Forum Settings
Forums

The games you've played as a kid compared to what you think of it today.

New
do you like your childhood games as an adult?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 8, 2022 6:23 AM
Jan 2022
Replayed Feeding Frenzy 2 last year and still thought it was great
Dec 8, 2022 6:28 AM

Aug 2021
I was already slaying demons and monsters when I was 7 years old. I still have some footage where I was playing Doom 1 and 2 (1993 and 1994 version) at my first communion back in 1995 or something. I grew up with games like Doom, Quake and Unreal. The founders of the contemporary first person shooter games. I also played later games like Duke Nukem, Half-life 1 and other shooters from back in the day.

Suddenly they came with a remake in 2016, and later erternal. I took a few days off and start slaying demons! And I LOVED it much as a adult.

I still listen the Unreal Tournament 1999 OST's, it brings me back to my childhood. I even played Unreal Tournament 1999 a lot with my first girlfriend and my brother, many, many, many years ago.

Toonen1988Dec 8, 2022 6:45 AM
"Most people talk about killing time while time is killing them. You can outrun everything but you'll never outrun the hands of time. Use it wisely before you expire". - Toonen1988

"Cyberpunk show us the dark side, reveiling the dangerous side effects of the drug of futurism." - Indigo Gaming
Dec 8, 2022 8:01 AM

Aug 2018
The flippin' Heroes of might and Magic series... I grew up with it, it got new games as the time passed. I still love it. I even showed it to my friends at got some of them hooked on it as well (not to mention that a 1999 game has like a very simple and fun multiplayer option so we played together for hours).

I'm not as pleased with the recent entries in the series. But they're still fine. Truly gems imo. Mixing RPG elements into a turn based strategy and free map exploration with banger soundtrack in part 3,4 and 5.
Can only recommend for any strategy fan. It's also relatively easy to get into imo. It's really not too complicated.
Dec 31, 2022 10:02 PM
Dec 2017
epidemia78 said:
I enjoyed re-playing the ps1 Tomb Raider series recently. the second game is widely considered the best in the franchise but everyone is wrong. What kind of tomb raiding takes place on an oil platform? Even though it's only the second game in the franchise you can tell the team was trying very hard to avoid stereotypical settings. The first one is best because in that one you explore appropriate ancient ruins in places like Peru, greece and Egypt. Even though the outdated control scheme takes some getting used to I appreciate the precision it offers as opposed to modern Tomb Raiders where the game plays itself.

Korn's i did my time for the tomb raider movie was the best thing about the movie and thats as far as my expierence goes with the series other than one of my favorite youtubers melonie mac liking the series.

Dec 31, 2022 10:04 PM
Dec 2017
27CansOfTuna said:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2, I didnt play it when it first came out but it is one that when I did play it, was one that stuck with me and just never gets old. Even now I still replay it and reget it on modern systems whenever its available. The soundtrack is just fabulous and the sense of speed is awesome. I miss when games were this simple.
Your pfp i must say is one of the sexiest i've seen all day.

Dec 31, 2022 10:06 PM
Dec 2017
TheAngryNerd said:
I grew up with Wii games like Mario Kart Wii, SSB Brawl, NSMB Wii and Super Mario Galaxy among many others, all games I've been unable to play for the past 5 years because my Wii stopped working. I'm sure I would still enjoy them just as much as I did back then if I still had my Wii, though. I'm sure of it. Some of my fondest memories from my childhood were made because of my Wii, all the laughter and rage quits, it's now only a memory. The same goes for my older sister's 3DS. There were many games I loved to play on it, like Mario Party: Island Tour and Mario Kart 7. Her 3DS stopped working long ago.

I also grew up with flash games from Newgrounds, ArmorGames, Kongregate etc. a vast majority of which I was able to revisit one last time in late 2020 before Flash inevitably died. I enjoyed pretty much all of them, they were just so good. I would play games like Meat Boy, Vex, Binding of Isaac, Raze, Spewer, Stick RPG, Syabon Action, Electricman 2, Earn to Die, Learn to Fly, Happy Wheels, and an endless plethora of other games that made my childhood as enjoyable as it was able to get. I especially remember beating entire games like Sticky Ninja Academy at school during class lmao. There are things like Ruffle that can allow you to play flash games and many have been converted to HTML5 (like CoolMathGames and Happy Wheels), but many don't feel the same and there are still a ton that haven't been preserved yet or will never be saved. Pixel Quest as far as I know, is still being converted. And Ninja Cat: The Quest For Magical Energy Crystals, likely won't ever work again (at least to my current knowledge on how the game was run).

The only games I feel like I won't enjoy as much will be the Just Dance titles, as I didn't really like them all that much as a kid but could still be fun nonetheless, especially when things got competitive between my siblings and I. Michael Jackson: The Experience, fucking sucked, though. Good thing we only played it once when our friends came over to our house with it. Also I really wish my parents had bought DDR instead since that was way more fun and I loved it the few times we went over to one of our friends' house. It's what led me to play FFR (Flash version of DDR but can no longer be played on browsers and can only be played if you download the R^3 build) and more recently osu!mania and other VSRG.
OOF tis a shame it stopped working and yeah same here i grew up on flash games too mainly addicting games and armor games too.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Switch 2 launching with Breath of the Wild Remake!?

rohan121 - 7 hours ago

4 by Neterosan »»
17 minutes ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

8 by Mine_Hawk »»
7 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

151 by Kajiuran »»
7 hours ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

21 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

36 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.