Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2021 6:19 PM

Nov 2008
SomethinRandumb said:
Kirito was the first name that popped up. As for what makes him bad? I think it'd be harder to find something that makes him a good protagonist.

Um there are a BUNCH of reasons:

1. Knows what he is doing?
2. Is not a loser?
3. Is faithful to his waifu?
4. Can actually look and act cool?
5. Is not a crybaby coward?
6. Treats people kindly but still goes after what he wants?
7. Can solve problems on his own?

Jan 15, 2021 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
SomethinRandumb said:
Kirito was the first name that popped up. As for what makes him bad? I think it'd be harder to find something that makes him a good protagonist.

2. Is not a loser?

That's really one dimensional, actually. So he's perfect? That's not really being a good protagonist. Eren is imperfect, at least he has things to work towards. He actually has a chance to develope.
Jan 15, 2021 6:33 PM

Jul 2017
lajz said:
Wonginus said:
Probably Thorfinn from Vinland Saga. So edgy and annoying.

thorfinn is even worse later on. But in a COMPLETLY different way than season 1. objectively he's one of the best mc but subjectively he's a mid mc

Somehow, I get what you mean. His character transformation is incredibly well done and fascinating to experience, but his ideology holds him back so fucking much in the world of Vinland Saga lol. He's one of the best, but it's hard to get behind some of his actions and decisions.

Jono47 said:
Eren Yeager. My god bro, stop yelling. Can't stand him man, lucky the story and supporting cast is good enough to cary such a trash MC. Kirito isn't great either, not a fan of him either. But Eren is the king of bad MC's for me.

I've seen many criticisms, but is yelling seriously what makes him the worst of them all? That's something lol

Jan 15, 2021 6:35 PM

Nov 2008
SomethinRandumb said:
Chiibi said:

2. Is not a loser?

That's really one dimensional, actually. So he's perfect?

Did I SAY "he was perfect"? Hell no, I did not. He is far from perfect. I was merely giving reasons that make him likable?

UNlikable traits are:

Stupidity, cheating on a loved one, treating people like shit, being a coward, being lame, and constantly needing help.

So I choose 'likable' traits over unlikable ones.
ChiibiJan 15, 2021 6:43 PM

Jan 15, 2021 6:36 PM
May 2020
Damn, these complaints about Eren are a little weird. I guess It's been a long time since I watched season 1/2. I thought that all of his yellings were reasonable
armchair3Jan 15, 2021 6:40 PM
Jan 15, 2021 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
SomethinRandumb said:

Did I SAY "he was perfect"? Hell no, I did not. He is far from perfect. I was merely giving reasons that make him likable?

Being perfect is really bland. You didn't say it but look at the reasons you gave for him being a good character. What are his character flaws? Lol.
Jan 15, 2021 6:51 PM

Nov 2020
Chiibi said:
SomethinRandumb said:

You literally gave reasons to why he could be perceived as perfect and thus a one dimensional character.

"A great protagonist has the ability to learn from his experiences and become a better (though not always) person. He won't be the same person he was when the story started. Something about the person is interesting."

Kirito literally does not change in the slightest nor really learn from his experiences and when he does it is usually at the detriment of another character, not Kirito himself. There is no actual depth to Kirito that makes him somewhat realistic, on the other hand, it makes him an empty signifier of which one can project themselves onto.
Jan 15, 2021 6:54 PM

Nov 2008
SomethinRandumb said:
What are his character flaws? Lol.

Did you like...not WATCH the show? Lol.

Kirito has a savior complex; he blames himself too much when bad things happen and that stunts his emotional growth. He is afraid to get close to ANYONE in the beginning until Asuna pretty much forces herself into his life.

He actually doesn't have a lot of self-worth. If you take away his support (Asuna and his friends), he's like a helpless child. Fairy Arc also shows how powerless his human self is when he is not in the VR world. That's why he spends so much time there; you can take from that he is someone who dislikes facing reality...which makes him pretty childish.

He has a hard time letting go of the past; he is still haunted by what happened to Sachi even though it was so long ago. He reacts the same way with Eugeo and actually tries to kill himself after reliving the memory of Eugeo's death.

