Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that started out with potential only to be a disappointment.

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 19, 2020 6:08 AM

Dec 2019
Sing Yesterday for me, was a anime i really enjoyed for a few episodes until they started to introduce this one character that is annoying his whole screentime. The story was thrash for the rest of the anime too and the end felt rushed
Sep 19, 2020 6:19 AM

Jul 2015
Beatless had a very good premise and started interesting. It devolved into incomprehensible cluster*uck of a story.
Irodoku had amazing visuals, but characters had either no personality, or were completely uninteresting. Also, lirerally nothing happened in 13 episodes.
Arifureta was postponed for over a year, so there is not really an excuse for this awful CG and cut of important content. It was a disappointment because Hajine is really interesting character and even Bunny hoe evolved from annoying cunt to respectable ewiru.
Tokyo Ghoul goes without saying.
Shokugeki should have ended after season 3.
Grisaia should have ended after trilogy. Without Yuuji, this show is unwatchable.

Sep 19, 2020 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
Deca-Dance episode 1 had the potential for me to immerse myself into episode 2 came and all that chibi kid cartoon style robots slapped my immersion away, so it became an instant drop
Sep 19, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2020
Aldnoah Zero, Buddy Complex, and Babylon for sure
Sep 19, 2020 8:32 AM
Aug 2020
Tog And Gohs
Do i have to say any more?

Sep 19, 2020 9:06 AM

Aug 2018
SAO
I think the first season is very good right up until the fight against Kayaba, from there things went downhill, a very, very steep hill.
Same goes for alicization imo, can't quite place my finger on where exactly this one went bad, the administrator fight maybe? Before that? Idk

Darling in the franxx
We don't talk about that.

Soul eater
I liked it enough to forgive the ending, but it really was a bad end.
Still a special anime to me, i'm very biased towards it...

GATE
My god the wasted potential!
Adult m.c.!
Politics!
Actual military!
When i read the synopsis and saw our tech shredding dragons, i thought: ''That's gonna be anime of the year'' NOPE! HARD NOPE!
Its a very generic loli harem! WHY?
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 19, 2020 9:49 AM

Apr 2020
Sword Art Online had a pretty interesting concept
Sep 19, 2020 10:11 AM

Dec 2017
1. Aldnoah zero
2. SAO
3. BNHA (every season is worse than the former)
4. Haikyuu - karasuno vs shiratorizawa (probs the most overrated sequel i have seen, its way too underwhelming compared to S2) and onwards.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Sep 19, 2020 10:39 AM

Nov 2014
gate. that show was "fine" at its premise but from episode 2-3 its a total mess that i don't like. can't even bring myself to watch season 2
Sep 19, 2020 11:03 AM

Jan 2015
I'd say Aldnoah zero and Blood Lad, the ending disappointed me.
Sep 19, 2020 11:14 AM

Aug 2018
Recently, Orange. The first few episodes were good, but it went downhill from there. The movie, Orange: Mirai, is even worse. Half hour recap with some new scenes, I guess.
Sep 19, 2020 11:31 AM

Feb 2017
Yozakura quartet, Darling in the franxx, Babylon, Yozakura quartet, gangsta, , Gunslinger girl teatrino, Yozakura quartet, Casshern sins, Yozakura quartet, Hamatora, Yozakura quartet, Bounen no xamdou and Noein: Mou hitori no kimi e...

Honorific mention: Yozakura quartet

I didn't watch Aldnoah Zero, Should I have watch it? Sawano's music is gold

Andres_creigSep 19, 2020 11:35 AM
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Sep 19, 2020 12:14 PM

Apr 2020
High School of the Dead, SoulEater, Fire Force, Infinite Stratos, Demon Slayer, Akame ga Kill, Sword Art Online, Elfen Lied- all of these had amazing ideas for an anime, but the execution turned out to be shit for me to watch.

It always comes down to either the storytelling/execution or the characters that make the anime into a total bust. Most of the time it ends up being both.
Sep 19, 2020 1:18 PM

Sep 2016
I see a lot of recurring titles here. Amusing consider how many 10/10s there are among those :D

That said:

- Gangsta. Was very good, until ep 8 or 9 when the killing bullshit started, and then episode 12 just cuts randomly in the middle of something.

- Both Chuunibyou and Haganai. S2 ruined everything. For the first, I still have to watch the movie. I wonder if it will fix anything...
bruh
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 4 minutes ago

0 by MillerEvans23 »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Maou_heika »»
12 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

74 by Kruszer »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 46 minutes ago

2 by KayKimii »»
24 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Today

24 by Toooooooooohru »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.