Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2021 11:06 PM
Jul 2018

I left a similar comment on the Episode 1 forum, but...

Where is this place?
What is this place?

It reminds me of NaissanceE if anyone's ever heard of that game. I can only wonder what the purpose of this building is...

Jun 1, 2021 8:28 AM
May 2020
Hello, I've started to watch this recap but I wonder, when did this happen? It looks like this is the first time Light meets L but I thought in the anime L meets Light in the mock exam congratulation thing, and this started to really confuse me, so I have the same question here. Anyone who knows about this scene, manga readers or anyone knowledgeable, please enlighten us about this corridor/movie scene.
Jun 9, 2021 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, the recap movie seemed to have a couple small newer scenes in the midst of a bunch of scenes that were cut out. I think the exam/congratulation scenes were omitted from the movie, if I remember correctly -- so, in this recap, it virtually never happened and they wanted to provide an alternate abridged version of their meeting. So yeah, the scene is exclusive to the recap; and as far as the recap goes, the exam/congratulations scene are 'irrelevant in the long wrong, I guess. I guess it doesn't matter HOW Light and L meet... as long as their meeting makes sense and can get the rest of the plot rolling.

But yes, I am still eager to learn more about the context of this corridor. What is the overall building and its purpose? Office spaces? A hall, of sorts? An FBI headquarters? Or maybe just an entire empty building L purchased or constructed for himself???

If anyone's ever seen the anime Eden of the East, where a dude purchased an entire mall just to live in -- that could be what L did. OR is L just extravagant, and use his wealth to build the space?

The nonsensical architecture is fascinating though. It's so eerie and lacking of any defined purpose. It's like one giant liminal space. And yet they never elaborate on WHAT the massive building's purpose is. Doors, hallways, multiple floors, different secret passageways... vacant of life and going every which way... crazy.

Glad to get a reply of another person who has taken interest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Special Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ashura - Jan 6, 2008

83 by suk4iro »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:58 AM

» Light Yagami's fate

Arka_otaku - Jan 24, 2014

2 by Epiccgaymer »»
May 9, 2023 7:08 AM

» Should I watch this?

strp0t - Feb 17, 2014

8 by fenris_demiurgos »»
Mar 2, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Death Note Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 15, 2010

26 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 24, 2022 2:27 PM

» How can I watch Death Note: Relight in English Dub?

SageModeTice - Mar 22, 2018

1 by Tyler_Spencer69 »»
Dec 13, 2020 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.