He is reckless and that also gets him into trouble. Like I said, he doesn't CONSTANTLY need help but he SOMETIMES does...cause he's still a human teenager. Asuna had to save his life twice in Aincrad, Leafa had to help him rescue Asuna in Fairy Dance and Sinon had to save his life in GGO (because he thought he could handle her attacker on his own; turns out, he couldn't.)

And this is a minor thing but he's clumsy af...also doesn't seem to like using anything but a sword because he's stubborn that way.

Kirito literally does not change in the slightest nor really learn from his experiences

@slightycognizant
Lol that's a motherfuking lie if I ever heard one.

You literally gave reasons to why he could be perceived as perfect

Only if the person perceiving that is a bloody idiot. xD Since when does listing "good traits" mean "no bad ones"? Puh-leeze.
ChiibiJan 15, 2021 7:00 PM

Jan 15, 2021 7:25 PM
Super Saiyan

May 2017
Attackonfiller said:
lajz said:

thorfinn is even worse later on. But in a COMPLETLY different way than season 1. objectively he's one of the best mc but subjectively he's a mid mc

Somehow, I get what you mean. His character transformation is incredibly well done and fascinating to experience, but his ideology holds him back so fucking much in the world of Vinland Saga lol. He's one of the best, but it's hard to get behind some of his actions and decisions.

Jono47 said:
Eren Yeager. My god bro, stop yelling. Can't stand him man, lucky the story and supporting cast is good enough to cary such a trash MC. Kirito isn't great either, not a fan of him either. But Eren is the king of bad MC's for me.

I've seen many criticisms, but is yelling seriously what makes him the worst of them all? That's something lol

Not just the yelling bro, he's just generally annoying. I don't like his voice in either sub or dub. The constant blood lust to kill all the Titans is unrealistic and annoying in my opinion. Like if he's your favourite character, good for you, more power to you, but honestly he's just super annoying and unrelatable in my opinion. Again, I like the show regardless of how annoying and unlikeable Eren is. I just shift my perspective and focus on others stories, once thats done and I don't see Eren as the Protagonist or main character, thats when the show gets really good to me.
Jono47Jan 15, 2021 8:31 PM
Jan 15, 2021 7:55 PM
Dec 2018
Haruhi Suzumiya, Boruto Uzumaki & Kirito.
Jan 15, 2021 7:55 PM

Oct 2015
Mahiro yasaka, abusive tsundere except it's the male protagonist are very rarely showed his dere parts.
Jan 15, 2021 8:04 PM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:
Where is your house??
Eren wants to rumbling your house.

Lemme guess, He's gonna get better in the coming season.

Tbh, Many things in AOT are like that and it's just the same "it'll get better in the next season" response every time
I as a manga reader to listen to your statement
my expression:😲😲🤣🤣🤣
Btw Did you watch AOT S4??
Don't talk if you don't know anything LOL

Your house is the first to be rumbling by Eren, be happy because you are a lucky person XD
Nobara98Jan 15, 2021 8:13 PM
Jan 15, 2021 8:06 PM

Aug 2020
School Days protag
Makoto if I'm not mistaken

Jan 15, 2021 8:11 PM

Nov 2020
Yuki from mirai Nikki lmao becuz of how depends on his tsundere girl

Jan 15, 2021 8:12 PM

Oct 2020
ladamesansmerci said:
I can't lie, as much as I enjoy Attack on Titan, Eren personally rubs me up the wrong way
Where Is your house??

Eren wants to rumbling your house.
Jan 15, 2021 8:16 PM

Mar 2019
Jono47 said:
Jono47 said:

Not just the yelling bro, he's just generally annoying. I don't like his voice in either sub or dub. The constant blood lust to kill all the Titans is unrealistic and annoying in my opinion. Like if he's your favourite character, good for you, more power to you, but honestly he's just super annoying and unrelatable in my opinion. Again, I like the show regardless of how annoying and unlikeable Eren is. I just shift my perspective and focus on others stories, once thats done and I don't see Eren as the Protagonist or main character, thats when the show gets really good to me.

