Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 2, 2019 3:56 AM

Nov 2017
TheVenom said:
Vilkku92 said:
If anything I feel the opposite: that people have too low expectations! I feel like I've seen more people who just kind of disregard animation all together because it's all about "the story" and characters", when I personally find animation to be important in actually telling the story and developing the characters. I remember seeing more people telling others to not be so critical and to be grateful that we're even getting any anime at all than I've seen the opposite, when I'd personally prefer to spend my limited time watching the good stuff rather than the mediocre stuff. I sometimes wonder if people truly understand the fact that the anime industry is, in fact, an industry, made up of businesses trying to make money with their products just like the film or video game industries, and that we aren't obligated to give them a free pass on bad products.

Of course, I don't actually know which kind of people are more prevalent. I probably have some kind of confirmation bias here since I generally appreciate critical examination of the things you watch, even though I'm actually rather easy to please when it comes to anime. I don't think it's wrong to dislike a show because the art and animation didn't live up to your expectations, since there are as many ways to like something as there are people experiencing it.

Tell me.Do you invest money into anime ? Do you buy figurines , bluerays , merch ?

Yes, I do. I don't pirate things I can obtain legally.
Dec 2, 2019 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
Peaceful_Critic said:
TheVenom said:

Art style. Point is it wasn't ruined because of diff art style, but people only know how to complain.
Ah, okay, I'm going to piss you off because I agree with the people who you had in mind when making this thread. Yeah, comparing the two I can see why someone would complain about the new art style:

I mean fanservice scenes probably aren't nearly as good. The clothes aren't as conforming since there are fewer wrinkles in the new. The old has more strands of hair along with shine being put on each which makes the hair better looking. Not to mention, the brighter colors are more childlike in effect and lighter shading is weaker in emphasizing certain parts of the art. The eyes almost lost all its contrast as the black was needed to bring out the whites, so that also got considerably worse.
The art style looks way different in all the wrong ways and is inferior when it comes to sex appeal WHICH is important for an ecchi btw. It may not ruin the whole show, but that wasn't them nitpicking.

No you wont piss me off. Its you opinion and way of doing things. Main difference is because I don't really invest myself into anime like you obviously do. Thats why I dont care if art style changes. Anime is just like watching TV show for me. Its a way to kill time. Yeah but was the show unwatchable ? Was it really that bad as people say, answer is NO. Yeah its different, I also agree old art style was better, but I wont trash talk or bas an anime just because of that. I always look for overall enjoyment I had watching any show. I enjoyed new season of Highschool DxD as much as I enjoyed last seasons. Reason why is simple. Its boobs and a bit of plot. Its anime for chill time, it aint Death Note were I had to stay on my toes all the time and make my brain work so I can figure out stuff. I think its more about how we approach anime, you like to invest yourself into it, I dont.
Dec 2, 2019 4:36 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
most of the people who spend all day whining about how "garbage" they think most things are and or that stuff needs to change to cater towards them never actually do anything to support what they're bitching about even if a change is made
Dec 2, 2019 4:41 PM

Feb 2015
after watching Miles-chan anime adaptation? I already knew I won't bother with the anime studio
Dec 2, 2019 5:59 PM

Jul 2015
EcchiGodMamster said:
most of the people who spend all day whining about how "garbage" they think most things are and or that stuff needs to change to cater towards them never actually do anything to support what they're bitching about even if a change is made

*bathes in tons of great manga and anime reeditions while people watch crappy seasonals* Excuse me, what were you saying?
Dec 3, 2019 6:50 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deathko said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

*bathes in tons of great manga and anime reeditions while people watch crappy seasonals* Excuse me, what were you saying?

i said MOST of the people.... congratulations if you're an exception, i mean, theres such thing as exceptions
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

7 by Jonas-K »»
1 minute ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 4 hours ago

11 by traed »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 1 hour ago

6 by Serafos »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

67 by AzafuseKingTora »»
12 minutes ago

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

41 by Maou_heika »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.