Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2020 5:57 AM

Oct 2019
Can't seem to find it anywhere
Nov 26, 2020 11:09 PM
Nov 2017
Unfortunately you can't watch it anywhere, but if you did find it, it still wouldn't have a sub. I really want to see this one also.
Aug 3, 2021 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
OddHenry said:
Unfortunately you can't watch it anywhere, but if you did find it, it still wouldn't have a sub. I really want to see this one also.

You can find it on YouTube with Turkish subs up to episode 9.

There also the Raws and an Italian dub on Nyaa. Just episode 5 and 9 with Eng subs as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 3, 2021 2:57 PM

Apr 2019
Unfortunately no language has been fully translated.
If you know Japanese, you can download raw on nyaa.
Jan 20, 2023 4:37 PM

Dec 2021
Currently watching it with the assistance of OpenAI Whisper, a transformer based tool that takes an audio input of any language, and outputs fully timed english subtitles. The subs aren't perfect, but so far, the first episode translated good enough for me to understand everything, and it's actually hooked me. If @Esajas11 is still following this thread, it's worth trying out, even if it's a bit of a gnarly way to get subs made for an anime. I don't like risking mod scrutiny from linking stuff here, so if you have the raws, and are able to separate the audio (If like me, you have ones with the Japanese and Italian dubs bundled), just Google search Whisper WebUI Colab, and if you already have any sort of Google account (YouTube, Gmail, Drive, Docs, Google Plus, etc...), then you'll already be logged in and ready to use it. For this specific anime, I'd recommend the following settings...

Large-V2 model

An init prompt of "This is a comedy boxing anime from 1980, named after the main character Genki Horiguchi."

VAD Max merge size of 60 seconds

Temp of 0.1

Again, not a perfect substitute for a human fansubber, but with how many decent anime are out there without subs, it's worth trying.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jan 22, 2023 8:49 PM
Nov 2020
Could you send a sub file of episode 1? I would like to see how off they are, they might be editable to be "decent" enough for a translator to check.
Jan 22, 2023 10:31 PM

Dec 2021
MeasureToki023 said:
Could you send a sub file of episode 1? I would like to see how off they are, they might be editable to be "decent" enough for a translator to check.

Well... can I? I know linking YouTube vids is generally okay here, but anything else... hmm... I'll chance it. Since Whisper is a strange beast, I made subs with it using both with and without Spleeter (To remove the music), and at first I also used the italian dub, but dropped it after seeing how different the two dubs are. Here's my shitty subs (In .SRT format, just save each page as a .srt file) for the first 5 episodes, since they do the best job for determining if you will or won't like the series.

Obviously, machine translation isn't perfect, so there's quite a few points where it'll "hallucinate" dialog, but man, I'm 8 episodes in, and I'm actually in love with this anime. It'd be a damn shame if it never got a complete fansub.

Also, those above settings I mentioned just prior, I switched the init text to "This is a comedy/drama boxing anime from 1980, named after the main character Genki Horiguchi." for everything past the first episode, since I found out pretty quickly there's a ton of written drama in there too.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jan 22, 2023 10:38 PM
Nov 2020
Daviljoe193 said:
It'd be a damn shame if it never got a complete fansub.

Well, I currently have a timed translated script of episode 1 thats going through a check right now. Very very clean script, but at the cost of my wallet. I'll compare the AI script to the script I got from a translator to see how off it is. If its not too bad, and the majority of the lines are "correct" and just need to be edited to not sound wonk, this could save a lot of money and pain for me. No promises on whether this'll work, but I appreciate the help either way!
Jan 22, 2023 10:59 PM

Dec 2021
MeasureToki023 said:
Daviljoe193 said:
It'd be a damn shame if it never got a complete fansub.

Well, I currently have a timed translated script of episode 1 thats going through a check right now. Very very clean script, but at the cost of my wallet. I'll compare the AI script to the script I got from a translator to see how off it is. If its not too bad, and the majority of the lines are "correct" and just need to be edited to not sound wonk, this could save a lot of money and pain for me. No promises on whether this'll work, but I appreciate the help either way!

Tools like Whisper are basically a gateway drug for amateur fansubbers, and if more people learned how to use these tools, there may be next to no unsubbed anime left. It only takes about a quarter of the episode's length to generate subs for it, not accounting for making a second version with sound effects and music removed, if you use Google Colab to run it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ganbare Genki Episode 25 Discussion

Daviljoe193 - Nov 27, 2023

0 by Daviljoe193 »»
Nov 27, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Ganbare Genki Episode 24 Discussion

Daviljoe193 - Jun 2, 2023

4 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Ganbare Genki Episode 23 Discussion

Daviljoe193 - Jun 1, 2023

0 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 1, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Ganbare Genki Episode 22 Discussion

0 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 1, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Ganbare Genki Episode 21 Discussion

0 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 1, 2023 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.