Oh I forgot that eren once wanted to kill all the titans.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Jan 15, 2021 8:22 PM

Mar 2019
For people who hate harem MCs, here is my take. If they were not oblivious and could make decisions, they would never get a harem.
Maybe they just pretend to be idiots. Maybe they have intelligence of light yagami.

Jan 15, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2020
Nobara98 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Lemme guess, He's gonna get better in the coming season.

Tbh, Many things in AOT are like that and it's just the same "it'll get better in the next season" response every time

Your house is the first to be rumbling by Eren, be happy because you are a lucky person XD

Haven't watched S4 yet.

Damn, A show where the protagonist gets good after 59 episodes ?
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jan 15, 2021 8:35 PM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:

Haven't watched S4 yet.

Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:

Haven't watched S4 yet.

LOL, that's what is called development, no matter how many eps were spent building Eren development but what is clear now that he's the opposite of the worst, he's one of the characters with the best writing, you could say he's become like Lelouch and Light now.

So don't talk too much because you haven't even watched S4 yet, Loser👎👎
Nobara98Jan 15, 2021 8:55 PM
Jan 15, 2021 8:36 PM

Nov 2008
Desolated said:
Mahiro yasaka, abusive tsundere except it's the male protagonist are very rarely showed his dere parts.

Lol I LOVE him actually...don't think he ever did something you can call "abusive" unless you count yelling when Nyaruko deserved to be yelled at...?

Jan 15, 2021 8:38 PM

Oct 2015
Chiibi said:
Desolated said:

Lol I LOVE him actually...don't think he ever did something you can call "abusive" unless you count yelling when Nyaruko deserved to be yelled at...?
except that yelling isn't the only thing he did. He threatened her with fork stabbing a lot, and sometimes even did it.
Jan 15, 2021 8:39 PM

Dec 2014
AnimeLeviathan said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

A true twist that I was not expecting: some of you are not complete imbeciles.

Bruh how can you be a Fate series fan and say that Shirou is bad? I have an excuse lmao I never seriously got into fate lmao. Also you cannot be agreeing with the guy that said every single Fate MC is bad. Including Fate/zero?

Um, yes I can agree that every Fate mc is complete trash. Do not tell me what I can and cannot do, you simpleton.

I am not a "fan" of Fate, I am a part of Fate. I am free to hate as many fools in this series that I choose. The only characters worth appreciating are ones such as myself, Gilgamesh, and sometimes Lancer (when he's a good boy).
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Jan 15, 2021 8:41 PM

Jan 2020
Nobara98 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Haven't watched S4 yet.

Nalusa_Falaya said:

Haven't watched S4 yet.

LOL, that's what is called development, no matter how many eps were spent building Eren development but what is clear now that he's the opposite of the worst, he's one of the characters with the best writing, you could say he's become like Lelouch and Light now.

So don't talk too much because you haven't even watched S4 yet, loser👎👎

Lol, Didn't know you were that much into AOT

The difference between Lelouch and Light is that they start good and become better, Y'know, Like most well written characters.

Isayama didn't have to make Eren annoying if he was a more clever writer, I dunno why AOT fans think that when things get better all the previous episodes are erased, Nah, S4 is about 21% of the show and even if it's all that amazing we had to go through 59 episodes of Eren screaming to get here because Isayama couldn't write a good protagonist, Das it fam
Jan 15, 2021 8:45 PM
Aug 2018
Boruto Deku Kirito

Your message must contain 30 characters except BBCode tags and quotes.
Jan 15, 2021 8:52 PM

Nov 2008
Desolated said:
Chiibi said:

except that yelling isn't the only thing he did. He threatened her with fork stabbing a lot, and sometimes even did it.

Uh yeah...I think it was played for comedy though. I don't remember him actually causing her pain...though it's been a while.

Jan 15, 2021 8:55 PM

May 2015
Ayano from Hanebado. Hate that bitch. So unlikeable.

