Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

How good would you consider the ending and characters? Would you guys consider this wasted potential?

New
Apr 25, 2021 10:08 AM
Jul 2019
This is just a general question on the overall shows quality and if you guys agree with a lot of the criticisms this has. Do you guys think that hambo and abelia were poorly written? Do you guys think that some character conclusions were odd? Do you guys agree with its preachiness? Do you guys like the conclusion, where they kinda rushed to a resolution? Do you guys believe that the characters were too unlikeable in some way? Do you guys think some plot points were a bit predictable? Do you guys think the suffering was too gratitious? Me personally, I agree with the ending and the issues regarding hamdo.
_Arc4n1_Apr 25, 2021 10:12 AM

Apr 25, 2021 1:14 PM
Nov 2018
ArcaneEdge said:
This is just a general question on the overall shows quality and if you guys agree with a lot of the criticisms this has. Do you guys think that hambo and abelia were poorly written? Do you guys think that some character conclusions were odd? Do you guys agree with its preachiness? Do you guys like the conclusion, where they kinda rushed to a resolution? Do you guys believe that the characters were too unlikeable in some way? Do you guys think some plot points were a bit predictable? Do you guys think the suffering was too gratitious? Me personally, I agree with the ending and the issues regarding hamdo.

Well for me they could have done more with the ending but still it left me satisfied enough with how it was put.For characters like hambo and a Abelia they were well written, they showed a typical abusive relationship were hambo who clearly had anger issues and violent outbursts would harm everyone and everything around him while playing on the feelings of abelia who could clearly see that hambo was using her but choose to turn a blind eye and ignore it .Some things preached I could support but there were some scenes that the preaching was too much or unnecessary, it felt more like forcing his views upon others .
Apr 25, 2021 1:50 PM
Jul 2019
shinzohm said:
ArcaneEdge said:

Well for me they could have done more with the ending but still it left me satisfied enough with how it was put.For characters like hambo and a Abelia they were well written, they showed a typical abusive relationship were hambo who clearly had anger issues and violent outbursts would harm everyone and everything around him while playing on the feelings of abelia who could clearly see that hambo was using her but choose to turn a blind eye and ignore it .Some things preached I could support but there were some scenes that the preaching was too much or unnecessary, it felt more like forcing his views upon others .

the preaching i can easily get behind as a major criticism

Apr 25, 2021 9:55 PM

Mar 2018
I love how the king remained completely comically evil & 1-dimensional to the end, and how Abelia's devotion and total loyalty up to the last episode remained unexplained (as well as why she didn't turn on him earlier when she had the chance multiple times). Sara's character conclusion was also beyond weird & very hard for me to get behind as something positive. To top it off, I really didn't like its preachiness, especially how it propped up the MC's views continuously & everything regarding Sara's baby.
Apr 26, 2021 3:39 AM
Jul 2019
Jaereku said:
I love how the king remained completely comically evil & 1-dimensional to the end, and how Abelia's devotion and total loyalty up to the last episode remained unexplained (as well as why she didn't turn on him earlier when she had the chance multiple times). Sara's character conclusion was also beyond weird & very hard for me to get behind as something positive. To top it off, I really didn't like its preachiness, especially how it propped up the MC's views continuously & everything regarding Sara's baby.

Ya, very very understandable.

Apr 27, 2021 4:10 AM
Jul 2019
Ye so, this def has issues and I myself don't have a good argument against the criticisms i agree with and so im lowering from 8.5 to 8

Jul 11, 2021 12:37 PM

Mar 2020
not a wasted potential, the last ep feels rushed but its a good conclusion

Jaereku said:

sara business was disgusting, but ive seen more preachy stuff from pro life authors and this alone can't make me dislike this particular work

as for hamdo, he keeps altering between competent and insane, which is probably strong clue that he didnt always use to be like that. I figured around ep 2 or 3 that streak of defeats and failure to unify the world caused him a lot of stress, and possibly some other factors like too much heavy metals and shit in the diet, which made him go insane. Abelia is implied to be romantically interested in him, or at least in who he used to be.
Jul 20, 2021 8:06 AM
Apr 2018
Hambo and Abelia were poor written ; I guess it's because the show isn't much focused on their character. What can you expect in a 13 episodes long show! (Of course there are exceptions.)
Jul 27, 2021 4:04 PM

Oct 2019
yea, I just got done watching the show a few days ago and this show really is not that great. At the time it was made, it could have been phenomenal, but after seeing it the first time after watching so many anime, it was not great whatsoever. I think there could have or should have been more detail to Hambo and Abelia but we never really get to see that.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 15, 2023 5:00 PM

Feb 2016
I feel the writing is childish. This is a problem, as the anime is too violent for actual children.
その目だれの目?
Nov 28, 2023 4:01 PM
Jan 2021
Jaereku said:

I agree with this so much!! I hate the trope of oh, you got r*ped but you should keep the baby, think of the baby! It did such a disservice to her character, and she could have just take care of Sis’ children alone and it wouldnt have been an issue.

More topics from this board

» Curious about the title….

Eykosca - Nov 28, 2023

1 by ErogakiPatches »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:38 AM

» What a great main character!

Dd5 - Sep 3, 2022

10 by Dd5 »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Now and Then, Here and There Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 2, 2008

185 by mal_user_2022 »»
Oct 1, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Now and Then, Here and There Episode 1 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 31, 2008

49 by dspr »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:01 PM

» Why is everyone against Sara’s decision in the final episode?

ShogunofSorrow12 - Mar 13, 2022

5 by Stripes »»
Jun 21, 2023 5:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.