Forum Settings
Forums
You Got Me, Sempai!
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 14, 2021 4:44 AM
Sep 2020
So the start was amazing, the couple got together early on, and yet it was still fun to read, it was unique wholesome and drama free, compared to all these shitty shoujo with 100 love triangles.
I did not even mind the 'drama' towards the end about them taking a break, it was a realistic issue, they resolved it perfectly, but...

the thing with higuchi was not needed at all imo and added NOTHING to the story. as much as serina was all over mizukawa she still got too close for higuchi for some reason.. thats not sth you do if you have a boyfriend...(like getting in the pool w him when it was just the two of them)
Now im not saying you cant have guy friends if you have a bf, but this felt a bit more intimate than just a guy friend, and for a manga that started so uniqe and was drama free, this shtity subplot did get dragged out way too much and it could have very much been not in the story at all and it wouldn't have changed a thing....

/rant over, 9/10 overall, still great, wouldve been 10/10 if this subpot doesnt exist
VsauceDealerJan 14, 2021 4:48 AM
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Jan 14, 2021 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
the love triangle stuff lasted properly like half a chapter at best. Once Serina properly got wind of Higuchi's feelings, she pretty much gave him a proper rejection. Even Higuchi himself said he didn't intend to create any drama with their relationship when he had confessed

also I think the subplot was more for Higuchi's story rather than the main Serina x senpai story. Like Higuchi starts off as one of those popular-no-time-for-women type of characters, helps Serina grow her relationship with senpai, and ends up falling for her in the process. Any other story he would've been the ML lmao but in this one he's merely a side character. So this love triangle was meant as more of a way to show that even Higuchi could fall in love with someone, compared to the Higuchi at the beginning of the story

as for the intimacy, I do agree some parts (like the semi kabe-don at the pool) felt a bit too close for comfort, but the rest didn't feel too out of bounds imo, especially cause Serina views Higuchi as a close friend after all the help he's given her even through the break, which is why she might have felt ok being closer to him than probs normal.
Jan 14, 2021 10:06 AM
Sep 2020
Short_Circut said:
the love triangle stuff lasted properly like half a chapter at best. Once Serina properly got wind of Higuchi's feelings, she pretty much gave him a proper rejection. Even Higuchi himself said he didn't intend to create any drama with their relationship when he had confessed

also I think the subplot was more for Higuchi's story rather than the main Serina x senpai story. Like Higuchi starts off as one of those popular-no-time-for-women type of characters, helps Serina grow her relationship with senpai, and ends up falling for her in the process. Any other story he would've been the ML lmao but in this one he's merely a side character. So this love triangle was meant as more of a way to show that even Higuchi could fall in love with someone, compared to the Higuchi at the beginning of the story

as for the intimacy, I do agree some parts (like the semi kabe-don at the pool) felt a bit too close for comfort, but the rest didn't feel too out of bounds imo, especially cause Serina views Higuchi as a close friend after all the help he's given her even through the break, which is why she might have felt ok being closer to him than probs normal.

I mean it's still handled much better than any other love triangle I saw in romance series, and it wasn't tha tbig of a love triangle since it was a one side crush, but still. What I meant is that it kind of started when higuchi pointed his finger at serina in idk, around chapter 20, and only got resolved in chap 37.

And yeah, I get that they were friends, but she did not get this close with mizukawas guy friends for e.g, which was kinda weird
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mairimashita, Senpai Chapter 40 Discussion

Short_Circut - Dec 10, 2020

6 by SharpiePen01 »»
Aug 20, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Mairimashita, Senpai Chapter 31 Discussion

Short_Circut - Mar 7, 2020

2 by surprisedspace »»
Oct 19, 2022 7:28 AM

Poll: » Mairimashita, Senpai Chapter 28 Discussion

Short_Circut - Jan 22, 2020

20 by surprisedspace »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:53 AM

Poll: » Mairimashita, Senpai Chapter 24 Discussion

Short_Circut - Jan 22, 2020

1 by saraactuallysane »»
Sep 14, 2022 2:25 AM

Poll: » Mairimashita, Senpai Chapter 2 Discussion

shanimebib - Apr 25, 2017

2 by kur0ba »»
May 16, 2022 10:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.