♡ artist
サコ
Jan 15, 2021 8:58 PM

Oct 2015
Chiibi said:
Desolated said:

Uh yeah...I think it was played for comedy though. I don't remember him actually causing her pain...though it's been a while.
I mean I'm good with male being a bit tsundere. I kinda like Sakurai and Uzaki dynamics for instance, but Mahiro and Nyaruko is just too much for me.
Jan 15, 2021 9:03 PM

Nov 2008
Desolated said:
Chiibi said:

I mean I'm good with male being a bit tsundere. I kinda like Sakurai and Uzaki dynamics for instance, but Mahiro and Nyaruko is just too much for me.

That's fair. :3 We all have our different standards and limits.

I'm just a bit of a tsundere freak xD there are very few I don't like.

Jan 15, 2021 9:11 PM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:

The difference between Lelouch and Light is that they start good and become better, Y'know, Like most well written characters.

Isayama didn't have to make Eren annoying if he was a more clever writer, I dunno why AOT fans think that when things get better all the previous episodes are erased, Nah, S4 is about 21% of the show and even if it's all that amazing we had to go through 59 episodes of Eren screaming to get here because Isayama couldn't write a good protagonist, Das it fam
LOL All of your statements make me laugh, thank you I haven't laughed this hard in a long time XD

So you think Lelouch and Light are the better characters, okay I can understand that you haven't read the manga or seen the S4.

and Isayama a bad writer LOL, even I don't see any other mangaka besides Isayama who can makes the character who edgy, annoying and screaming turn into a character with more philosophy like Eren S4, and do you know why S4 got a high rating?? it's because Eren's current character.
Btw Who's your favorite Mangaka??
Let me guess it must be BNHA Mangaka XD

Let's argue again after you've read or seen S4, it's like I'm explaining lessons to stupid students.
Jan 15, 2021 9:16 PM

May 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:

You clearly haven't paid attention to him if you think that he is the same guy full of hatred at the end of Season 3 . Sure , he was an edgy protagonist in the first 2 seasons screaming that he was going to kill all titans but he develops a lot in S3 . Isayama making Eren full of hatred to kill all titans is a clever move because it creates a lot of flaws within Eren which can be developed later . He couldn't write a good protagonist ? Nah fam you just didn't like him as a person . A well written character doesn't have to be likable as a person . Its the same as saying Deku or Shinji are trash characters as they are annoying . Its idiotic .
Nobara98 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

LOL All of your statements make me laugh, thank you I haven't laughed this hard in a long time XD

So you think Lelouch and Light are the better characters, okay I can understand that you haven't read the manga or seen the S4.

and Isayama a bad writer LOL, even I don't see any other mangaka besides Isayama who can makes the character who edgy, annoying and screaming turn into a character with more philosophy like Eren S4, and do you know why S4 got a high rating?? it's because Eren's current character.

Let's argue again after you've read or seen S4, it's like I'm explaining lessons to stupid students.

Him liking BNHA has nothing to do with him not understanding Eren . Lets not bash each other's taste alright ?
Nyess_Jan 15, 2021 9:24 PM

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 15, 2021 9:24 PM

Jan 2020
Nobara98 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

TBH, this argument is too fun to ignore, Glad I made you laugh.

I didn't say that Isayama is a bad writer however, In terms of writing protagonists he isn't that good.

Bruh, You're talking about the 60th episode here, Someone like Light reached this philosophy in episode 1 or 2, Same thing with Lelouch and even Hachiman.

If I have to read the manga or wait for the 4th season to get a good protagonist, It means that the mangaka f**ked up, Why did he have to deliver so late when many mangakas made you like the protagonist's writing from episode 1 or 2 ?, Your standards are way too low to think that a mangaka did his job with writing the protagonist after waiting 60 episode to do it.

Also, I've never even watched BNHA

Also Also, I'm not gonna argue after watching S4 since if I didn't like it you'll tell me to read the manga, And if I didn't like the manga you'll tell me to read it again, That's just how the AOT fandom goes.
Jan 15, 2021 9:36 PM

Jan 2020
shingojira-chan said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

You clearly haven't paid attention to him if you think that he is the same guy full of hatred at the end of Season 3 . Sure , he was an edgy protagonist in the first 2 seasons screaming that he was going to kill all titans but he develops a lot in S3 . Isayama making Eren full of hatred to kill all titans is a clever move because it creates a lot of flaws within Eren which can be developed later . He couldn't write a good protagonist ? Nah fam you just didn't like him as a person . A well written character doesn't have to be likable as a person . Its the same as saying Deku or Shinji are trash characters as they are annoying . Its idiotic .
Nobara98 said:

Him liking BNHA has nothing to do with him not understanding Eren . Lets not bash each other's taste alright ?

