Forum Settings
Forums

What anime would you recommend to someone who's "fallen out" of anime?

New
Mar 15, 2021 5:24 AM
Feb 2015
Hmm, maybe "fallen out" isn't the right words for this. It's not like I don't like anime anymore, quite the opposite, but even with all the time in the world and multiple ways of watching anime, I can't seem to get myself to watch much.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 17, 2021 10:11 AM

Jul 2020
I know where you're coming from and can't deny I've felt the same myself a number of times before. One particular Anime that comes to mind when I couldn't quite decide on what to watch but I took a chance with was Oregairu - https://myanimelist.net/anime/14813/Yahari_Ore_no_Seishun_Love_Comedy_wa_Machigatteiru?q=my%20teen&cat=anime

It wasn't something I thought I'd get into but I kind of related to the lead character and ended up watching the entire season soon after finishing the first couple of episodes.
Mar 17, 2021 12:34 PM
Jul 2016
An anime that got me back into anime after 2 years not watching anything is Horimiya and sk8. Maybe these are some animes you'd enjoy as well and get you to watch anime again.
Mar 17, 2021 12:54 PM
Mar 2021
I was in your same spot a month or so ago, i came back when a friend of mine shared with me their interest on the last season of Attack on Titan so i watched that and i really enjoyed it. Since the fourth season is still running, people like to talk about it everytime a new episode/chapter come out so it's a good pick if you want to begin to join a community and talk about anime and get further recommendation.

Other then AoT, generally loved by a huge variety of people, i think it depends on your taste, my recommendation are:
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - if you want something funny with a over-the-top action
- Devilman: Crybaby - same reason as for AoT: everyone seems to love it
- Ouran Koukou Host Club - if you want something funny and meta
- Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! - althought i have not yet finished it, i have to recommend it because...it is just...wholesome?
Apr 13, 2021 5:07 PM
May 2020
I would say a good anime that got me back into anime sort of is 5 centimeters per second. Primarily because its a short movie.... but if you want a short show that's cute and you can turn off your brain with i'd suggest Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Hope this helps!
Apr 13, 2021 5:38 PM
Aug 2020
well i have never really seen someone fall out before but I guess more if they need to be reintroduced into anime I would prob do something easy on the eyes like violet ever garden
Apr 19, 2021 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
maybe either Mob psycho or Toradora
Apr 26, 2021 12:39 AM
Oct 2020
All I can think of is re:zero,Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo and Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru since these three animes helped me get back into anime.After watching them I immediately wanted to watch more so if you have the time consider watching one out of those three ^^
Apr 27, 2021 7:47 AM

Mar 2019
I think Appare-Ranman! captured the energetic spirit that drew me into anime in the first place. Highly recommended. I think it would've been huge if the plague hadn't messed with it's schedule.
Apr 27, 2021 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
Godzilla: singular point
Apr 27, 2021 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
@scremin_doggos Very good question I have been through the same thing myself recently. I would say a couple easy to watch shows maybe isekais if you like those.

'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime'
'Overlord'
'Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari'
'Hai to Gensou no Grimgar'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2021 8:22 AM

Apr 2020
I know this is an old thread but, it hits so close to home with what I dealt with; Losing interest in Anime for years due to real-life things, having so much time but not getting the mood to watch anime, Getting so interested after 2-3 episodes then losing it the very next day. So I'm just gonna chime in and share my thoughts and hopefully aid others that are going through the same situation <3

Depends on your current mindset/mood regarding animes, it might not be a matter of watching a good or bad anime. It might be a matter of the kinds/genre of Anime you can consume. i.e.:

- Are you in the mood to watch a story with a long payoff where you'll have to wait for storylines and character development progression i.e.: Boku no Hero, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Dr. Stone (AKA Shounen Animes).
- Does your mood require you to be captivated as soon as you press the "Play" button? Might be a good idea to watch sketch/bits-based comedy Animes such as Lucky Star, Danshi Koukousei, Aho Girl, Asobi Asobase, House Husband, etc...
- Or maybe it's your taste with stories changing and is now leaning more on realistic/meaningful ones like Kimi no Nawa, Weathering with You, Violet Evergarden, etc...

Most of this is based on methods I tried. Easily consumable Comedy Animes was the first to work. I then got interested in Fire Force and Dr. Stone but immediately lost my mood again. Then came AoT S4 and YnN S2 which I've been waiting for and got me to watch again. After that, I lost it again, but another comedy in the form of Nagatoro got me back, which led me to rewatch BNHA S5 and, just today, finished Violet Evergarden (Made me realize that I'm into this kind of story now. It made me cry in episode 10 :P). And now, I'm back in the mood to watch another Anime(s).

I don't know if this "unintentionally" long post made sense but, really do hope it helps even in a very little way. PLUS ULTRA!!! XD
Jozuwa-_-Jul 27, 2021 8:30 AM
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Seasonal/currently releasing anime

Limiosa - Jan 13, 2022

42 by Jozuwa-_- »»
Jun 26, 2023 9:23 AM

» Dangers in My Heart / Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu

Jozuwa-_- - Jun 17, 2023

0 by Jozuwa-_- »»
Jun 17, 2023 10:19 PM

» Hype Openings

H0MESLICE - Sep 11, 2020

15 by Ohayotaku »»
Apr 16, 2023 5:47 PM

» Winter 2023 Anime Music

Jozuwa-_- - Mar 13, 2023

9 by Limiosa »»
Mar 25, 2023 4:21 AM

» [Whats your faviourate sport? If you dont have one why not?]

Maku-Otaku - Feb 24, 2020

8 by Limiosa »»
Mar 16, 2023 1:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.