Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2021 8:55 PM
Dec 2017
Just finished episode 7, and I'm not sure if I should continue. I'm think it is pretty bad so far. So many people are so passionate about this anime it kinda makes me wanna keep going to see if it picks up.

I think some outside opinions would be some help!
Mar 4, 2021 9:00 PM
May 2020
Part 1 is widely regarded as the worst part. JoJo has a very unique appeal. It's not trying to be a masterpiece writing wise and character wise. However, the character designs, the aesthetic, the soundtracks, the creative power sysytem, the goofy interactions and memes and the villains make JoJo a very fun watch. If you're expecting a deep and complex show, then I don't think JoJo's is one. However, the main cast are usually very likeable and you get attached to them. Ultimately, it might not be your type of show and that's fine.
Read One Piece. Watch Gintama
Mar 4, 2021 9:06 PM
Dec 2017
Thanks for your input!
Mar 4, 2021 9:45 PM
Oct 2019
Don't quit in part 1 because it's boring and not that good but after that you will start fucking fall in love with jojo
Mar 4, 2021 9:48 PM

Jul 2020
well in honestly speaking the part 1 is not a convincing part. Just continue watching till you get to part 2

Mar 4, 2021 9:55 PM
Sep 2019
The show is best watched a few episodes at a time. I felt I enjoyed it alot more that way. That being said, part 1 is the most un-fun part.
Mar 4, 2021 10:04 PM
Nov 2019
Jojo is a really tough one for me. As a person who likes thought provoking and complex shows, jojo feels very average to me and would go so far as to say it's slightly bad. There are some parts that are better than others and some comedy is good, but overall its definitely not something I would really watch again. It feels very outdated and reminds me of old cartoons. I can't really pinpoint why people like it so much besides the meme. Of course this is all only my personal opinion, and no hate to jojo fans, it's cool for everyone to like their own thing :)
Mar 4, 2021 10:08 PM
Jul 2020
I’d say because of the unique art style they have, and how it has lgbt scenes in it as well. that’s only some obviously there’s much more lol
Mar 4, 2021 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
Most people are in for the memes and r/shitpostcrusaders type of shit. You rarely see fans who actually care about jojo as a show rather as a meme mine or as circlejerk material. I personally I found Part 1 and 2 to be a great introduction, short and sweet. JoJo is filled with flaws but they are often balanced out by how fun and wacky it is, even unitentionally. I also believe that its resemblance to western TV and movies helps JoJo alot in its popularity.
Mar 4, 2021 10:14 PM

Mar 2018
Just a question if jojo part 1 is so bad can I just skip it
Mar 4, 2021 10:16 PM

Feb 2021
Honestly wasn’t a fan of the first three parts (part 2 was the best of the 3 though imo). I only really started liking it part 4 which I like so much I added to my favorites. Part 5 is also good in my imo and I’m looking forward to 6 and 7

I think a large portion of fans (especially p3 fans) unfortunately only really like the show for the “memes” but I do genuinely enjoy it and so do a lot of other people. I think you should watch it for what it is and not expect anything deep or thought provoking. It’s meant to be fun and that’s what it is.
Mar 4, 2021 10:42 PM

Jan 2021
It does comedy well. It's chaotic in a very fun way. The dramatic art style captures the bkizzarity of the show.
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Mar 4, 2021 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
The unique art style, the bizarreness, the intriguing story, the memes, the active fandom and the wide variety of characters are just a couple of reasons people like it so much. Of course this is all subjective and you may not agree on the reasons I pointed out.
I'd recommend you at least start watching part 2 before deciding whether you want to continue watching it or not. Part 1 just serves as an intro to the series, something like a prologue to parts 2 and 3, and it gets way more interesting after it IMO.
Mar 4, 2021 11:16 PM
Mar 2020
I like JoJo for the ridiculousness and fabulousness. The series has a very specific demographic, and it's not for everybody. I like the characters, all the pop culture references, the art style, and the freshness of a cast change every part. If you take the series too seriously you will hate it; in my opinion the whole point is fun. The manga's influence is widespread so there's a cultural aspect at this point too. It's cool to see "jojo references" pop up in unexpected places sometimes. At the end of the day if you feel like you're forcing yourself to watch it "for the memes" and not actually enjoying it then watch something else - for your own sake. The anime gets more polished as it goes on but it's always uniquely JoJo.
Mar 4, 2021 11:54 PM
Aug 2020
So, Jojo is hard to get into. Part 1 is easily the worst part, but it doesn’t represent the series as a whole. If you want to drop it, that’s fine, if you want, you can skip to part 3 where stuff gets interesting, but if you do that, I recommend looking up needed context.

