Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 10, 2021 7:48 AM
Aug 2020
I've just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion (all 26 episodes, I know some people say to watch last two episodes after EoE, but I didn't know about this at that time, whatever) So I have basically two questions:
1. I heard that few of the last episodes have Director's Cut version, I've watched the series on Netflix, so question is if Netflix has Director's Cut and I saw that already or I have to find it somewhere else?
2. Netflix (at least in my country) has only three Evangelion productions: Neon Genesis Evangelion, The End of Evangelion and Evangelion Death (True)^2, so the second question is what is Evangelion Death (True)^2? I couldn't find this movie on MAL, I've read that this is some another version of Evangelion Death and Rebirth, but Death and Rebirth is much longer than Death (True)^2, and there are not even in MAL synonyms, so how does it work? And Should I watch it? I've read that after NGE I should watch EoE and thats all I know. I would appreciate some help from people that know better than me.

TL;DR
1. Does Netflix have Director's cut NGE?
2. What is Evangelion Death (True)^2 and should I watch it? Does anyone know why is it not on MAL?

Thanks!

Edit: Thanks to you all I know quite a lot about Death and Rebirth movie and I appreciate it a lot! But maybe someone knows more about Death (True)^2? Now I know it's a recap, but does it have some new, maybe important, scenes and is it somehow related with Death and Rebirth? And why is it not on MAL?

Edit 2: I officially reckon that topic is closed! Greetings and my appreciation for all who decided to help me and answer my questions! I actually don"t know how to close a thread so I write this information here. Once again thank you very much kind people!
FraneekApr 10, 2021 9:49 AM
Apr 10, 2021 8:41 AM
Oct 2020
I don’t think Netflix has the directors cut and Evangelion Death (True)^2 is basically just a recap of the series so it’s not necessary to watch.
Apr 10, 2021 8:52 AM
Jan 2021
Death&rebirth for recap and end of evangelion for the ending.
Apr 10, 2021 8:52 AM
Jan 2021
The end of Evangelion without any question. After that you can watch the rebuilds. They are great and with the second movie it gets a new plot
Apr 10, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2020
Death and rebirth was the theatrical release of the recap movie plus the first half of end of eva.
Honestly it's not really needed of you just watched the series and you are about to watch end of Eva.

Death and rebirth is actually harder to find in its original form and honestly the only reason i like it is because of the end of EVA cliffhanger it had with a really nice vocal ED playing over the cliffhanger scene.
The vocal ED was removed from the full version of End of Eva because it was no longer a cliffhanger.
Apr 10, 2021 9:07 AM
Feb 2020
"End of Evangelion", the "Death and Rebirth" movie is just a glorified recap movie with like 1 new added scene of Shinji Asuke and Rei playin instruments.
Apr 10, 2021 9:29 AM
Aug 2020
Elder_Zeekutar said:
Death and rebirth was the theatrical release of the recap movie plus the first half of end of eva.
Honestly it's not really needed of you just watched the series and you are about to watch end of Eva.

Death and rebirth is actually harder to find in its original form and honestly the only reason i like it is because of the end of EVA cliffhanger it had with a really nice vocal ED playing over the cliffhanger scene.
The vocal ED was removed from the full version of End of Eva because it was no longer a cliffhanger.

Maybe it will be a little bit stupid question, but I want to be 100% sure you know :D
You said that Death and Rebirth has a part of End of Eva, but End of Eva is a whole, complete movie, it has that part from Death and Rebirth too right, I won't lose anything from it if I don't watch Death and Rebirth?
Apr 10, 2021 9:31 AM
Apr 2021
Yes you can go straight to End of Eva
Apr 10, 2021 9:37 AM
Oct 2020
Franeek said:
Elder_Zeekutar said:

Maybe it will be a little bit stupid question, but I want to be 100% sure you know :D
You said that Death and Rebirth has a part of End of Eva, but End of Eva is a whole, complete movie, it has that part from Death and Rebirth too right, I won't lose anything from it if I don't watch Death and Rebirth?

