Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2019 10:36 PM
Sep 2018
User ID

I realized that the users are only identified by their Username, but I believe that it should have an ID system, which the ID would be composed of random numbers and letters, which the user could not modify, I think ID and Username would work better that only Username, I say this because bc, after using MyAnimeList for a while I realized that after you change your Username, all links with your old Username are expired / stop working until you put your new Username in them (eg favorites the browser with my profile / animelist, MAL Graph), and it would also make it easier to find users in my opinion. But without changing the current username system!
Jul 22, 2019 10:46 AM

Oct 2014
very nice idea but every user already has a user id. There are ways to find the user id but the only one I remember so far is by opening your profile image and looking at the URL, it's the number after /userimages/ part.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Jul 22, 2019 11:19 AM

Jun 2017
Iizbakaokay said:
very nice idea but every user already has a user id. There are ways to find the user id but the only one I remember so far is by opening your profile image and looking at the URL, it's the number after /userimages/ part.
Wow, I didn't knew that after all these years.

One way for all profiles: "Report" button has the id (https://myanimelist.net/modules.php?go=report&type=profile&id=NUM)

Another way is checking/clicking "All Comments" at any profile that hasn't disabled the comments or use "Com-to-Com"
mhkrJul 22, 2019 11:43 AM
Jul 22, 2019 11:23 AM

Oct 2014
mhkr said:
Iizbakaokay said:
Wow, I didn't knew that after all this years.
Another way is checking/clicking "All Comments" at any profile that has enough comments or use "Com-to-Com"
ahh right, completely forgot about com-to-com section.

While we're at it, I had a hunch that you can get it via export function as well. Just go to any of your lists, click export to get a compressed downloadable xml file. The number right before .xml is your userid.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Mar 31, 2021 3:48 AM

Sep 2017
2 years late but you can also see the ID by clicking on the friend request button
خ
Mar 31, 2021 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
Cool! I'll check it out.
May 26, 2022 8:30 AM
May 2022
Incredible how people keep looking for the info of this post ((myself by example)) Thank you for the info ^^

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

5 by vasipi4946 »»
31 minutes ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
Yesterday, 6:03 PM

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.