Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2020 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Hello!

In this thread, I invite you to discuss about Light Yagami, the main character of the popular manga/anime series Death Note.

Also, I have a survey link (2 min to complete) about Death Note : I'll show you the results in a week if I get at least 100 replies. For the moment there are nearly 50 replies !

Only click the link if you have reached the end of the series!

Link : https://forms.gle/rXprutL1Vz1ea8X5A
Thank you for your participation :)
Aug 9, 2020 6:21 AM
Dec 2019
Something about Lights childish sense of justice (As L said) really made me dislike him somehow. Just my opinion though I'm sure there are tons of Light fans
Aug 9, 2020 6:52 AM

Jan 2020
ssim_3 said:
Something about Lights childish sense of justice (As L said) really made me dislike him somehow. Just my opinion though I'm sure there are tons of Light fans

Although I have Light in my favorites, I have to agree that his sense of justice IS childish. But in the end, it did bring results. You can't deny that.
IrrelevantGuyAug 9, 2020 6:59 AM
Aug 9, 2020 11:57 AM

Dec 2007
IrrelevantGuy said:
ssim_3 said:

Although I have Light in my favorites, I have to agree that his sense of justice IS childish. But in the end, it did bring results. You can't deny that.
they set the setting for the anime very well to be understandable, light is the smartest in the class, he don't even need to listen to the teacher to learn, he is kinda lonely, or even make himself lonely because he can't find anyone in his level (though in the manga he have some friends, they highlight it in the anime to make his sense of justice to feel more realistic) and thinking he's above everyone, he clearly have the same mind as ryuk that the world is boring, you can clearly see why he would evolve that kind of sense of justice and i think it is very realistic in that way, true that it's kinda childish, even L said that in ep9, but the setting for light to be high school student is pretty much making it realistic.
Aug 10, 2020 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
Thank you for your participation in the survey!

I wrote an article "Do Death Note fans really like Light Yagami?" and included the results in an infographic: https://createmilie.com/en/death-note-survey/

It turns out there were many divergent opinions on Light and his vision on justice!
Dec 12, 2020 4:44 PM
Dec 2020
I can not think highly of Light. If he was that much intelligent, he could understood before that Ryuk was using him in actual sense.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Yesterday, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 7, 2007

132 by misterskinny »»
Yesterday, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

109 by misterskinny »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 24, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.