Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2021 6:22 AM
Feb 2017
He is actually "harassing" her at the start of the series and that is a big reason why people dislike the show. Disliking a show because it has scenes of 'harassment' isn't just "extra stuff".
I've read quite a few age gap romances but in none of them did any of the characters follow around the other and said things which made them feel uncomfortable. Being honest with your feelings is one thing but to constantly keep repeating it when the other party is feeling uncomfortable isn't okay, especially when it's coming from an adult.

Forgetting the age gap, just think about a person who is constantly texting and calling you, and is also sending you gifts, even after you've told them to stop multiple times. You firmly tell them to stop but then they somehow make themselves look innocent, and so you have to apologize for calling them out.

The show did get enjoyable for me but only after the side characters - Tamaru and Matsushima were introduced. If they hadn't been introduced then I would've dropped the show long time ago based on Ryou's actions alone.

Also the sound quality is bad. I did get used to it but I can see why people would have wanted to drop it based on that alone.

And Nagatoro definitely does get way more hate than Koikimo. Based on the title alone that show gets a lot of hate, so Koikimo is doing better. The main reason for Nagatoro's popularity also comes because it was already famous before because of it's manga.

Finally, everyone just has their own tastes. It's cool if you found the positive side of this show and you enjoy, it but don't expect others to feel the same way you do. You can't really make someone like a show if it makes them uncomfortable, regardless of how petty or small their reason may be.

Jun 2, 2021 7:44 AM

Apr 2020
All the haters just tell me one thing did you liked the garden of words
Cuz both have almost same age gap
But yet just because it has more beautiful visuals and. It is "MAKOTO SHINKAI" Film AND age gap is between YOUNG boy and OLD Girl, so everyone praise it and at the same time hate Koikimo
Be consistent boiz
NaughtySempaiJun 2, 2021 9:25 AM
Jun 2, 2021 8:04 AM

Jul 2014
"what pisses me off more is seeing that people enjoy it but are actually embarrassed to say so because of all the hate it got."
Bruh I am pretty vocal with loving this show despite the hate trend from the misconception of not understanding the meaning of pedophilia that people label this show as. I advice a lot of you to actually do a quick google search on what that word actually means, unless a lot of you really think Ichika is a child or has not undergone through puberty. Whenever people see an age gap anime where the male is the one older people starts hating it and uses every slang word in their vocabulary to shit on it, get over yourselves, there aint nothing wrong with having an age gap that isnt that far apart, and yes 10 years is NOT that far apart (and before anyone twists this and says "then a 10 yr old going out with a 20 yr old would be ok for you huh?" no dipshit thats not the point.)
NaughtySempai said:
But yet just because it has more beautiful visuals and. It is "MAKOTO SHINKAI" Film AND age gap is between YOUNG boy and OLD Girl, so everyone praise it at the same time hate Koikimo
Be consistent boiz

They're ok with that cause its the female thats older, they only have a problem with it when its the other way around.
Jun 2, 2021 9:31 AM

Apr 2020
-Stray said:
"what pisses me off more is seeing that people enjoy it but are actually embarrassed to say so because of all the hate it got."
Bruh I am pretty vocal with loving this show despite the hate trend from the misconception of not understanding the meaning of pedophilia that people label this show as. I advice a lot of you to actually do a quick google search on what that word actually means, unless a lot of you really think Ichika is a child or has not undergone through puberty. Whenever people see an age gap anime where the male is the one older people starts hating it and uses every slang word in their vocabulary to shit on it, get over yourselves, there aint nothing wrong with having an age gap that isnt that far apart, and yes 10 years is NOT that far apart (and before anyone twists this and says "then a 10 yr old going out with a 20 yr old would be ok for you huh?" no dipshit thats not the point.)
NaughtySempai said:
But yet just because it has more beautiful visuals and. It is "MAKOTO SHINKAI" Film AND age gap is between YOUNG boy and OLD Girl, so everyone praise it at the same time hate Koikimo
Be consistent boiz

They're ok with that cause its the female thats older, they only have a problem with it when its the other way around.

yes i love this show
at first i started it as a alternative to higehiro cuz i wanted to binge that
BUT now i am totally loving it

also there's real life incident that
our county's top actress named Priyanka chopra got married with some 10 years younger!!! boy and literally every one were happy and accepted it
Jun 2, 2021 1:08 PM

Apr 2021
Linux_2020 said:
There's really nothing to hate in this series, at least this show is much more better than that eyesore Higehiro...

