Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 14, 2020 10:41 AM
Jul 2020
If im not wrong, underworld folks (artificial fluctlights) becomes Artificial Labile Intelligent Cybernated Existence (A.L.I.C.E.) when they broke their seal. But they can't go against the system/break their seal on their own for many centuries, that is why Kirito is sent to underworld.

Eugeo became A.L.I.C.E. when he broke the seal to protect Tiese and Ronie from sexual assault. He is able to do this because of Kirito's influence. Unfortunately, he died so he cannot be extracted.
Alice becomes A.L.I.C.E. when she broke the seal because of Kirito's influence.
The pugilist leader just took his eye out and didn't really break the seal (in my opinion) but Lilpilin (orc leader) legit broke the seal when going against the tentacle whatever.

Now that Lilpilin broke the seal because of Leafa's influence, can they take him instead of Alice?

Jul 16, 2020 2:22 PM

Nov 2019
This is an interesting thread. But obviously those tentacle threads get attention.

I think technically they can. But it's too late for them. They've already got hold of Alice.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jul 20, 2020 8:01 PM

Jul 2016
Yes they can, Lilipin could be other sample but the top priority is Alice, it's not because she broke the Seal of the Right Eye, which is about going against the system, but it's because of what Alice did back in the cave. Breaking the Seal of the Right Eye through conscious effort but what Alice did in the cave is unconsciously touching the ground of the Dark Territory equaling to crossing the Dark territory, which is a law not to do unless allowed by the high officials of the Underworld.

Your right about the influence of Kirito. Since Kirito is foreign to the underworld and not bound by the system of Underworld he can do anything actually without suffering the Seal of the Right Eye. His influence iniatiated the people to do something out of their system/custom/tradition/rule.
Jul 21, 2020 8:31 AM

May 2019
The mambo jambo about this technology is not clear, many times contradictory, since it is just a lazy background for the plot.

Everytime we get interested about the fictional world of a series, we must first try to perceive if the author is or not interested in it as seriously as we are. Sadly in the case of SAO the answer is not.

I wish every author of a fictional series was deeply engaged in his own work as classics like Tolkien. But it is just a wish.

That said. The only meaning that Kawahara-san want us to extract from this plot is:

- Fluctolighto people is legit real people, with human soul, mind, feelings, passion and fears, and if we think they are not, we are genocide racists.

- The only thing left that need to be developed is the Free Will.

- And finally, that Seal which was restricting their free will was not intentional, but a sabotage, as Asuna suspected in the end of last (half)season.

If was not for this seal, i guess every human or rational humanoid there would have already become an "A.L.I.C.E" long ago.

Jul 30, 2020 1:04 AM
Jul 2020
cronoSpirA said:

top priority is Alice, it's not because she broke the Seal of the Right Eye, which is about going against the system, but it's because of what Alice did back in the cave. Breaking the Seal of the Right Eye through conscious effort but what Alice did in the cave is unconsciously touching the ground of the Dark Territory equaling to crossing the Dark territory, which is a law not to do unless allowed by the high officials of the Underworld.
system/custom/tradition/rule.

I saw this somewhere on reddit..

Side note on this topic. Why didn't they try to get Eugeo after he broke his seal? What makes Alice different?

BleedingUranium:
Because of time acceleration. In real world terms, Eugeo broke the seal well into the raid on Ocean Turtle, not even five real world minutes before the raid team cut the power.

Also, Rath was mistaken about Alice being what they were looking for. We have to backtrack here a bit: Rath is not even aware the Seal of the Right Eye exists, because it was put into Underworld by a mole (as Asuna deduced) to slow the project down and give the Americans time to get the raid done.

All Rath was able to figure out was that Underworld residents were simply incapable of breaking any rules (exactly what they don't want) but have no idea why. So they decided to take a real world person, someone experienced with VR settings so they won't feel the world is "off", and drop them into Underworld as a kid, have them grow up alongside some UW kids and see if a real world person could influence UW residents to break rules.

So Kirito went in and spent eleven years growing up with Eugeo and Alice, and Rath's plan... sort of worked. But not at that point.

Kirito's innate sense of morality and doing the right thing no matter whether it's against the rules or not (and generally skirting rules and norms for fun) absolutely rubbed off on both Alice and Eugeo, especially Alice. We see the same thing in Kirito's next dive (without blocked memories) happen with Eugeo, Ronie, and Tiese, and some of the Knights (basically everyone Kirito encounters).

This influence is why she felt the need to help the Dark Knight in the first place, but that said Alice only broke the Taboo Index (read: a rule) by accident, because she slipped and fell. Had Rath been able to pull Alice out of UW then and there, they would have been disappointed to learn she was not what they needed.

Much later on, Eugeo became a true A.L.I.C.E. when he intentionally defied the Seal to save Tiese and Ronie, and later Alice also became an A.L.I.C.E. during her chat with Kirito on the outside of he tower. But as noted, both of these took place less than five minutes before the power was cut, so that Alice actually became what they needed was simply good fortune.

---------------------------

So basically everyone who broke the CODE871 can be brought to the world end altar because they are the ones they are looking for?
They just want Alice because of a mistake, she just goes against the Taboo Index made by Quinella. And they were just lucky that Alice happen to broke the CODE871 aswell.
Jul 31, 2020 3:36 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Trust me and put yourself in the main villain shoes. He's super obsessed with getting this girl who named Alice who resemble his childhood friend with soul that taste sweet to him alone than the other ALICE. Basically, the dude had a fetish. He's not gonna go for male, demihuman or the pig. His subordinates would have go with them and call it mission complete then proceed to retreat...but they have not obtain those information as shown in the anime so far.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.