Correct.
watch the Series Then End of EVA (then the rebuild movies if you want an alternate version of the story)
Death TRUE If I recall correctly was what became of death and rebirth afterwards, turning it into purely recap.

I was just clarifying the difference between "DaR" and "DT2"

The Name gives it away: Death and Rebirth
Death is the recap
Rebirth is the begining of the "end of eva"

As I said in the earlier post, the only real difference is that the end of "DaR" is halfway through End of Eva with a cliffhanger and a really nice Vocal piece of music over the scene.
I really don't want to describe it more because it is one of the more famous and spoilery scenes. As a cliffhanger when it first came out, I was like: OH CRAP!!
Apr 10, 2021 9:40 AM
Aug 2020
Elder_Zeekutar said:
Franeek said:

Correct.
watch the Series Then End of EVA (then the rebuild movies if you want an alternate version of the story)
Death TRUE If I recall correctly was what became of death and rebirth afterwards, turning it into purely recap.

Death is the recap

As I said in the earlier post, the only real difference is that the end of "DaR" is halfway through End of Eva with a cliffhanger and a really nice Vocal piece of music over the scene.
I really don't want to describe it more because it is one of the more famous and spoilery scenes. As a cliffhanger when it first came out, I was like: OH CRAP!!

Well, everything makes sense now! Thank you very much for your time and quick help!
FraneekApr 10, 2021 9:50 AM
Apr 10, 2021 9:55 AM
Oct 2020
Franeek said:
Elder_Zeekutar said:

Correct.

Death is the recap

Well, everything makes sense now! Thank you very much for your time and quick help!

Also, A lot of the directors cut scenes are small and nuanced. If you get the chance to see them, they definitely add to the lore and overall story, but are not what I would call mandatory.
For example, Lilith's legs are severed throughout the story, but later you see them restored. When the lance is removed from her chest in the series, the added scene shows her legs being reformed. you see them later already reformed anyway so...
A lot of the directors cut scenes are also just extensions of scenes that were cut down for time or possibly for tv censorship. For example, the fight with the dna shaped energy angel that infects unit 00.
Apr 10, 2021 10:13 AM
Aug 2020
Elder_Zeekutar said:
Franeek said:

Also, A lot of the directors cut scenes are small and nuanced. If you get the chance to see them, they definitely add to the lore and overall story, but are not what I would call mandatory.
For example, Lilith's legs are severed throughout the story, but later you see them restored. When the lance is removed from her chest in the series, the added scene shows her legs being reformed. you see them later already reformed anyway so...
A lot of the directors cut scenes are also just extensions of scenes that were cut down for time or possibly for tv censorship. For example, the fight with the dna shaped energy angel that infects unit 00.

I'm pretty sure that I watched that scene when Lilith's legs where restored after taking of the lance and for sure there was fight with DNA shaped angel, don't know how long it should be in directors cut but certainly it was there, so maybe Netflix has Director's Cut! It's good to know, because I had no idea what to expect from DC and didn't know how to check if I actually saw it!
FraneekApr 10, 2021 2:21 PM
Apr 10, 2021 10:47 AM
Oct 2020
End of Eva is after Eva and death (true)^2 is just a recap.
Apr 10, 2021 11:47 AM
Oct 2020
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. It doesn't have an ending either.
Apr 10, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2020
Watch the end of evangelion and go from there

Apr 10, 2021 2:25 PM
Mar 2021
Watch End of Evangelion šŸ˜ƒ
Apr 13, 2021 4:41 AM
Feb 2021
Evangelion Death and Rebirth is a summary of the show, then there’s End of Evangelion, and after that watch the 3 rebuild films (4th is still awaiting arrival in the US)
Apr 14, 2021 4:53 PM

Aug 2020
None of them, it’s crap. Sorry I just had to say it.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more DekugošŸ˜­

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

812 by lkm630y »»
May 10, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

188 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
May 8, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

152 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 8, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

214 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 8, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

175 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 7, 3:24 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.