Cool, nobody asked though.
Jun 2, 2021 3:56 PM
Dec 2019
NaughtySempai said:
But yet just because it has more beautiful visuals and. It is "MAKOTO SHINKAI" Film AND age gap is between YOUNG boy and OLD Girl, so everyone praise it and at the same time hate Koikimo
Be consistent boiz

Or maybe the main difference is that other age-gap stories didn't start with older person harrasing unwilling younger person into relationship? Main reason people dislike or hate Koikimo is the whole stalker/harraser vibe made romantic, it just happens that age gap is worst combination for this kind of male MC. Ryou being much older and Ichika being teen just makes the creepy advances much worse, since it's harder for kid to respond appropriately to adult that doesn't understand "no", especially in Asian countries where it's expected kids should listen to elders and never be rude to them, and it's made even worse when her best friend dox her info to brother and her mother and other adults don't support her against her stalker. Like @zerokarasu mentioned, swap Ryuu for Fat Ugly Guy and he immediatley becomes disgusting creep.

While some prople will always hate age-gap stories, the trick to make them broadly appealing is to make the couple "work" so people can cheer for it despite age issues. Important thing is maturity - both sides should be very mature to make this work, younger should be mature enough to keep up with actual adult, older should be mature enough to understand the risk such uneven relation brings to his younger partner. Often the older partner shows maturity by refusing the relationship at first, and slowly relenting later. Koikimo fails horribly at that, because the older guy is the immature one, ignoring both the underage aspect and the whole consent thing, which is terrifying coming from side that will have upper hand in possible future relationship.

Other trick to age-gap stories is making good reason for them to get together despite gap issue. Some stories make the younger person try to escape from bad home situation, and find safe place at older person side, while older person have their life rejuvenated by the younger companion. Other stories start at shared connection - Garden of Words have them meet, alienated, in the titular garden during every rainy morning. After the Rain have both characters share dissatisfaction with how their life is going vs what they planned. Koikimo have older guy fall in love because girl had helped him once? And because she dislikes him, what a compelling reason for forbidden romance. The girl on the other side is such average teenager there's even thread here about how dull she is, unlike teenagers in other age-gap stories that usually had some maturity forced on them, due to family issues or accident etc, and her reason for romancing him is because he kept bothering her until she relented?

Nagatoro is different because it's about young kids (1 year high school) that can grow up and be better, 27 year old adults don't change easily. That also makes his change suspect - if his stubbornness and refusal to hear "no" landed him girlfriend, won't he end up reverting to that approach in the future if the couple have rocky times? I wonder how shippers see this couple in few years - Ryou was still super jealous about her schoolmates FFS in recent episodes, if Ichika goes to college and will hang out with peers her age, including guys, how will he deal with that? It's not like she's super into him, and there'll be plenty of harsh times for their relationship due to the age difference, if some guy her age gets close to her during such time I don't see Ryou reacting nicely and reasonably.
Jun 2, 2021 10:20 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
can't say anything about this one sinced I haven't watched, but I can agree that everything in this season is better than Nagatoro, including that series with the astronaut cats that literally has no rating

i'd probably enjoy it, after all i gave tate no yuusha a 7
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Jun 8, 2021 2:08 AM

Jul 2014
zerokarasu said:
oh really?? why not change the guy into some "ugly bast**d" or maybe just typical normal guy
Like in "To be hero"? Main character is completely disgusting even before the physical change. He has some redeeming points, though, which make a very interesting low budget and mediocre show.
zerokarasu said:

"RYOU IS DISGUSTING CREEPY UGLY PEDOPHILE,OMG,CALL POLICE GUYS"
People already say that, despite the fact it's clearly not pedophilia, since Ichika is not a prepubescent child.

