Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 24, 2020 4:19 AM
Feb 2015
So, I used to be really into racing back as a kid. Dale Earnhardt (Sr. and Jr.), Kyle Busch, Elliott Sadler, etc. were all household names for us. I've been covered head to toe in mud at dirt tracks and sat in a tow truck with my grandfather waiting for a wreck to happen. Still, as I grew older, racing wasn't really interesting anymore for me, and I more or less moved on from the past time/hobby until recently where I've found one of those "itches" that you might feel when you stumble on something you used to enjoy.

Anyway, now that I'm possibly looking to get back into the swing of things concerning racing itself, I was wondering if anyone knew any racing titles out there. I'm not talking shows like Initial D, but anime with stock racing, dirt racing, etc. Even F1 anime can work, though I was never really into that style of racing. So, if anyone has anything in mind, just give me a holler and I'll check it out.
Feb 24, 2020 4:21 AM
Jul 2018
I plan to watch Redline, which people consider a masterpiece.
Also, Oban Star-Racers is my all-time favourite, though it may not be what you're looking for.
Feb 24, 2020 4:34 AM
Apr 2019
well there's always "speed racer"
but if you want to watch something a bit different I'd say yugioh 5d's.
(this isn't my genre of preference)
Feb 24, 2020 5:04 AM

Dec 2018
Redline. It’s an amazing movie in general. Everything was beautifully hand drawn over seven years creating some of the smoothest animations of all time.
Feb 24, 2020 5:09 PM

May 2018
Capeta starts from the ground-up with kart racing and follows traditional sports anime tropes, personally I place it second behind Initial D and in front of Wangan Midnight.

“Formula” F1 is what the name implies, although it’s fairly dated.

Arrow Emblem Grand Prix is another F1 anime, but even more dated.

What’s Up Mechadock just received a fresh translation and rerelease by HiDive, it’s a mixed bag with a lot of delinquent humor, but features multiple forms of racing including drag racing. It’s early 80s TV, so also a bit dated.
Feb 24, 2020 11:07 PM
Aug 2013
Redline
Oban star racers
Speed racer
F-zero
Tailenders
Trava fist planet
Neo tokyo
Bari bari densetsu
~AnimeDownUnder~

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 5 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
3 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
3 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
4 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.