Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 17, 2020 7:29 PM

Oct 2018
Steins;Gate: Boring as fuck first half that leads to a payoff 2nd half. It shouldn't be boring in the first place.

Mob Psycho: I have nothing against Mob. The animation is good but it doesn't suit my taste. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a bunch of flashing lights and the same goddamn track playing in every fight scene.

LotGH: The poster child show for every elitist hipster cocksucker. I don't feel like investing my time in 40+ eps on a show regardless of how good it is later on. Same for Black Clover.

Seven Deadly Sins: I don't even hate the show. I feel nothing but pity for the fans catching up to the current season and the show itself.

Fate/Stay Night UBW: Shirou is a bitch. Zero was leagues better.

Any show with a harem. After the garbage that is Bokuben...just no. Never again.

Jan 17, 2020 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:
Mononoke looks like colourful vomit with horrible character design and the message of the first two episodes really yikes-ed me out.

Honest question: I can't remember that anymore. What was it? I just know I like its weirdness all in all / found it interesting.

ThousandCuts said:

LotGH: The poster child show for every elitist hipster cocksucker. I don't feel like investing my time in 40+ eps on a show regardless of how good it is later on. Same for Black Clover.

How could you hate something you don't even know? Maybe some hipster like it, because they are hipster. Maybe you might genuinely like it nonetheless.
Avoiding something because of personal reasons, everyone does that. But hating on something you don't even know, srsly?

removed-userJan 17, 2020 7:45 PM
Jan 17, 2020 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
Some that was or is popular or "critical" well-regarded stuff:
Chobits: Holy shit how is that okay? That was one of the most awful lovestories I know. He is an otaku that literally installs a (for him) perfect personality in his waifu. She has no personality on her own and the mind of a little kind. Everything she is, is made by him wtf
Dragonball: That is just awful in many aspects, be it plot, characters, battles... incredibly repetitive.
Junjou Romantica: Poor llttle me felt very disturbed when I was watching it with like 14.
Elfen Lied: Is it still popular? I dunno. But feels like an emo teenager has written it.
Mirai Nikki: Dropped soon, same reasons.
Devilman Crybaby: Oof was also too much in many ways.
Death Note: Kinda liked it. 1st half was better or pretty good, 2nd half was dragged out and kind of a copy.
Steins;Gate: Kinda liked it, but then most characters became annoying the overall atmosphere was just... I didn't like that so much that it lives up to its hype for me.
Goblin Slayer: No, not because of the first episode. The whole thing had some dumb fanservice. I couldn't care for anyone in the group too much, but some dungeon adventures had been okay.
Maid-sama: Abusive man-hating tsundere, Gary Stue love interest, dumb comedy, too many episodes for too little plot.
Toradora: Similar reasons.
No Game, no Life: Should have been a good parody, but I couldn't like it for different reasons.
Black Butler: Utter cringe and could have been a lot better, if it wasn't written so ... cringey.
Vampire Knight: Teenage girl fantasy, but I even didn't like it back then.
One Punch Man: Repetitive comedy, got through the first season but won't do the 2nd.
Overlord: Got bored quickly, he felt too much like a power fantasy.
Shield Hero: No motivation to continue.
Sword Art Online: 1st half was average to me, 2nd half was pretty bad, tgen I saw the movie that was quite okay. Kirito and his harem were just uninteresting.
7 Deadly Sins: Gave up on it quickly.
Fairy Tail, Black Clover, Naruto, Bleach & One Piece: Same.
Nichijou, Azumanga Daioh and these other two, the newer ones, Asobi Asobase and the other one: Didn't like the humor.
Jojo & Gintama: Really not for me.
Serial Experiments Lain: Yes I was just bored. Call me dumb or whatever lol I was so glad I finally finished it.
Same with Texhnolyze, although I didn't finish it at all.
removed-userJan 17, 2020 8:49 PM
Jan 17, 2020 8:46 PM
Nov 2014
Gonna say something really controversial, I don't like Neon Genesis Evangelion, the anime had such a good start for me and the ending didn't make any sense.

The sudden shift from actual characters doing things to it just being an acid trip feels imbalanced. The hidden meanings and open interpretation people have feel so forced, I even tried watching the movies and it was a mess of metaphors just like the anime.

And one last thing,

Get in the damn robot Shinji.
Jan 18, 2020 1:12 AM

Jul 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:
Mononoke looks like colourful vomit with horrible character design and the message of the first two episodes really yikes-ed me out.

Honest question: I can't remember that anymore. What was it? I just know I like its weirdness all in all / found it interesting.

It's been a while for me as well, but if I remember right, the first two episodes are all about this brothel that forced all the workers there to get abortions, but it frames the abortions as this weird demonic ritual you're supposed to be scared of which isn't really a framing I agree with in the real world so... yeah
Jan 18, 2020 1:20 AM
Jul 2018
I really hate Gintama. It's so boring...

Jan 18, 2020 4:16 AM
Oct 2016
Haikyuu, Gurren Lagan, HxH, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Assassination Classroom, Durarara.