Actually, a show like this with an "ugly bastard" actually sounds very interesting to me. I'll google it and see if I can find some.

Oh. There is Koi kaze for you. Thanks for the nice idea for a self-recommendation.
LeviathanTheEspJun 8, 2021 2:11 AM
Sep 4, 2021 10:42 PM

Sep 2012
I honestly don't see what reason there is to hate on this show. It was lovely and entertaining and had a great ending. the show itself talked about the "issues" with the main characters' relationship, and it was executed in an understandable manner, which made the show even better. At the end of the day, its just fiction and made for purely enjoyment. I know for myself it was really a good watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2021 9:08 AM

May 2016
I see ann was melting down over this anime so i gotta check it out now
Sep 25, 2021 7:14 AM
Aug 2020
maybe bc it romanticize grooming????
Sep 30, 2021 11:12 PM
Apr 2016
MrFlakey said:
I didn't really understand the people that said he's harassing her from the beginning and stuff but I let it go as everyone has his opinion and stuff even if they explain why they hate it in a wrong way. but then don't toy with me nagatoro san released and no one seemed to care about what the girl is doing and they say it's "cute" and I am just confused. are people just angry at koikimo just because of the age difference and saying "he's harassing her" and stuff as an extra explanation? like, nagatoro took harassing to a new extreme and yet it has way better rating and way larger community. I am not saying liking nagatoro is wrong or it's just bad, it's true I don't like it but I won't be an asshole and hate on a show for some reasons that probably just me who has them.

but I'm gonna say this. as of now IMO koikimo is way cuter way more wholesome than any episode of nagatoro that has aired. it get's way more unnecessary hate just because of the age difference despite people saying other reasons but that's truly the main reason.

what pisses me off more is seeing that people enjoy it but are actually embarrassed to say so because of all the hate it got.

I 100% agree with you. In fact I couldn't even make it through the first episode of Nagatoro. People bring up the age gap thing even though the same thing happens all the time all over the world, even America. People also brings up the whole stalking/grooming thing even though it doesn't even happen. He's not preparing her for sexual acts. That's what grooming means. Not once does he try to prepare her for anything. He courts her through calling and giving gifts. Doesn't people do the exact same thing in real life? I just don't understand why people hate this series so much, yet they like others that are similar if not worst. Anyways, I'm done getting things off my chest.
Nov 6, 2021 3:00 PM
May 2017
Eh people actually hate this? I thought this was one of "normal" romance only "age gap" the odd. It's too judgemental saying his interest on her by the "age" ignoring the actual thing like his "feeling" and "hard work" to become a deserved man. He even accept waiting her become a fully adult to start officially dating
Nov 6, 2021 3:05 PM
Jan 2021
mumun said:
Eh people actually hate this? I thought this was one of "normal" romance only "age gap" the odd. It's too judgemental saying his interest on her by the "age" ignoring the actual thing like his "feeling" and "hard work" to become a deserved man. He even accept waiting her become a fully adult to start officially dating
as it was airing it got a lot of shit, the score was much lower than it is now. I'm glad the score is better now as I liked the story, the only thing that was bad was the quality of the voices but that's it
Nov 15, 2021 4:48 AM
Mar 2018
I am still on episode 8 but so far it is pretty good. I was honestly kind of worried when I read the synopsis. I dont mind the 10-year age gap, but that the girl was a minor. I figured that might be an issue depending on how the anime would tackle it. But so far, I think Ryo is ok. Ichika is not necessarily pushing him away either and she herself expressed that Ryo is not bad towards her.