If you do skip to part 3, all you need to know is Jonathon had a grandson named Joseph, Joseph also uses Hamon, and Jospeh had a grandson named Jotaro, whose the main protagonist of part 3
Mar 5, 2021 12:08 AM
Feb 2020
TheGhostKing said:
Just finished episode 7, and I'm not sure if I should continue. I'm think it is pretty bad so far. So many people are so passionate about this anime it kinda makes me wanna keep going to see if it picks up.

part 1 is ment to be a set-up for the upcoming parts, without it all of the future parts, especially parts 3,5&6 (and 7 too i guess)
Mar 5, 2021 12:15 AM
Jan 2021
Ich mag den Anime einfach
Mar 5, 2021 1:17 AM
Feb 2021
Kaliyahscake said:

I highly recommend not skipping parts EVER. Not only will you be resented by the fandom, but you will miss out on some great details, characters (*cough Speedwagon *cough) and you might get a little confused with future parts
Mar 5, 2021 1:48 AM

Aug 2009
TheGhostKing said:

Dont be a part skipper. Not because jojo fan boys will make fun of you. But because you take in all of the story good and bad. (never bad imo) remember part one was made in the 80s bro.
Mar 5, 2021 3:23 AM
May 2020
Jojo's is mindless fun honestly.
It really really is a rule of cool type of show in every way. The characters are really silly and it feels like the creator constantly (aside from part 1) just said "what weird things can i have jojo gang do this time"

Honestly there's a good reason so many people are saying they didn't like part one.
I had to power through it on the mystery of the mask because i came in almost completely blind.

I think the youtuber mothersbasement came up with an alternate order you could watch all the parts in so you jump right in with the fun stuff but still wont be lost later.
Mar 5, 2021 8:12 AM
Dec 2020
I have watched Jojo's until episode 9 in 2018 and I didn't continue since that day.

I want to do it, but I always find other animes that interested me more and I forgot to watch jojo's xD
Mar 5, 2021 8:20 AM
Jan 2020
TheGhostKing said:

Mostly because of other seasons. I personally love 1st season too and I think jojo isn't that popular are people think, the fandom is very active and so it looks like everyone likes jojo
Mar 5, 2021 9:48 AM
Jan 2021
If you're not hooked after the first few episodes in part 2 stop watching it. But now don't drop it in part 1. You'll regret it, probably.
Mar 5, 2021 10:33 AM
Jan 2021
Part 1 is worse than others but it's still good and entertaining, maybe you got it overhyped🤔
Mar 5, 2021 5:19 PM
Aug 2019
i thought part 1 was kinda just average, but LOVED 2. then part 3 happened, which is probably the slowest part in the series. i wasn’t huge on it while watching, but looking looking back made me realize how much fun i actually was having with it. then imo everything from part 4 onward is just amazing.

in conclusion, parts 1 and 3 are kinda slow but still good. the rest are all reeeeally good :)
Mar 5, 2021 6:59 PM
Feb 2021
Part 1 certainly seems to be the part where everyone either skips or stops watching.I thoroughly enjoyed it,but not gonna force others to.Back to the question,JoJo has a unique sense of artwork that not many aniems portray.Araki managed to implement different eras of fashion and history into the story.The fandom too is one of the most fun communities out there.Each arc has it's own signature moments that have become placeholders in the anime community.I could go on and on
Mar 6, 2021 6:26 AM
Jan 2021
Kaliyahscake said:
you can skip it but you wouldn't understand some stuff in part 2.
Mar 6, 2021 11:59 PM
Feb 2021
Yea Part 1 isn't all that great, I actually dropped it on ep 1 when I started getting into anime. But I did however watch it and it was...ok. But once it gets to part 2, ohh man you're in for a treat. And then it gets fucking awesome, in my opinion, in part 3, gets a little weird in the Egypt arc though but that's my only complaint. I have watched some of part 4, 20 episodes to be exact, and it's good. But I feel like why jojo is so good is because of the music and the designs, cause the design of characters gets different in every part. But there was this strange thing that happened during Jojo when I watched it, I would always get fucking hyped when Jotaro got pissed or when the stands came out, that's another thing I think why Jojo is so good.
Mar 7, 2021 12:05 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Just three more episodes OP, and you will enter the one of the best parts which is part 2 aka Joseph's.

To be frank, part 1 is the most boring part of JoJo, I was kinda struggling finishing it too but the payoff was totally great when I saw part 2 ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 7, 2021 7:22 PM
Feb 2021
Well, JOJO part 1 is preety Boring at fist try. But if gets really good after a while. Just wait until episode 8 and then it's a banger. Part 2 is easily the third best out of the 8 parts and then, part 3 gets a bit repetetive. But part 4 onwards. Everything is a frekin masterpiece.
Mar 7, 2021 7:24 PM

Jul 2020
Kaliyahscake said:

No. You shouldn't skip it even if you want to because you have to watch/read all the Jojo parts in chronological order in order to enjoy each part more, plus understand the story and characters for each part as well.

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Mar 7, 2021 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Kaliyahscake said:

s1 is an awful start tbh, i would suggest starting from s3, then if you dont like it then maybe jojo is not for you

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Today, 12:14 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

209 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 9:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Nov 9, 2012

179 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 23, 12:28 AM

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

31 by eli_shmeli »»
Apr 22, 12:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.