Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2019 9:50 PM

Aug 2018
I grew up watching the first run of the anime in the '80s dubbed into French. Obsessed with the show. Collected the action figures, did the sticker books; the whole bit. Dragon Shiryu was my favorite, and Aquarius Camus my favorite Gold Saint.

I'm actually really happy they've decided to remake this and KEEP as much as they have. Sure, the name changes bother me, but for all the complaining about them fighting a modern army, let's be honest and admit the battle vs. the black saints wasn't the strongest arc of the original series.

If they adapt the Sanctuary arc WITHOUT rushing it like the movie did, I'll be a very happy camper.
Set SCE to AUX
Aug 10, 2019 7:33 PM
Sep 2017
No,you aren't. There is just 2 points that make old fans hating this reboot.

1. The CGI(which isn't that bad,isn't like the Sanctuary movie,but it is good.) SS fans and anime fans in general,aren't comfortable with CGI animation. Just see Berserk 2016 and you will know why.

2. The story in this one is straight to the point,fans are confusing it with a rushed story line. It would be rushed if it was the same thing of 1986 show. But come on,it's a whole new adaptation for a new age. You can not push the 80's style today,a lot of people don't really enjoy old anime.

Sanctuary arc will be adapted in the second season,after the six next episodes that will come. As the director told us.
Aug 10, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2018
AlexandreFreitas said:
Sanctuary arc will be adapted in the second season,after the six next episodes that will come. As the director told us.

That's great news! I just finished ep.6 and with the inclusion of Virgo Shaka, they kind of have to get to his confrontation with Phoenix in the Sanctuary arc.......

I'm really surprised with how much I'm enjoying this. I'm OK with the CGI. And the story doesn't feel rushed or drawn out, but just right.
Set SCE to AUX
Aug 11, 2019 5:47 PM
Sep 2017
Spaceship said:
AlexandreFreitas said:

That's great news! I just finished ep.6 and with the inclusion of Virgo Shaka, they kind of have to get to his confrontation with Phoenix in the Sanctuary arc.......

I'm really surprised with how much I'm enjoying this. I'm OK with the CGI. And the story doesn't feel rushed or drawn out, but just right.

Dude,when Shaka appeared I just felt that hype. Imagine when Gemini appear,maybe in the end of episode 12. It will get me so hyped for a second season that I think I'll die xD

I agree with you.
Aug 11, 2019 7:16 PM

Aug 2018
AlexandreFreitas said:
Dude,when Shaka appeared I just felt that hype. Imagine when Gemini appear,maybe in the end of episode 12. It will get me so hyped for a second season that I think I'll die xD

Yeah I got really excited when Shaka appeared too. It seems like they're trying to tie various arcs together better with this series than the original. Like Cassios' appearance, vs. in the original where he

Yeah I can't wait to see how they'll handle Andromeda's fight with Gemini, or Dragon's fight with Cancer (esp. since it was one of the creepiest parts of the original series).

Any word on when the next 6 episodes will drop?
Set SCE to AUX
Aug 19, 2019 7:14 PM
Sep 2017
Well,it happened because they followed the manga straight in the episode,just changed some dialogues to fit the adaptations they made. It was 99% like it.

It would be great to see Cassios more before Seiya vs Aiolia fight. In a rival role,off course.

I don't when,but I bet it will be in September maybe October. Netflix is also puting the original show in their catologue,so they're like playing with two cards here.
Sep 1, 2019 2:53 AM
May 2018
I dipped my toes into 1986 TVA version of this arc last December, and I've viewed the new series as both it's own thing and in comparison to the 1986 TVA. It's not as great as the original on some aspects, but it more than makes up for it with others (some of the 'comedy' got a chuckle out of me and the CGI models look gorgeous even if the animation is stilted at times). It's a new adaptation for a new age, and because I heard the original is coming too, I hope it's not just a rumor and I can finish the show without a VPN that way.

(and WHY TF IS ONLY SHUN A GIRL, THIS WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE IF THEY ALSO MADE ONE OF THE GOLD SAINTS FEMALE OR SOMETHING)
Sep 1, 2019 7:19 PM

Aug 2018
KJNanika said:
I dipped my toes into 1986 TVA version of this arc last December, and I've viewed the new series as both it's own thing and in comparison to the 1986 TVA. It's not as great as the original on some aspects, but it more than makes up for it with others (some of the 'comedy' got a chuckle out of me and the CGI models look gorgeous even if the animation is stilted at times). It's a new adaptation for a new age, and because I heard the original is coming too, I hope it's not just a rumor and I can finish the show without a VPN that way.

(and WHY TF IS ONLY SHUN A GIRL, THIS WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE IF THEY ALSO MADE ONE OF THE GOLD SAINTS FEMALE OR SOMETHING)

I agree it's kind of apples to oranges to compare the original to this adaptation in many ways. I like the way the plot is streamlined, but you're right, the animation leaves a little bit to be desired (the lip movements in particular).

Re:Shaun being the only girl, in the recent Legend of Sanctuary movie

Personally I've no issue with the change in the new series; I think it adds an interesting angle to the story.
Set SCE to AUX
Jan 25, 2020 5:03 PM
Jul 2013
This adaptation is what got me into Saint Seiya. I really love the story, I always have loved Greek legends and anime with a lot of action. I plan to watch the original soon.
Apr 21, 2023 7:23 AM

Apr 2010
I rewatched older series before Netflix adaptation and I'm not hating this work from Netflix. It lacks the emotional drama from the original and it has a lot of weak storytelling (no explanation for Castalia/Shania's mask, no relevance for the hate between Marin and Seiya, and a lot more). But it's modernized to a new audience and that is what's working from this series. Not bad, not terrible, just mild. I will always think the original is way better than the new series (by far) but I accept this vision and even some of the changes. The Shun/Shaun gender change doesn't bother me too much, except for the narrative about masks. The new character of Gureen is not that bad, and I think some of the best moments are included so far. I'm only at the end of Season 1 though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 12 Discussion

Joycdonnell - Jan 26, 2020

4 by luskets »»
Jan 1, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 11 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 4:05 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 10 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 3:01 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 9 Discussion

deg - Jan 29, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 2:26 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 8 Discussion

deg - Jan 29, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.