I also get that Ryo calling her every night lol might get annoying and is somewhat pushy, but then again, Ichika has the choice to turn him down completely but she somehow still entertains his actions. To be fair, Ichika's mother is aware of the situation too. There may be times when Ryo's actions (like suggesting to kiss on the first ep lol, hugging her, holding her hand) might be kinda red-flagged if he went overboard but overall I think his actions are acceptable. He isnt approaching her as a monster of any sort and is actually proving himself to be a better person compared to who he was before meeting Ichika and he is actually putting in efforts to pursue her gradually.

He kind of reminds me of Tamaki Suo haaha I thought they shared the same VA, tk my surprise they didnt. So far, so good. I think this anime is a good romcom :)
vienneluNov 15, 2021 4:51 AM
Dec 1, 2021 9:57 AM

Sep 2019
Why do some people hate the show ?
Because they are narrow minded. Especially in the US people were groomed and brainwashed into believing 'that is right' and everything even 1 millimeter outside of that is evil incarnate.
Like the same people trying to tell you '17 year olds don't know what they want yet and shouldn't even think about relationships with older people', but at the same time saying '12 year olds know if they are homosexual or not for sure'. Lol. Pick one or the other. Or better yet: Just shut the fuck up.
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Dec 23, 2021 8:01 AM
Jul 2021
will it get dubbed?
Jan 24, 2022 7:34 PM
May 2019
AK_senpai said:
will it get dubbed?

That's what I came to find out 😁
Jan 29, 2022 1:13 AM

Nov 2021
Somehow most of the people I agree with in this discussion also have similar anime taste. なんか面白いですね. I like this anime, just finished watching it for the second time. I tried to show it to a friend of mine, but they didn't like "the romanization of stalker / pedo behavior". I guess I can understand how people may view it like that, but somehow I personally didn't get that vibe. The obvious reason for me is already there in the first episode. We see an adult person leaving an apartment, where he spent the night with another adult - yes, he didn't enjoy it, but this at least already shows that he's pretty much a regular guy, living a regular life. Then a high school girl saves his ass. It's not like he becomes all of a sudden super creepy about her. He's not interested in her at all. She gives him her lunch, because she's worried about him, and he wasn't even that interested in eating that meal either, and I assume he only ate it, because he didn't feel good about throwing it away for no good reason. If he was a guy into young girls, it would have already happen, but nothing like that ever happened to him in the past and even now when he had a chance, he didn't fall into that behavior, because he is just not that kind of a person. And we know he is not like that, because the anime keeps telling you about how he was entirely different all his life. Then, when this girl turned down his usual behavior, something hit him. Perhaps that was the first time he felt like he reached a certain "bottom". He was saved after all. Perhaps, he wouldn't exactly die from that fall, but probably he could have been injured badly, and he was saved from all that. And on top of all that, a decent person saved him, a person who even gave him food to ensure he'll get better. And all he could think of to offer as a thank you was "I can kiss you or more if you want". All his life, all the girls surrounding him gave him the impression that his offer would be something valuable and so it is appropriate, because girls love it. And she's a girl, so she should be in heaven, right? By turning him down in such a blunt way, she made him finally understand that what he was doing up until then was wrong. And we can see that he realized it, because from that moment on he slowly becomes a better person with everyone around. I think one of the reasons I like his character, is that once he understood that he was behaving as a scumbag all this time, he decides that he wants to be near the person who won't let him be like that. A person that will see through all that bullshit and as such will keep him in check. This situation is believable to me, and I'm pretty sure he would fall for any girl, whether a high schooler or an older woman at that moment (since we know he used to date women his age up until that moment). It just happened to be a high schooler.

As for the age gap - it bothers people so much, but it bothers the characters as well. Watch it through, and you'll see how they resolve it.

