Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 4, 2020 6:46 PM

Aug 2020
I guess it's a bit overrated if we want to talk about the storyline. Other than that the art is amazing. But if you want to call something overrated then please state the reasons why you think it's overrated because I'd love to have an actual debate.
Sep 4, 2020 10:07 PM

Apr 2015
I agree that it’s overrated, although I do wish the OP put in their own explanation for why they believe so. For me, I’ll take a stab at it since some people here seem to want one.

I feel like the ONLY reason this is so popular is because of the art. It’s like the manga version of Violet Evergarden or Demon Slayer. If it didn’t have as good art, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be /nearly/ as highly rated.

Now I just want to make this clear: I'm not hating on this manhwa, I still semi-enjoy reading it for the art. I just find it hard to believe it’s ranked #14 on top manga when it has such major flaws. I’m seriously trying to wrap my head around what stands out in this story other than the art and people loving a badass MC that makes so many people give it a “masterpiece” rating, so someone please tell me. And since some people want a reason, I’m just giving my opinion straightforwardly. Lastly, it’s admittedly been a while since I’ve read the first chapters, so if you read this far I would like it if anyone could help me with my issues with Solo Leveling since I do not want to reread everything just to find errors in my assertions.

If you’re just gonna say “it’s enjoyable and that’s all that matters,” that’s cool, but I’m not interested and I'm not talking to you. I wrote all this to see if anyone could help me with the major issues I have with this story. Also just me blowing my mind off before I start studying for my exam so if no one responds ah well.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Sep 5, 2020 9:44 AM

Sep 2014
Blood_Mage03 said:
Hrybami said:

Oh no you got it wrong. I don't think this thread is relevant whatsoever, it's even against the rule to make over/under rated thread. I just find it hypocritical that people are shitting on the OP for expressing his opinion when you can find people making similar thread with the opposite opinion and no one is disrepecting the OP.

Also what? How would throwing shade on a series be wrong? What's that, we cannot make a thread that isn't about circlejerking anymore? Because the series is popular? What the fuck, what does popularity has to do with that? Discussion or not, what you're asking is closely censorship.

Glad that we can find common ground on the fact that this thread is irrelevant :). Also, I never stated that I think that threads critiquing a media should be banned, but specifically said that this thread means to accomplish nothing except just bash the webtoon because its popular. I want to end this discussion on the fact that this thread did nothing to show people why the op would think that its overrated and that's my final take away from being here.

The best thing thing that I got out of this, was talking to someone about a random thing while waiting for photoshop to set up, and for that, I thank you for actually responding back instead of just ignoring my response :).

lmao you don't have to thank me for something so usual.

I also don't think the OP was trying to bash this series. He did say he liked it. Tho it never was mentioned that this series was popular so I'm not sure what does popularity has to do with that. Nonetheless, I agree OP should have explained it a bit more, or at least responded to at least one comment. He disappeared right away after creating the thread.

Sorry if I sounded rude. I had a pretty bad day.
Sep 5, 2020 4:45 PM

Jan 2017
This thread has been locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 200 Discussion

Zaxphred - May 31, 2023

42 by Taniamichelle001 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Your ending view (regarding extra chaps):

Vamp_Lord - Apr 24

8 by amitlot10 »»
Apr 25, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 201 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Eoussama - Jul 9, 2023

57 by ttedim »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Are you satisfied with this ending ?

luckysjjsjsjs - Nov 19, 2023

11 by MH93 »»
Apr 24, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 191 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 29, 2023

27 by MH93 »»
Apr 24, 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.