I've never said that I don't like Eren because of his personality, You think I'll befriend Light or Lelouch ?, Hell no.

Eren does get better in S3 but nowhere near a praise worthy protagonist, His hatred doesn't decrease by time or anything, He kinda just does a 180 when he's tied, And he could've made a flawed character without having him scream "I'll kill titans" every two seconds, I dunno how you say he was an edgy annoying protagonist for 50% of the anime and then saying Isayama didn't write a bad protagonist, It's like you're saying the only way to write a good character in his shoes is to make his shit for the first 2 seasons, Nah, That's just taking the recent instead of the whole show, Many people made angry flawed characters that were likable

Also, I love Shinji's character to death and he's one of my favorite characters in anime
Jan 15, 2021 9:37 PM

Jul 2017
Jono47 said:

It's perfectly fine if you don't like his character. He has a lot of qualities throughout the series that are easy to dislike. I'm not surprised whenever I see complaints. I don't know what you mean by "constant blood lust" tho. That was good old Eren from S1-S2. I'm really surprised to hear that from someone who completed S3, which changed him the most significantly after S4. That stage of his character must have left a very strong impression on you lol
AttackonfillerJan 15, 2021 9:46 PM

Jan 15, 2021 9:38 PM
Feb 2018
Kazuya from Kanokari
Taiga from Toraodra (god she's unbearable)
Rito from To love ru
Natsuo from Domestic na Kanojo
Jan 15, 2021 9:50 PM

May 2020

Him being edgy and annoying and not likable is not equal to him not being a good protagonist . In fact in the first 2 seasons he was the perfect protagonist for an anime like AOT( and not a stupid character like Levi ) . I actually enjoyed having him as a protagonist . Him being full of hatred to kill titans is actually justified and not something which was pulled out of his ass . His hatred doesn't decrease ? Have you even watched season 3 ? Go and rewatch the last episode of Season 3 Part 2 . Do you seriously think that he fought against Reiner and Bertholt to "muh muh I wannna kill all the titans " in Season 3 . NO , he even talks about it . He was fighting for his freedom . He even touches a Titan and calmly says that he was a fellow patriot instead of killing it . It blows my mind how so many people don't pay attention to him despite being the protagonist .
He is full of flaws as you said . But as seasons go he rectifies it and develops as a great character . I find that to be brilliant by Isayama . Most people who like him feel the same way .
Nyess_Jan 15, 2021 9:58 PM

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 15, 2021 10:05 PM

Jan 2020
shingojira-chan said:

Him being edgy and annoying and not likable is not equal to him not being a good protagonist . In fact in the first 2 seasons he was the perfect protagonist for an anime like AOT( and not a stupid character like Levi ) . I actually enjoyed having him as a protagonist . Him being full of hatred to kill titans is actually justified and not something which was pulled out of his ass . His hatred doesn't decrease ? Have you even watched season 3 ? Go and rewatch the last episode of Season 3 Part 2 . Do you seriously think that he fought against Reiner and Bertholt to "muh muh I wannna kill all the titans " in Season 3 . NO , he even talks about it . He was fighting for his freedom . He even touches a Titan and calmly says that he was a fellow patriot instead of killing it . It blows my mind how so many people don't pay attention to him despite being the protagonist .
He is full of flaws as you said . But as seasons go he rectifies it and develops .

Two points:
One: There are characters who are made to be hated, But there's also a good and bad in something like that, A character like Diethard from Code Geass or Yukiatsu from Anohana are made for you to hate them but they're made cleverly, Isayama was like "How can I make people hate this character, Oh, I'll just make him say the same thing over and over again and stop the whole show in order for him to scream" That's a lazy and unclever way of writing a hated character
Two: I didn't say his anger didn't decrease, I was talking about the speed of it, You wanna know why I like Shinji ?, It's because his morality is grey (Or at least one of the reasons), The morality of Eren is black and white, He turns from one side of the spectrum to another REAL freakin quick, This is something that Isayama doesn't do well, Same thing happened with Levi being so keen on injecting Erwin and then pulling a 180 for a really weak motivator.
Jan 15, 2021 10:20 PM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
shingojira-chan said:

I've never said that I don't like Eren because of his personality, You think I'll befriend Light or Lelouch ?, Hell no.