As for him constantly sending her gifts, even though she asked him not to, and calling her - today I feel like defending the dude. His gifts are romantic (one flower a day, because of her name), he makes a whole textbook for her to succeed in exams (which she appreciates a lot), she called him first, and if she truly didn't like the guy, she would stop leading him on and would call the police. She like that he is sincere, and she mainly feels uncomfortable about all the gifts, because it's too much attention that she is not used to. But she doesn't feel uncomfortable around him, and that is what is most important.
Feb 8, 2022 11:06 PM
May 2021
They hate the age gap between the main duo, yet praise fruits basket, which is having some of the ships having the same age gap
Feb 26, 2022 4:40 AM

Mar 2019
He's literally harassing a minor trying to force her to go out with him when he's a grown man, y'all are fucked in the head if you think that's okay.
Mar 3, 2022 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Lumyh said:
He's literally harassing a minor trying to force her to go out with him when he's a grown man, y'all are fucked in the head if you think that's okay.

Idk it seems like a fictional show but i could be wrong
Mar 4, 2022 4:09 AM

Mar 2019
HeroicIdealism said:
Lumyh said:

Idk it seems like a fictional show but i could be wrong

Fictional or not, he's still grooming a minor.
Sure, it's a drawing, but that doesn't make it morally right.
I'm all for taboo romance in anime and manga, not when it's forced like this.
Mar 23, 2022 1:34 PM
May 2021
Let me ask the OP and the people agreeing with this thread a question. Do y'all genuinely believe that Ryou's behavior, especially at the beginning is acceptable in the real world? You know, the not taking no for an answer, constant harassment and stalking of a high schooler, threatening another high schooler who's interested in her etc? If you answer to that is yes then maybe consider that the reason you don't understand why it's getting hate is a YOU problem. None of what I just mentioned is okay. This doesn't even mention the whole age gap thing which is a huge turn off for a lot of people already. The MC is genuinely a disgusting, immature human being. What this show attempts to romanticize is genuinely harmful in the real world. What makes it worse is that the girl's friends and family enabled this behavior.

This show was truly vile in my opinion. I have no idea how I got through all 12 episodes of it
Mar 24, 2022 1:08 AM

Jan 2019
it's just that most westerners can't fathom that Asian culture is diff from theirs lmao
Mar 26, 2022 8:37 AM

May 2021
Umm, do some of these people realise this is a cartoon? Why you bringing real life into this. Even if it did happen in real life, what are you gonna do? Stop it, maybe. Tell the man it's not right, the if he has any personality like Ryou's then he'll take it into consideration and dial it back.

bro, why are we thinking that this is something like a 20 year age gap, he's not a 40 year old man who's a pervert. Have you never seen an age gaped relationship, a lot of people have them.
Mar 26, 2022 8:42 AM
Jan 2021
Thegirlwithfish said:
Umm, do some of these people realise this is a cartoon? Why you bringing real life into this. Even if it did happen in real life, what are you gonna do? Stop it, maybe. Tell the man it's not right, the if he has any personality like Ryou's then he'll take it into consideration and dial it back.

bro, why are we thinking that this is something like a 20 year age gap, he's not a 40 year old man who's a pervert. Have you never seen an age gaped relationship, a lot of people have them.

I love that a discussion that I opened more than half a year ago is still alive 🤣. I honestly expected it to die out after a couple of days or get removed by the mods because I had posts removed for the stupidest reasons. but wow this post has been going strong and a lot of different opinions are gathered here and it makes me very happy
Apr 30, 2022 4:18 PM
Apr 2022
Thegirlwithfish said:
Even if it did happen in real life, what are you gonna do? Stop it, maybe.

Umm, yup...all it takes is a police report. Your home gets raided. House searched and they find your pr0n stash. Your computer seized, internet browsing history and phone records history checked, and into the sex offenders register you go, with a criminal conviction. Not allowed to be near schools at all hours 7 days a week, and not within 500 metres. And wearing an ankle monitoring bracelet. Not allowed to drive period. Checkins weekly with the offenders board. You lose your job. You apply for a new job and you need to tick that box that you're a crim.

