Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2020 7:01 PM
Nov 2016
Can somebody please explain the ending to me. Just finished watching it about 15 minutes ago, Didn't understand a thing. I want to believe that she was a ghost because of the ending scene where she was asking for forgiveness because she couldn't be a good mother to her daughter or granddaughter but the theory that its all in Anna's mind also makes sense.
Please! I'm in desperate need of an Explanation
May 31, 2020 10:17 PM
May 2020
After doing some research, I'm pretty sure she [Marnie] was a product of her [Anna] imagination. Ties with the past. Subconscious. Forget the past. Forgive yourself. Remembrance. Love.

Sad movie btw.
Jun 2, 2020 8:31 PM
Nov 2016
Davvol said:
After doing some research, I'm pretty sure she [Marnie] was a product of her [Anna] imagination. Ties with the past. Subconscious. Forget the past. Forgive yourself. Remembrance. Love.

Sad movie btw.
"But as there was written in the diary, Marnie did dance with the flower girl but the flower girl didn't exist when Hisako was telling stories of Marnie's Childhood. So it comes of that time travel really did happen to let the girls Connect" I Heard in a video on YouTube. And that actually makes sense to me
Jun 14, 2020 12:56 PM
Aug 2013
I dont think answers should be looked for in the fantasy realm for this movie.

It was her imagination like Davvol indicated. This also follows from Marnie disappearing twice for no apparent reason, other than Anna being 'out of it'.

Moreover, as Anna has lived with her grandmother (Marnie) for a year or so, it is very much possible that Marnie told Anna stories about her life back then as well as shown her pictures.

In my opinion, this can explain all of it.
Aug 21, 2020 1:11 PM
Jun 2017
Marnie was telling her stories to her grabddaughter anna when she was a kid , these stories were kept in her subconscious brain without her knowing these stories consciously! So when she saw the castle that she've seen before back when she was a kid ,she got inspired to create a character and be a friend with it without knowing why but it all comes to her subconscious brain and the stored stories , and when it comes to the flower girl , since she heard of this story when she was a kid , she would act certain things she remembered and would interact with it .

This is my personal openion .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Omoide no Marnie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 18, 2015

163 by manuel-unu »»
Mar 25, 1:37 AM

» Question for people who already watched it (spoilers)

valyriansteel - Jul 24, 2014

23 by RobertBobert »»
Jun 20, 2023 11:46 AM

» Attack On Titan Satire

Readyarmydude90 - Mar 27, 2021

3 by ETHANethan »»
Mar 28, 2021 12:32 AM

Poll: » This could be Ghibli's last film

str_mln2 - Jul 20, 2014

10 by Yiuumii »»
Oct 23, 2020 3:36 PM

» [spoilers] Everyone deceived Anna?

RyuMaster - Apr 11, 2015

5 by Rob7 »»
Apr 9, 2020 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.