Eren does get better in S3 but nowhere near a praise worthy protagonist, His hatred doesn't decrease by time or anything, He kinda just does a 180 when he's tied, And he could've made a flawed character without having him scream "I'll kill titans" every two seconds, I dunno how you say he was an edgy annoying protagonist for 50% of the anime and then saying Isayama didn't write a bad protagonist, It's like you're saying the only way to write a good character in his shoes is to make his shit for the first 2 seasons, Nah, That's just taking the recent instead of the whole show, Many people made angry flawed characters that were likable

Also, I love Shinji's character to death and he's one of my favorite characters in anime
well it looks like you like the good protagonist, shinji?? Bad taste hell no

you have no good taste in character selection.
Jan 15, 2021 10:20 PM

May 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
shingojira-chan said:

He is full of flaws as you said . But as seasons go he rectifies it and develops .

Two points:
One: There are characters who are made to be hated, But there's also a good and bad in something like that, A character like Diethard from Code Geass or Yukiatsu from Anohana are made for you to hate them but they're made cleverly, Isayama was like "How can I make people hate this character, Oh, I'll just make him say the same thing over and over again and stop the whole show in order for him to scream" That's a lazy and unclever way of writing a hated character
Two: I didn't say his anger didn't decrease, I was talking about the speed of it, You wanna know why I like Shinji ?, It's because his morality is grey (Or at least one of the reasons), The morality of Eren is black and white, He turns from one side of the spectrum to another REAL freakin quick, This is something that Isayama doesn't do well, Same thing happened with Levi being so keen on injecting Erwin and then pulling a 180 for a really weak motivator.

I disagree will all your points . He didn't write Eren to be hated . All of Eren's thought process and his motivations made sense to me . If you found that to be annoying then its just how you felt . Eren being black and white is actually one of his character points in the previous seasons . It isn't a flaw in writing imo . He changes to be morally grey when he found out about the Marleyans . Levi choosing Armin actually made sense to me considering Erwin's character .

Jan 15, 2021 10:23 PM
Dec 2020
Joro from Oresuki. His spinelessness put me off really badly. Knowing how the OVA ended made me hate him even more.

Jan 15, 2021 10:32 PM

Jan 2020
shingojira-chan said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Two points:

I disagree will all your points . He didn't write Eren to be hated . All of Eren's thought process and his motivations made sense to me . If you found that to be annoying then its just how you felt . Eren being black and white is actually one of his character points in the previous seasons . It isn't a flaw in writing imo . He changes to be morally grey when he found out about the Marleyans . Levi choosing Armin actually made sense to me considering Erwin's character .

You literally said "Him being edgy, annoying and unlikable isn't a bad thing", So he's unlikable but likable !?, If we bring Shinji as an example, He isn't extreme on any side of the spectrum, His grey morals make him question himself and not be so keen, Eren is changing from black to white with 100% confidence that he's doing the right thing, And is that hate worthy, Yes, Is that unrealistic and goes against his character since sometimes he doesn't move an inch and others he's like a difference person ?, Also yes.

And the Levi and Erwin thing I also disagree with since it's not about Erwin's character, It's about Levi's, Isayama wanted two things, For Levi to win the argument/fight against Eren and Mikasa AND for Armin to stay alive, Which would take a good reason for him to change his mind, That reason doesn't exist, If he realized how tired Erwin is and how much he needed to rest, He wouldn't be so eager to save him, He was just like "Whoa, Erwin raised his arm and asked the question, Welp, Guess I was wrong this whole time" Which is both convenience for the plot to move AND goes against Levi's character of being so confident in his choices without any good reason to CHANGE this character, It's development without a valid reason
Jan 15, 2021 10:34 PM

