Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 30, 2020 8:03 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017

https://twitter.com/Rezero_official/status/1311320194506129409

Some ride it's been this season! Let's see what Part 2 has got in store for us!

No spoilers will be tolerated.

Edit: Op/ED details.

Op theme: "Long shot" by Mayu Maeshima.

ED theme: "Believe in you" by nonoc.

Edit 2: Dec. 12th Live Stream Details.

Starting Jan. 6th.

New Key Visual:

https://twitter.com/Rezero_official/status/1337017606897725442
_MushiRock11_Dec 10, 2020 4:58 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2020 8:25 AM

May 2016
These 3 months are gonna kill me jfc
Sep 30, 2020 10:33 AM
Jul 2019
TheLimo said:
you think you are the only one?
Sep 30, 2020 12:27 PM

Dec 2012
THIS AND CYBERPUNK 2077

Sep 30, 2020 9:07 PM
Jun 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:

https://twitter.com/Rezero_official/status/1311320194506129409

Some ride it's been this season! Let's see what Part 2 has got in store for us!

No spoilers will be tolerated.

it certainly is,, jeez I had goosebumps when typing this... I really hope 2020 ends soon... it has been a harsh year...
Oct 1, 2020 12:15 AM

Jan 2016
Hype! Pretty excited for part 2!
Oct 1, 2020 9:27 AM
Apr 2019
season 2 really did not disappoint, it lived up to the hype, lets hope that season 2 part 2 is just as good.
poggers hype
Oct 2, 2020 2:39 AM
Jan 2016
Season w was disappointing given its lack of action and true adventure scenes. Being stuck in the same area with little change and so much cut out from the show isnt good. I'll bump the 8 of rezero down to seven for its 2nd season but six is possible.
Oct 3, 2020 5:19 PM
Sep 2020
Delsana said:
Season w was disappointing given its lack of action and true adventure scenes. Being stuck in the same area with little change and so much cut out from the show isnt good. I'll bump the 8 of rezero down to seven for its 2nd season but six is possible.

There is world-building learning more about the sanctuary and its origin, the plot twist finding out the one behind that hired the assassin, the causes of snow was to attract the great rabbit and isolate Emilia so that she be mentally unstable and would mentally relied on Subaru the most, the betrayal of Garfiel tha he suspect Subaru because the witch's miasma, Beatrice's true color telling that she been suffering waiting for nobody, Echidna is a greedy sociopath bastard whom does thing for her own satisfaction, and Subaru development that he has doubted himself and only see the values within him is death ever since he lost Rem he has choose to be greedy wanting to be on the lead and taking all the burden all by himself

Season 2 is adapting arc 4 which is 6 volumes long, it took white fox 13 episode to adapt half of its volume, they need cut most stuff so that they can fit it with the limit of having only 25 episodes to adapt it.

Also being stuck in one place is to show that this the biggest problem Subaru need to face, having a tons problem while also appearing a new one, Piecing the puzzle piece of finding how should make the people around him especially Garfiel trusted, how should he comfort Roswaal and make him stop doing the snow, How should we get Beatrice to help us and how to become "that person" for her without making her the first in Subaru's heart, how make Emilia stop from being mentally unstable, how do we defeat the great rabbit, how do we defeat Elsa and Meili, how do we finish the trial if Emilia is just weak and its unable to overcome the trial.

This season for me has been amazing with all of the plot twist, character develoment, character true color being revealed, the world building and the lore of Re:Zero.
Oct 3, 2020 10:37 PM
Jul 2020
man i woild be more happy if s2 wasn't a split cour but alright...have to wait 3 months for part 2 and winter 2021 looks like a banger...so many hits coming in
Oct 8, 2020 2:43 AM

Feb 2014
EnderZackBot said:
... and Subaru development that he has doubted himself and only see the values within him is death ever since he lost Rem he has choose to be greedy wanting to be on the lead and taking all the burden all by himself

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)
Who is Rem?
Oct 10, 2020 11:43 AM

Jun 2020
Delsana said:

If you want action, there is plenty of shounen. Being stuck in one place is not a bad thing if it is well done it sure was. This seasons have at least 3 episodes that are very memorable.... a lot of very good series do not have even one episode like that and this is just a half. Also, you can not judge it as it should not be split on MAL... it is one long arc... first part does not make sense without the second.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Nov 19, 2020 1:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Op/ED details.

Nov 19, 2020 2:31 PM
Jun 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:
Op/ED details.

The names of the songs are actually really fitting titles for what is gonna happen in cour 2.
Nov 25, 2020 3:57 PM

Jan 2019
ohyami said:
TheLimo said:
I swear if it's not the last season I'd quit waiting. IT'S BEEN WHOLE 4 YEARS until we got the 2nd season !