Otherwise off you go into jail. Your quality of life and reputation is so rekt, you thus move far away into a rural town with a population of 80.

Society protects.
Jul 17, 2022 1:42 PM

Feb 2019
Thegirlwithfish said:
Have you never seen an age gaped relationship, a lot of people have them.

The more I read comments in MAL threads the more I think the real question here should be; "Have you actually ANY experience with real relationships?"

And with how many people here argue about some controversial topics about relationships I think the answer to this might be 'No!' in most cases. In addition to some horrendous lack of general life-experience, common sense and... well... brain-power...

Usually people don't even use key-terms in their arguments correctly - what leads to people calling Nagatoro's behavior 'bullying' (Simple fact; it's not. Call it what ever you want - but the rather strict definition of bullying simply doesn't apply in the case of that anime) or like here - even in the comment above - people talking about pedophilia when refering to a setting like in this anime (Another fact; it doesn't apply in the slightest and that's nothing to do with culture or subjective interpretation, it just doesn't fit the definition of the word. So if you 'think' this scenario qualifies as such, you're simply wrong and most likely just not adequately educated to understand the meaning of words...)

It doesn't make it better that many of those people are arguing from a typical US & legal perspective. So the age gap portrait in this show is not only nothing related to pedophilia, it's also nothing that has something to do with 'asian/japanese culture' - in fact most countries all over the world would rate this as at least 'non-critical' at least in the legal sense. As for cultural standards it might differ - it's something frowned upon in most european settings at least - but far from rare or even highly stigmatized. 17y/o girls dating guys in their early to mid twenties is actually rather common in most places worldwide - and it has been common for generations - so it's neither something to do with generational differences.

US-standards are different though - because they are often implemented poorly - at least in some states. While the rest of the world tries to deal with the problem of age-brackets in practical application in an equally practical and realistic way, some US legislation has a highly unreasonable and unrealistic stance on it - with relationships between two people being outlawed one day while being completely okay the next. That is a misapplication of strict legal distinctions most places on earth found ways to deal with in praxis. Unfortunately in our globalized internet culture that legal praxis that got somehow adopted into social norms from a few US states is dominating the discourse for some reason. In reality that's irrelevant though - nearly all countries on earth found ways to deal with this 'conceptual' problem in a reasonable way - it's just a few (mostly) US states struggling to think like humans and find solutions.

There is one thing that might be relevant as well though. There IS actually some interesting cultural shift in this regard even in europe and some asian countries. The reasons behind might be multifaceted and complicated though - at least more complicated as we could adress this HERE. There is some interesting development when it comes to how people perceive relationships in the younger generations these days. It's hard to describe in a few sentences but based on some studies and my own thoughts about it, it seems as if modern youth is way more 'homogenic' than any generation before them. There are shifts in some cultures forcing people into higher education more often - there are recent occurences homogenizing things even further with lockdowns, homelearning, etc. - urbanization in general is a factor applying here. To make it short; the results of cultural changes in this regards are that young people are more likely to be only around others of their age more often than it was common in the past. This could surely result in changes where partnerships & romantic relationships will have closer age-gaps as well - and with the standards changing, so will change the social reception of it.

If that is a positive or negative development is impossible to judge - most likely it will just be change for the sake of change with all sorts of up- AND downsides leveling out themselves. It will be some sort of disconnect across generations though. It's not good if standards differ too much between generations - because it makes it hard for people to accept the standards of others.

I personally find it sad that it's nearly impossible to argue REASONABLY with people about that topic any more. While most people don't see a scenario like in this anime as black & white, there is always that ONE unhinged person in the room unable to realize the nuances - calling everyone who only slightly accepts such ideas as pedo and then that's about it - there is no ground for discussion after that point. But the fact of reality simply is, that things like what is shown in this anime ARE more or less common in reality - they always were - and in reality most people try to deal reasonably with them. They keep an eye on it, since there are of course some points of concern with an age-gap like this - and if it turns out that things go smoothly and the involved parties are all adult (in behavior, not just in their biological age by year) enough for things to work out, most people are fine and accepting of it.