Jan 2020
Nobara98 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Ah yes, Light and Lelouch are such noble people who can do no harm, Same thing with Shinji, He's a sunflower that only wants good for the world (This is sarcasm)

If your standards for a character made to be disliked is screaming every two second then your standards are way too low
Jan 15, 2021 10:38 PM

Jun 2012
That degenerate cucklord Doctor Stone.
Jan 15, 2021 10:52 PM

May 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
shingojira-chan said:

You literally said "Him being edgy, annoying and unlikable isn't a bad thing", So he's unlikable but likable !?, If we bring Shinji as an example, He isn't extreme on any side of the spectrum, His grey morals make him question himself and not be so keen, Eren is changing from black to white with 100% confidence that he's doing the right thing, And is that hate worthy, Yes, Is that unrealistic and goes against his character since sometimes he doesn't move an inch and others he's like a difference person ?, Also yes.

And the Levi and Erwin thing I also disagree with since it's not about Erwin's character, It's about Levi's, Isayama wanted two things, For Levi to win the argument/fight against Eren and Mikasa AND for Armin to stay alive, Which would take a good reason for him to change his mind, That reason doesn't exist, If he realized how tired Erwin is and how much he needed to rest, He wouldn't be so eager to save him, He was just like "Whoa, Erwin raised his arm and asked the question, Welp, Guess I was wrong this whole time" Which is both convenience for the plot to move AND goes against Levi's character of being so confident in his choices without any good reason to CHANGE this character, It's development without a valid reason
I just told that he was unlikable to " you " . After watching the development his character goes through , I was able to like some stuff about his character which I didn't like before .
I can agree to your first point to an extent . I don't think him being that way goes against his character in any way though .
I don't wanna make this thread into why levi chose armin so I'll leave it in your profile .

Jan 15, 2021 11:00 PM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:

Ah yes, Light and Lelouch are such noble people who can do no harm, Same thing with Shinji, He's a sunflower that only wants good for the world (This is sarcasm)

If your standards for a character made to be disliked is screaming every two second then your standards are way too low
I think your standards are low here, you really like naive MC like Shinji wth XD, go watch Boku no Hero or Demon Slayer.

You only know Eren who likes to scream and cry, that's why you don't know how Eren is on S4
Jan 15, 2021 11:01 PM

Jan 2020
shingojira-chan said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

I just told that he was unlikable to " you " . After watching the development his character goes through , I was able to like some stuff about his character which I didn't like before .
I can agree to your first point to an extent . I don't think him being that way goes against his character in any way though .
I don't wanna make this thread into why levi chose armin so I'll leave it in your profile .

I'm also starting to like him more and he'll probably improve even more in the final season, But it just took too long to get here
Jan 15, 2021 11:07 PM

Jan 2020
Nobara98 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

I think your standards are low here, you really like naive MC like Shinji wth XD, go watch Boku no Hero or Demon Slayer.

You only know Eren who likes to scream and cry, that's why you don't know how Eren is on S4

It's funny how ignore me loving Lelouch and Light Yagami just to say I like naïve MCs, Also, Yeah, I don't know how S4 Eren is since I didn't watch up to this point, Are the first 60 episodes of your perfect series not satisfying enough protagonist wise ?

Side note: I looked over your list and NGE isn't there, Did you watch it and forget to put it or are you talking about Shinji without even seeing the show ?
Jan 15, 2021 11:46 PM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:

It's funny how ignore me loving Lelouch and Light Yagami just to say I like naïve MCs, Also, Yeah, I don't know how S4 Eren is since I didn't watch up to this point, Are the first 60 episodes of your perfect series not satisfying enough protagonist wise ?

Side note: I looked over your list and NGE isn't there, Did you watch it and forget to put it or are you talking about Shinji without even seeing the show ?
well I'm not into much mecha anime, that's why I don't watch it and shinji like him is a boring character like Tanjiro and Deku so I don't see NGE, he looks loser and not badass like Eren on S4.

and why you always repeat the same question, 60 eps was made to perfect Eren's character, Isayama made Eren's character earnestly at first he was a naive boy who only wanted to take revenge on Titan then he found out the truth that everyone outside the walls hated Eldian and paradise , but he doesn't hate them after 2 years living with them, that's where he started to change and thought how to stop this chain of hatred.