I don't really hate them, but i find them extremely over-hyped.
Jan 18, 2020 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
these anime suck tbh

angel beats
anohana
overlord
Jan 20, 2020 11:28 PM
Dec 2018
I dont understand how jojo is good and how can clannad 2nd season be in the top 10 most popular anime for being so damn sad
Feb 9, 2020 3:24 PM

Oct 2019
Great Teacher Onizuka. The first episode was enough for me to drop it. I hate the main character.
Feb 9, 2020 3:29 PM
Jan 2017
i didnt hate it but i had no emotional connection to your lie in april.. just found it really boring

also, kakegurui made uncomfortable so i dropped an never looked back
not_a_dog_woofFeb 9, 2020 3:33 PM
Feb 9, 2020 4:13 PM

Feb 2020
I tried both Re:Zero and Rising of the Shield Hero and they both fell flat for me. Re:Zero in particular was so boring, I couldn't care for the main character. I think the premise of him dying repeatedly stunted my interest in the story's progression which already felt like it was moving at a glacial pace. Also, his aloof personality is off-putting to me.

Rising of the Shield Hero started interesting, although at one point it felt like it was like he was a bitter MGTOW type person (lol), but he thankfully proved that he distrusts royalty, not women. But, it kinda became cliche and I dropped it around the time the squirrel-girl refused to kill the man who tortured her and when the little girls started to overpopulate the cast, making it one of those animes that relies on gender-pervy humor too much.

The thing I hated the most about this anime was that it completely wasted the chance to keep Naofumi and the squirrel-girl's relationship familial. You don't see (or I don't) too many animes like that. In the early episodes he felt like Cable from the X-Men, raising Hope Summers.

A father-daughter relationship—the unsung dynamic. They went and ruined it by having her age up to be a love interest. Of course they did. That was the point where I knew my interest in the anime was gonna drop like a brick, and it did, lol.
LustboiFeb 9, 2020 4:28 PM
Feb 9, 2020 4:42 PM

May 2016
There are few anime I outright hate, and most of those are not all that popular. The three anime that come closest to popular that I absolutely hate would be Sword Gai, Detroit Metal City, and No Game, No Life Zero (the movie).

As far as actually popular anime, the ones I come closest to disliking are Afro Samurai and Mob Psycho 100.

There are, however, plenty of anime I don't particularly like or dislike, but feel there are highly overrated. These would include Inuyasha, Madoka Magica, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Paprika, Millennium Actress, Gundam Wing, Akame Ga Kill, Gurren Lagaan, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, And Fate/stay night just to name a few.
If you disagree with any thoughts or opinions expressed in the above post, you're wrong and I hate you forever!
Feb 9, 2020 5:39 PM
Aug 2016
I’d have to say fate/zero. Really wasn’t my cup of tea. I didn’t feel any connections to the characters or the lore. It seemed to drag on with useless conversation.
Feb 12, 2020 12:31 AM

Aug 2017
Haibane Renmei: Easily the worst legendary anime of all time. Boring as hell.
Beastars: It started well but the logic at the end is so dumb. I don't see why it's so high rated.
Feb 12, 2020 12:34 AM

Aug 2017
ThousandCuts said:

Seven Deadly Sins: I don't even hate the show. I feel nothing but pity for the fans catching up to the current season and the show itself.

Man...I'm catching up through the second season right now. But, I see that score for the third season, a 6.19...is it really THAT bad?
Feb 12, 2020 12:45 AM

Feb 2017
kill la kill
konosuba
miss kobayashi's dragon maid
blue exorcist

at least in my experience i generally see these rated well but i couldn't stand them

myfigurecollection / steam / instagram
❝it repeats again; a flashback, the buzzing cicadas...
and you, who will never come back.❞
Feb 12, 2020 12:48 AM

Nov 2017
gonna get hate for this but demon slayer didn't really stuck well with me.
Feb 12, 2020 12:49 AM

Dec 2015
Steins;Gate - The story was overall boring and the characters unlikable (Can't wait for someone to crucify me)

The Rising of the Shield Hero - Basically same reasons as Lustboi
Lustboi said:
Rising of the Shield Hero started interesting, although at one point it felt like it was like he was a bitter MGTOW type person (lol), but he thankfully proved that he distrusts royalty, not women. But, it kinda became cliche and I dropped it around the time the squirrel-girl refused to kill the man who tortured her and when the little girls started to overpopulate the cast, making it one of those animes that relies on gender-pervy humor too much.
Feb 12, 2020 12:49 AM

Aug 2018
Injenss said:
ThousandCuts said:

Man...I'm catching up through the second season right now. But, I see that score for the third season, a 6.19...is it really THAT bad?
The story of NNT was never great.It's just a power fantasy at its core.The only thing which carried the show were it's visuals and high octane action during its battle scenes.
A-1 pictures dropped the series after the underperformance of the movie.Studio Deen picked it up.The third season has garbage visuals,bad character designs, stupid censorship and no animation.Meliodas vs Escanor was animated very badly.If you take out action out of an action anime,you would get shit.It's the case with NNT s3.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

65 by FanofAction »»
9 seconds ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

15 by Toooooooooohru »»
52 seconds ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

9 by Toooooooooohru »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

23 by Toooooooooohru »»
20 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

32 by Dauphine »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.