And for those who call each and every piece of media & literature 'problematic' as long as it portraits something that makes them feel uneasy: Fine! That was most likely the point and message of it! And if you don't think you can deal with it yourself - if you can't see the shades of grey - if you think reality is just a dichotomic set of clear-cut rules - don't watch it and let it for us adults. There is enough highly simplified entertainment for kids - leave the rest for the adults if you're not there yet!
Aug 17, 2022 7:57 PM

Nov 2021
Well just IGNORE that stuff dude... I LOVE it... it's VERY CUTE AND WHOLESOME.... and age doesn't matter you know..as long as they both are happy it's all good 😊😘💕
Aug 17, 2022 8:02 PM
Jan 2021
Shizuma1234 said:
Well just IGNORE that stuff dude... I LOVE it... it's VERY CUTE AND WHOLESOME.... and age doesn't matter you know..as long as they both are happy it's all good 😊😘💕
yeah I'm over it at this point this post is so old. I'm surprised people are still seeing it I didn't think it'll have this much attention to it 😅
Dec 11, 2022 8:16 PM

Jun 2007
S-kyouya said:
it's just that most westerners can't fathom that Asian culture is diff from theirs lmao

It's not even Westerners but simply Americans.
Just look up any age of consent discussion on reddit where unsuspecting Americans come to the realisation that Europe that is also western has vastly different rules and well cultural norms than the US.
Do the same for discussions on growing up in Europe vs the US.
You'll find shocked Americans who are flabbergasted by Europeans telling them that it was perfectly normal for their boyfriend/girlfriend to be in their room with a closed door (which is apparently a big deal in Prudistan), even had sleepovers in the same room and he same bed when both were still under 18.
Though I think they are really shocked when they realise that European parents prefer their children to have Sex at their home, in a safe environment with freely available contraception (often bought by the parents) and not in some car or at a party.
Genuinely confuses far too many Americans.
No wonder they have such high teenage pregnancy rates.

So this Anime. From the story I expected the worst and the first episode is a bit "oh man" but since then?
I am at episode 7 and the cast is great.
Unless I missed something he has not tried to force himself on her, cornered her or tried to do anything really.
In fact Rio (the sister) is probably the far more problematic of the two.

Idk, is something big coming up that warrants all the hate?
Dec 19, 2022 7:27 AM
Oct 2022
For me this is a good anime. Not depressing, wholesome and not complicated to watch (unlike some anime or manga with mind bugling, time travel, dejavu, doesn't make sense). Ryou courtship's to Ichika is somewhat aggressive but that is his style so no argue. There is no 17 years old and a 27 years old based on google their age is ok, love doesn't bound by age.. I can say it is wrong if it Ichika's age is like 10 years old, but a 17 years old is going to adulthood. so it is ok. and she requested that Ryou can wait until she can be a full adult, so no problem there. What I do not like is that it is too short.
Jan 11, 2023 7:06 AM

Jan 2012
As a Gintoki and Kagura shipper, one thing I know is that westerns HATE age gaps and specially with teenagers (appereantly they call them children). Also, there are huge group who is affected by the westerns culture. However, and bad for them, anime has many age gap relationships and Japanese don't really care about the age gaps or about western culture openion.

I mean if they hate romance based on Japanese culture and they want the romance to be based on the westerns culture, they should just go watch their TV shows and cartoons and leave Japanese anime alone. 
KaGi-13Jan 11, 2023 7:12 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

146 by arceprog »»
Feb 23, 11:02 AM

» I love Rio! Who's with me?

mufarari - Feb 15

4 by TrayC-3PO »»
Feb 16, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2021

116 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Nov 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

274 by suyumanda »»
Oct 21, 2023 7:39 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

98 by b_a_d »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.