Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 3, 2020 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
My father believes the most ridiculous things:

-Cambodian 10 year old performed the rhythm of the Big Hornet in America and won the pianist prodigy award. (googled it and found nothing)

-Chicago 10 year old boy's parents heard frog noises at night, searched boy's room and interrogated boy, found nothing. They moved their home elsewhere and 2 years later, their family heard frog noises again. Eventually, they discovered the noises originate from the boy's stomach. Apparently, the boy swallowed water while playing in the pond. (googled it and found nothing)

-a village in India where the children under 5 years old all have an IQ of 135 (googled it and found nothing)

My father was so happy, laughing in amazement, saying it all came from Taiwan news. I lol'd.

He often tell stories of time slip and future people teaching stuff and also coffin with an 1000 year old beauty (googled the coffin to find a scene from an 1984 movie). I laughed but my father refuse to believe my search results even after I showed him proof. He said he watched this Taiwan channel for several years and they never lied. He says that it is impossible for them to lie since if they had been caught lying, they would have got banned or fired but they are still doing it and so, it must mean they are truthful and honest whereas someone like me with no bachelor's degree is stupid and easily tricked by fake information. He called me a retard and said I shouldn't believe things on the web when his channels are Youtube channels. LOL but he sounded aggressive and hostile. He got very angry to hear that the divine supreme truth he learned from Taiwan political channel were lies and so, he said I am the one with fake information. (facepalm)

There was even one video saying that there is a discovery in Iran where a woman is born with a snake body complete with human arms, human chest, half human tummy and human head but snake tail. He actually thinks this is real. WTF!? LOL.

I told him the image is photoshopped but he refuse to believe it saying that I read too much fake stuff on the web and is tricked.

I tried to tell him he is the one being tricked for 3-4 years now but he still watches those same Youtube channels and think I am full of shit. (facepalm)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 3, 2020 2:09 PM

Nov 2013
The "swallowed eggs of frogs/fish/dinosaurs/aliens/whatever" stories never get old.

It's aggravating, but your father won't change anymore in his lifetime. Or at least it's unlikely.

1000 year old beauty is about an unusually well-preserved corpse, I guess. That does happen, but there's nothing occult about it. And none of the examples I heard of is 1000 years old if I remember correctly.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 4, 2020 9:53 PM

Apr 2009
No matter how silly it is it shouldn't be regulated.
Aug 5, 2020 6:08 PM

Dec 2013
I'm a big fan of freedom of speech, even if it is asinine crap like that. Also, if these sorts of things were regulated, these kinds of people would find something else to believe in that is just as ludicrous.

“Please take responsibility, okay?”

Aug 7, 2020 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
I suppose you guys are right.

Even if this is fake news or fake occult news, regulating this would give "them" the right to regulate everything and then, there will be no freedom of speech. Censorship is normally wrong, I agree!
Aug 14, 2020 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
Most of this nonsense is ultimately harmless. YouTube is deleting channels of Flat Earthers though. Not sure if they crack down on Anti-vaxxers.

Nathan Thompson was arrested for yelling at elementary school children and was charged with disorderly conduct.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Izanagi's Discord Username = nekopuhi (Please become my friend on Discord!!!)

-Izanagi - Jan 8

0 by -Izanagi »»
Jan 8, 6:53 AM

» I got married!!

-Izanagi - Nov 9, 2023

6 by Enigmaticloner »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:24 PM

Sticky: Poll: » Anybody alive??

-Izanagi - Jun 9, 2023

5 by Hardtime_ABCDEF »»
Jun 13, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Twitter Blue

-Izanagi - Dec 31, 2022

3 by vinroy11 »»
Dec 31, 2022 10:52 PM

Poll: » Which ongoing animes do you like most?

-Izanagi - Nov 12, 2022

4 by Enigmaticloner »»
Dec 11, 2022 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.