Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 21, 10:36 PM
User ID

I realized that the users are only identified by their Username, but I believe that it should have an ID system, which the ID would be composed of random numbers and letters, which the user could not modify, I think ID and Username would work better that only Username, I say this because bc, after using MyAnimeList for a while I realized that after you change your Username, all links with your old Username are expired / stop working until you put your new Username in them (eg favorites the browser with my profile / animelist, MAL Graph), and it would also make it easier to find users in my opinion. But without changing the current username system!

Jul 22, 10:46 AM

very nice idea but every user already has a user id. There are ways to find the user id but the only one I remember so far is by opening your profile image and looking at the URL, it's the number after /userimages/ part.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.

Jul 22, 11:19 AM

Iizbakaokay said:
very nice idea but every user already has a user id. There are ways to find the user id but the only one I remember so far is by opening your profile image and looking at the URL, it's the number after /userimages/ part.
Wow, I didn't knew that after all these years.

One way for all profiles: "Report" button has the id (https://myanimelist.net/modules.php?go=report&type=profile&id=NUM)

Another way is checking/clicking "All Comments" at any profile that hasn't disabled the comments or use "Com-to-Com"
Modified by mhkr, Jul 22, 11:43 AM

Jul 22, 11:23 AM

mhkr said:
Iizbakaokay said:
Wow, I didn't knew that after all this years.
Another way is checking/clicking "All Comments" at any profile that has enough comments or use "Com-to-Com"
ahh right, completely forgot about com-to-com section.

While we're at it, I had a hunch that you can get it via export function as well. Just go to any of your lists, click export to get a compressed downloadable xml file. The number right before .xml is your userid.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.