If you still don't understand Eren, try watching this video.
https://youtu.be/k1yEZZIQ88w
Jan 16, 2021 12:03 AM

Oct 2020
Josuke99 said:
Don't listen to vsauce. He has a hate boner for fate, which is completely justified imo, anyways.

So many anime onlys. The ufotable adaptation messed up so badly that I was actually cheering for the opposition in all ubw fights.
Reading the entire vn would be better but here you guys go:

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20216/

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20229/

I've never read anything Fate related. Maybe because of that, I couldn't see that Fate Series is being adapted badly (rather than the messed up timelines and alt universes). But other than that tho, Fate Series is not a bad anime as a whole even if you hate it. Someday tho, I'll try reading some if not all of the Fate Related things.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Jan 16, 2021 12:08 AM

Jan 2020
Nobara98 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

well I'm not into much mecha anime, that's why I don't watch it and shinji like him is a boring character like Tanjiro and Deku so I don't see NGE, he looks loser and not badass like Eren on S4.

and why you always repeat the same question, 60 eps was made to perfect Eren's character, Isayama made Eren's character earnestly at first he was a naive boy who only wanted to take revenge on Titan then he found out the truth that everyone outside the walls hated Eldian and paradise , but he doesn't hate them after 2 years living with them, that's where he started to change and thought how to stop this chain of hatred.

If you still don't understand Eren, try watching this video.
https://youtu.be/k1yEZZIQ88w

It's funny how you talk about shit taste in protagonists and can't stand a protagonist who isn't going berserk every episode, Yes, Shinji is a loser, It's not flashy but it's portrayed realistically, That's why people praise him.

Also, Isayama didn't need 60 to convince us that Eren is an angry boi, Because one, We get it, Two, Using repetition to that extent is called laziness, He did the same with Mikasa trying to say she's overprotective by her saying Eren way too much.

And even if he needed these 60 episodes it doesn't change that he wasn't a good protagonist in them since him being annoying isn't an inevitable thing.

Why did you recommend me a video that'll spoil the show ?, I ain't gonna watch it, You're saying the same thing dude, "He gets better" and even if he does, Isayama should've chosen better ways to communicate his anger than this repetition until it gets annoying shit.

If you're trying to defend S4 then I didn't watch it, If you're trying to defend the previous seasons then don't say "He's gonna get better in S4"
Jan 16, 2021 12:20 AM

Mar 2019
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:

I think you really dislike eren, so I am not gonna convince you otherwise. But I have some points.

1. Eren never did a 180 in character. The whole first 3 seasons are a story of gradual breakdown of a revenge driven kid. You should also realise that s1 ep25 - s2 ep12 happened in a single day. So he was betrayed by 3 best friends in 1 day, 4 if you count ymir. In S3, he was so devastated because he realised that grisha killed historia's family. So his father did it to someone what titans did it to him. That's one hell of a guilt, because it nullifed his whole life goal.
S1 eren was not ready to abandon Levi squad to die. But S3 eren went through with a plan that will cause his best friend's death.

2. Why is a character developed in the 60th episode a bad thing? Different authors prioritise different things. Isayama just prioritised the world and the mysteries. That's why people who hate eren continue to watch aot, whereas people who hate, say light, drop death note quickly. If author is forced to flash out the best of their story in initial chapters, it is really not good for long term storytelling. AoT is all about long term storytelling. People leave questions and mysteries unsolved, because they have faith that the author will reward them with a good payoff.

Btw I like Shinji too. He's just a victim of the situation. He has the curse of being special. But the same thing applies to eren. This was discussed in S3.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 4 hours ago

8 by Zimmu »»
6 seconds ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

76 by NubFix »»
3 minutes ago

» Let's Hope the Whole "Girls Golfing" Is A New Thing That Keeps Going...

simonitro - 2 hours ago

4 by Serafos »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you track anime milestons?

zombie_pegasus - 8 hours ago

15 by FanofAction »»
18 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 3 hours ago

10 by Zarutaku »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.