Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 4, 2020 2:24 PM
Jan 2010
For the most part, I enjoyed this anime quite a bit and even cried a few times. To me, Kousei is likeable as the main character trying to grow as a person and deal with the issues of his mother and his feelings for Kaori. Kaori is a bit frustrating in how she deals with Kousei and reveals her true feelings, but otherwise I enjoyed her as well.

Now for some flaws of this anime.

- I don't buy these kids as junior high students. How old are they? 14? They're drawn and act like high school seniors getting ready to transition into college.

- One or two of the episodes dragged on...I think it was when Takeshi and Emi played their piano pieces towards the end of Season 1. I guess those parts fit as they were Kousei's main competition, and both of them had mini arcs where they grew as performers. But I don't know. I kind of shrugged.

I'm not a musical person. I only found Kousei and Kaori interesting to watch on stage, or maybe Kousei with Nagi. Watching Kousei battling his inner demons and visions of his mother made those performances intriguing. Without Kousei, I had trouble staying interested in the performances.

- Why does everything have to revolve around Kousei? Apparently even Kaori knew Kousei t a young age and wanted to play the violin because she wanted to play with him? C'mon. Both Takeshi and Emi are playing the piano because of Kousei? As a kid, Takeshi basically stalks Kousei around town trying to become a better piano player? Is Kousei basically the Messiah of all these characters?

It doesn't have to be so neatly wrapped together. These kids are obsessed with Kousei.

Yes, I enjoyed the storyline overall though. I enjoyed the use of colors. I enjoyed the comedy mixed in. The two OPs and two EDs are both beautifully done, although ED2 basically gives away the ending. I kept rooting for Kaori towards the end (but again, too many hints gave it away).

It's a great anime with some flaws here and there.
Aug 10, 2020 12:06 AM

Jul 2016
Yes I completely agree!

I also really disliked the lack of Kaori in the later half of the season and I honestly don't understand why Nagi was included in the series considering she didn't do anything important and was mainly just filler.
Aug 14, 2020 2:05 AM
Oct 2019
To your first point, the only two that really acted more mature than their ages were Kaori and Kousei and it makes complete sense for them to be more mature as they've both lived lives that forced them to grow up faster than most people their ages. Combinations of competitive classical music, the loss of your mother, physical and emotional abuse and a terminal illness will do that to you.

I somewhat agree with your other points, although I'll say that a big theme in the show is YOUR music inspiring people so it makes sense that Kousei's first live performance before his mother corrupted him inspired the young people around him. I loved most of the performances although I'm probably more into music than you are. I wouldn't call that a fault of the show though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.