the good part yet, it’s still pretty slow and comedy based rn
Jun 16, 2021 6:32 AM
Feb 2021
PhillyThaNL said:
laurastgn said:

Ryustar123 said:
i haven’t gotten to the good part yet, it’s still pretty slow and comedy based rn
you'll eventually get on that part just enjoy the fun raid and take it slow watch whenever you feel like watching it you don't have to hurry and have fun :)
Jun 16, 2021 6:34 AM

Jul 2020
it is subjective to ask whether the series deserves the spot or not
Jun 16, 2021 6:34 AM
Apr 2021
Ryustar123 said:
PhillyThaNL said:
you'll eventually get on that part just enjoy the fun raid and take it slow watch whenever you feel like watching it you don't have to hurry and have fun :)
thanks, i’m trying to take my time with it. it was nice talking to u and hearing your opinions, stay safe and have a good day.
Jun 16, 2021 6:36 AM
Feb 2021
PhillyThaNL said:
Ryustar123 said:
thanks, i’m trying to take my time with it. it was nice talking to u and hearing your opinions, stay safe and have a good day.
oh yeah man take your time and enjoy it and yeah have a good take and stay safe ;)
Jun 16, 2021 6:40 AM
Jul 2020
Definitely for me it's a masterpiece that had made me feel connected to it.
Jun 16, 2021 6:45 AM
Dec 2020
Yes, it very much deserves the no1 spot.
Jun 16, 2021 6:48 AM
Aug 2015
You can't compare one piece or naruto to fmab like that. Of course they will have flaws since they are way longer.

Fmab is a good anime but Death Note deserve that place. The only reason Death Note have 8.69 is because someone they liked died in the anime.

Like that's the only reason, multiple people dropped the score only because of this, which is childish.

If Fmab had a cruel ending or something like that, the score will be lower.

Don't rate an anime because your favorite character died, rate it on his qualities.
Jun 16, 2021 6:52 AM
Nov 2015
Jkappele said:
mark_montoya505 said:
that’s not true actually, it’s been beaten by other animes like Kizumonogatari, Hxh, Gintama, aot, and owarimonogatari, but FMA fans keep attacking those shows to keep FMA at number one. Pretty annoying bc in terms of enjoyability I definitely enjoyed those shows more.

Aot has the consistency of a year old baby's crap with diarrhoea
That is not it's strong suit, it just sails on it's shock value.
Not saying it's bad, i legit loved the first season and picked up the manga, just that it has nothing more than hype and shock value to it
Jun 16, 2021 6:52 AM
Oct 2020
No, it doesn’t. It is a good anime but i think there are way better shows than this. It deserves top 30 i guess. (My personal opinion)
Jun 16, 2021 6:59 AM
Nov 2020
I don't think it deserves no 1 .......
Jun 16, 2021 7:08 AM
Feb 2021
adnan_ said:
FMAB is the most consistent anime whether its plot, animation or music. It checks all the boxes, other than that, it also has a wide appeal. The No. 1 anime should be the representative of the whole Anime so whether its FMAB or AoT or S;G it does not matter as they are excellent in those matter. Personally I like AoT, Gintama and S;G way more than FMAB bc I enjoy AoT, Gintama and S;G much more than FMAB so naturally I want either AoT, Gintama or S;G to be at the top which is entirely subjective . But I can understand why FMAB is No. 1. Btw FMAB's rating has dropped a lot since I joined MAL, it was 9.26 but now its 9.17.
i totally agreee dude, it is ONE OF THE BEST shounen, btw why has the rating dropped by so much?
Jun 16, 2021 7:11 AM
May 2021
Personally, no it doesn't. Actually it was very good but when I rank my favorite animes it's number 4 (1.Attack on Titan,2.Code Geass, 3.Stein's Gate). So I prefer Attack on Titan on first place.
Jun 16, 2021 7:13 AM

Nov 2020
Xenon162 said:
adnan_ said:
i totally agreee dude, it is ONE OF THE BEST shounen, btw why has the rating dropped by so much?
I think bc many people got into anime during the quarantine and saw FMAB as 1, gave it a try and got disappointed, so rated it 7-8. I don't think it was Bot spam since MAL quickly gets rid of those bots.

Jun 16, 2021 7:19 AM

Nov 2020
Highonthighs said:
Jkappele said:

Aot has the consistency of a year old baby's crap with diarrhoea
That is not it's strong suit, it just sails on it's shock value.
Not saying it's bad, i legit loved the first season and picked up the manga, just that it has nothing more than hype and shock value to it
I agree that AoT is not consistent animation wise but saying it only depends on its shock value and hype is completely wrong imo, if that was true than S3P2 and Marley Arc would not be so damn high rated since Madoka Magica also has shock factor in it but its no where near the 9 territory.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.