Hahahahaha No.

There can be 8 Seasons. Season 2 adapt Arc 4 when series is 11 Arcs.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Nov 25, 2020 4:06 PM
Sep 2020
bro I'm super excited for Part 2 of Season 2. There's probably gonna be more Drama.
Nov 25, 2020 9:42 PM

Jun 2020
I hope Cour 2 will deserve the pay-off and enlighten to those who finds it disappointing. Probably, at least or more. This will be the same feeling with novel readers who find this Arc to be peak moment.

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Dec 10, 2020 4:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Starting Jan. 6th!

New Key Visual:

Break Time 2nd Season will be back, too!

Dec 10, 2020 4:56 AM

May 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:
Starting Jan. 6th!

New Key Visual:

Break Time 2nd Season will be back, too!

A good parallel to Part 1 Visual since they are breaking out of the crystal
Dec 10, 2020 5:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gilgameshuu said:
A good parallel to Part 1 Visual since they are breaking out of the crystal.

True, didn't notice that at first to be honest.

Dec 10, 2020 5:00 AM

Oct 2017
That visuals looking great
Dec 10, 2020 5:03 AM

Jan 2019
The opening and ending themes sounds so good already. GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Dec 10, 2020 5:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Emillian said:

I know right, especially that ED. Sounded like a really pleasing song when they put it on the livestream. As for the Op, I'm certain it'll set the mood right from the get-go, much like Part 1's.

I wonder how many times we'll actually be able to hear them though, lol.

Dec 10, 2020 5:25 AM

May 2020
Didn't get a trailer which is unfortunate but at least we got the new Key Visual and the release date
Dec 10, 2020 5:26 AM

Jan 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:
Emillian said:

I know right, especially that ED. Sounded like a really pleasing song when they put it on the livestream. As for the Op, I'm certain it'll set the mood right from the get-go, much like Part 1's.

As many times as we can hopefully. Well, as long as everything is gonna get adapted as it should the absence of the opening and ending is understandable.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Dec 10, 2020 5:35 AM
Jul 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
Emillian said:

It's actually one of the things I loved about Season 2 Part 1. They didn't shy away from cutting the opening/ending every time there was a chance to put in more content and scenes.
Dec 10, 2020 5:58 AM

Nov 2007
Airing on same day of the week and time as part 1.
Mini Anime also announced, as expected.
Radio show to have new year special on January 1, 2021 w. Maaya Sakamoto as guest.
https://moca-news.net/article/20201210/2020121022300a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 10, 2020 6:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
@Emillian @Gyappu Yeah, I totally agree of course.

Dec 10, 2020 6:24 AM

Mar 2018
Delsana said:

Yeah, if hamfisting as many quirky different locations & flashy battles as possible into a season is all you want out of an anime. Re:ZERO focuses much more so on building up character arcs, themes, lore and twists. If you want pure, dumb eye candy then I recommend the Slime isekai.
Jul 26, 2021 7:08 PM
Jan 2016
Jaereku said:
Delsana said:

Yeah, if hamfisting as many quirky different locations & flashy battles as possible into a season is all you want out of an anime. Re:ZERO focuses much more so on building up character arcs, themes, lore and twists. If you want pure, dumb eye candy then I recommend the Slime isekai.
Jaereku said:
Delsana said:

This was an immature response by you, and also Reincarnated as a Slime isn't dumb. I said what I said, your reply is just an attempt to distort what I said. It is also not true.

The original ReZero seasons were better than the one just stuck in the same area with honestly very slow progression without much fun. The best parts were clearly the end when they were getting out.
Jul 26, 2021 7:34 PM

Jul 2016
Delsana said:
This was an immature response by you, and also Reincarnated as a Slime isn't dumb. I said what I said, your reply is just an attempt to distort what I said. It is also not true.

The original ReZero seasons were better than the one just stuck in the same area with honestly very slow progression without much fun. The best parts were clearly the end when they were getting out

First, nice necro.

Second, best parts were the characters' backstories and their development, Subaru's growing struggle and his mental changes. That's the main focus of the series anyway.
The last episode of the season was one of the weakest with the extremely lackluster animation during the fight and the rushed pace.

Finally, I can say that but at the end of the day whether you prefer the first of second season is still subjective. I would argue that season 2 was closer to was Re:Zero is as a series (as someone who has read the future arcs) and delivered well in what it tried to do, but that doesn't change that the first season was much more dynamic.

More topics from this board

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

616 by 2772510 »»
Apr 18, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 17, 2021

489 by Salah_og »»
Apr 8, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Best thing about Re:Zero Poll

AshTheChamp - Jan 5

27 by kecri »»
Apr 3, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Jan 13, 2021

621 by haminshamin »»
Apr 3, 8:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.