Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 29, 2020 12:52 AM
Oct 2019
If you have read the manga and finished it, this a discussion for you guys. If the anime finishes adapting the whole manga, do you think they’ll end it like how the manga, or do you think the studio will have the balls to do their own “anime original” ending?
Mar 29, 2020 2:59 AM

Aug 2017
Firstly, I don't think this season is going to make it all the way to the end of the season, but even if it does, I think that the studio will most likely follow the manga's conclusion. The only other possibility (which is arguably higher) is that they just won't have an ending, instead doing an anime original "open" ending, which would suck in a whole other way...
VortexOfLightMar 29, 2020 3:16 AM
Apr 24, 2020 3:11 AM
Jul 2019
If this season is 13-20 episodes long, we'll definitely have a true to heart manga ending but if it is just the normal 12 episode season, it'll probably just have an open ending or their own shortened and simplified of the manga ending like how We Never Learn S2 ended. All we can hope for is the best.
May 6, 2020 5:09 PM

Aug 2018
Myroseft said:
I mean he chose yotsuba thinking she would turn him down, bit she didn't. And they just kinda played along with it.

Care to elaborate on that? Did I miss something?
It's quite possible since I'm horrible with details in any story I follow (being little or important) lol
-On my way to make you confess-

May 21, 2020 11:00 AM
May 2020
If the open ended part of the manga never existed, the manga would have been so much better imo, but the open ended ending makes it look like its going to introduce a whole new plotline, when there wont be any.
Jun 16, 2020 6:07 PM
May 2018
Myroseft said:
ThePiiemaker said:

Care to elaborate on that? Did I miss something?
It's quite possible since I'm horrible with details in any story I follow (being little or important) lol

Alright, but I'm not quite in touch with the details myself but the thing starts with the festival arc.
Fuutarou decides he's going to decide on his feelings about the quints. He plans on meeting them at the end if the festival to sort out his feelings and choose one of them however he decides to choose none of them. Then after a series of events we see 3-4 quints kissing fuutarou, all on different occasions with the last one to do so being yotsuba.
This is probably the only major fuutarouXyotsuba event I noticed in the entire series.
After an encounter with the quints real dad, the guy tells him to actually decide whom to choose.
Fast forward ti the end of the festival near the time fuutaro was going to choose and we see him heading to a room where yotsuba is. Miku and Nino basically deal with the rejection like its nothing. A HUNDRED CHAPTERS OF DEVELOPENT and they just deal with fuutaros rejection.

Fuutaro asks yotsuba why she wasnt in her room and she says something which i dont remember. He asks her about her feelings. He expected her to disagree that she loves him but actually she does. Then after a bit of drama we see him getting married to yotsuba.
So basically Miku and Nino's feelings were destroyed in like 2-3 chapters and the LEAST favoured girl wins.

I saw a 'translators note' at the end saying that the wedding was a dream and the series had an open ending but them again I also saw an aftermath showing fuutarou's honeymoon where the one of the quints literally refers to yotsuba as the 'new bride'

So in the end I didn't like the ending not because my favourite girl didn't win but because the girl with the least developement won. But that's my opinion, you do you.

First: The ending isn't a dream at all
2- I may agree that the ending was a bit rushed but overall it was fine for me and was very happy with yotsuba winning
3- About Futarou Choise:
I think yotsuba deserved it . she always supported him and seeked dor his happiness . Also , there were some small hints before the choise:
-In Ch 113 , when his friend askd him which quint he recognized first. Back to chapter 66 , It was yotsuba>
- he choosed juice when ichica told him about the quint favourite drinks ..
And most impotant , we knew that futarou didn't knew much about romance .
Can you remind me when he ever showed any feelings for nino or miku ?
All the situations were from their side .
the situations between characters doesn't nessary have to be romantic .Small situations may develop feelings .
For example: In chapter 36,37, FutarouxYotsuba event was beautiful
So ,when he begin to realise his feelings , he chose the one who supported him and who will be suitable for him .
In the end , It is Futarou choise not like he must choose the fans favourite girl to make the ending good
Jun 17, 2020 7:21 AM
May 2018
Myroseft said:
Elatar said:

First: The ending isn't a dream at all
2- I may agree that the ending was a bit rushed but overall it was fine for me and was very happy with yotsuba winning
3- About Futarou Choise:
I think yotsuba deserved it . she always supported him and seeked dor his happiness . Also , there were some small hints before the choise:
-In Ch 113 , when his friend askd him which quint he recognized first. Back to chapter 66 , It was yotsuba>
- he choosed juice when ichica told him about the quint favourite drinks ..
And most impotant , we knew that futarou didn't knew much about romance .
Can you remind me when he ever showed any feelings for nino or miku ?
All the situations were from their side .
the situations between characters doesn't nessary have to be romantic .Small situations may develop feelings .
For example: In chapter 36,37, FutarouxYotsuba event was beautiful
So ,when he begin to realise his feelings , he chose the one who supported him and who will be suitable for him .
In the end , It is Futarou choise not like he must choose the fans favourite girl to make the ending good

You don't need to 'Pick the fan favourite girl' to have a good manga.
and I don't think rushing the ending is the problem here, because Nisekoi had it's ending rushed as well but at least it had an ending which made sense.
You said the ending made sense because of the "small hints" in chapter 36. 37 & 66.
really dude? your reasoning for defending the ending is 3 chapters? Nino, Miku (fuck, maybe Itsuki too) easily had way more development than that. but who tf cares about 200 chapters, right?

I noticed Yotsuba was the least favourited girl in the mal character index and it's pretty common sense why that's the case. her character was barely defined. first we had Miku's development which was nice. she went from a pseudo-imo girl to discovering her interest in Feudal Japan history. Nino hated Fuu at first but she later developed a crush on him from his childhood photo, then she was totally into him, later she got into cooking as a profession. itsuki improved her grades and chose to be a teacher like her mother. ichika followed her passion and became an actress.

And yotsuba is still the happy go lucky hyperactive quint.
the whole point of the manga was the MC helping the quints grow and then marrying one of them. but the author just ignored yotsuba and then sticked her up Fuutarou's ass in the ending.

Good manga, nice character development(except Yotsuba's), bad ending.
you don't have to be in any of the 'teams' to realize that.

That's your opinion ..
For me at least , yotsuba was the first one to develop .. she was the first one that tried to be different but after her failure in the elementary school ,
She couldn't forgive herself and did her best to make up for it..
she chose to be a supportive character and try to .. Even after Futarou appearance , she seeked for her sisters happiness although she had feelings for Futarou ..Also, in the end she admitted that kind of character suits her and she is happy to be like that..
All the girls developed well and I loved their characters and development but really what is the relationship between the development and Futarou choice ?
He chose the one who will compete him and will always love and support him .. I think they are suitable for eachother..

Last Note : Yotsuba got the second place in the first character popularity poll ( Vol 7 )
Mohamed-ElatarJun 17, 2020 7:57 AM
Jun 20, 2020 2:48 AM
Jan 2016
Elatar said:
Myroseft said:

You don't need to 'Pick the fan favourite girl' to have a good manga.
and I don't think rushing the ending is the problem here, because Nisekoi had it's ending rushed as well but at least it had an ending which made sense.
You said the ending made sense because of the "small hints" in chapter 36. 37 & 66.
really dude? your reasoning for defending the ending is 3 chapters? Nino, Miku (fuck, maybe Itsuki too) easily had way more development than that. but who tf cares about 200 chapters, right?

I noticed Yotsuba was the least favourited girl in the mal character index and it's pretty common sense why that's the case. her character was barely defined. first we had Miku's development which was nice. she went from a pseudo-imo girl to discovering her interest in Feudal Japan history. Nino hated Fuu at first but she later developed a crush on him from his childhood photo, then she was totally into him, later she got into cooking as a profession. itsuki improved her grades and chose to be a teacher like her mother. ichika followed her passion and became an actress.

And yotsuba is still the happy go lucky hyperactive quint.
the whole point of the manga was the MC helping the quints grow and then marrying one of them. but the author just ignored yotsuba and then sticked her up Fuutarou's ass in the ending.

Good manga, nice character development(except Yotsuba's), bad ending.
you don't have to be in any of the 'teams' to realize that.

That's your opinion ..
For me at least , yotsuba was the first one to develop .. she was the first one that tried to be different but after her failure in the elementary school ,
She couldn't forgive herself and did her best to make up for it..
she chose to be a supportive character and try to .. Even after Futarou appearance , she seeked for her sisters happiness although she had feelings for Futarou ..Also, in the end she admitted that kind of character suits her and she is happy to be like that..
All the girls developed well and I loved their characters and development but really what is the relationship between the development and Futarou choice ?
He chose the one who will compete him and will always love and support him .. I think they are suitable for eachother..

Last Note : Yotsuba got the second place in the first character popularity poll ( Vol 7 )

From the post manga there is a chapter Negi talk about the quint. Yotsuba is underdeveloped character and Itsuki being the bait. The one that was well written which is Ichika might be the winner but Negi dropped her off in sister war arc because she has the smallest fanbase. Nino also might have a chance to win along side Miku tho Miku is just Nino 2.0 after she change. My best girl is Nino, but that aside as you said, the choice is in Fuutarou hand. The problem thing didn't sit well with Yotsuba as the winner is she have little to non impact for romantic scene but she can still be the winner as she also spend much of her time with Fuutarou although nothing romantic going on. So I think the anime maybe can add or improve some scene with Yotsuba for example make the ferris wheel scene more romantic? I didn't mind whoever win as all the quint are likeable but Itsuki is no good while Yotsuba just need a little touch up.
Jul 19, 2020 6:21 AM
Jan 2018
If anything althoughI'm still team nino/miku, the manga ending wasn't bad. I'd for one be fine if the adapted it closely but would like them to close off the loose ends and also maybe save the fact that it was Yotsuba that met Fuutarou till maybe the last few episodes. Maybe if they didn't make it a known fact and only let us know when they get together, would have been better and wouldn't have left a bad taste in my mouth although that's probably because I'm a bit salty about the choice.

Other than that i don't mind an anime only ending if they can tie up most of the loose ends.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endings

Moppit - Apr 25

15 by Moppit »»
Yesterday, 11:12 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

132 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 3:02 PM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

143 by Yawuz_707 »»
Feb 16, 1:32 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

260 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.