Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2019 4:39 PM

Jan 2018
First of all, whats the best place to read manga online? Maybe some sort of subscription service that you can just read what you want, when you want.

Alright, I have watched a pretty decent amount of anime. The one thing that has kept me from reading manga is that I just don't want to it to "spoil" things that may get an anime. I love being an anime only because the shows are just more interesting to me. At the same time though, I want to maybe try and get into reading manga. So... can I get some recommendations for manga that does not have an anime adaptation or just has a really bad anime adaptation that doesn't do it justice. Thanks
Anime is pretty neat.
Jul 9, 2019 4:43 PM

Jun 2019
Umm I recommend buying manga to support the author but you can use websites such as

https://mangakakalot.com/page
https://mangarock.com/
Jul 9, 2019 6:14 PM

Sep 2018
You should definitely read Berserk. No good adaptation. Even the 1997 adaptation doesn't do it justice because the art in the manga is SO GOOD. Much better than the visuals in the anime.
20th Century Boys
Vagabond
Komi-san

There is a lot more. IDK which ones you would like.
Jul 9, 2019 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
MangaRock is pretty good, but it's mobile only. Make sure you download the Definitive version tho.
For PC, you can try searching it up online.

As for recommendations, well, it depends on the things you like. Just quote this post and list the things you like (genres, tropes, etc.), and I'll give recs.
removed-userJul 9, 2019 8:00 PM
Jul 9, 2019 9:01 PM

Jan 2018
Gythia said:
MangaRock is pretty good, but it's mobile only. Make sure you download the Definitive version tho.

As for recommendations, well, it depends on the things you like. Just quote this post and list the things you like (genres, tropes, etc.), and I'll give recs.

I like pretty much anything that isn’t mystery. Romance more than anything else.
Anime is pretty neat.
Jul 10, 2019 1:20 AM
Jul 2018
Sedonis said:
Gythia said:

I like pretty much anything that isn’t mystery. Romance more than anything else.

14-sai no Koi
Our Precious Conversations
Horimiya
Please don't bully me, Nagatoro
We Can't Learn
Love and Lies
Domestic Girlfriend
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Wotakoi
Bonnouji
Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai
HajiOtsu
Hibi Chouchou
Hitorimi Haduki-san to.
I"s
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku
Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou (borderline Hentai)
Kuragehime
Kuzu no Honkai
Masamune-kun no Revenge
Nozoki Ana (borderline Hentai)
Sakamichi no Apollon
Tokidoki (Oneshot)
Watashitachi no Shiawase Jikan

I have some others, but they have obscure tags you don't usually see in Romance stories (e.g. Psychological, Gender Bender) so I wasn't sure if you'll like them. I also excluded LGBT stories (Shoujo Ai, Shounen Ai, Yuri, Yaoi)
Jul 10, 2019 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
Velvet Kiss. That's how i started out.
Jul 10, 2019 7:52 PM

Jul 2017
Best place I'd say is Mangarock to read online, it has a pretty big catalog plus you can access other sources like Kissmanga and such all encompassed into 1. You can also try Crunchyroll's manga site, as they tend to release updates quicker than most if not all non-legal sites, but they have a very limited catalog

As for recommendations, starting with the 2nd request, Tokyo Ghoul is the first that will obviously be pointed out. The adaptation in no way does the manga justice. ReLIFE I also found let the manga down at least with the OVA since they cut out pretty much the best arc in the entire series. There's also Akame ga Kill which is pretty different from the anime in terms of character fates, but I do find the anime ending to be done better. I'd also recommend gag shows like Gekkan Shoujo and D-Frag, even though the anime are faithful to the source, you aren't gonna spoil too much reading ahead

For the 1st request, given how you said you like romance more, some good suggestions would be (quoted from an older post):

Short_Circut said:
100-makai no Suki o Ageru
7-jikanme no Note
Alcohol is for Married Couples
Atsumori-kun no Oyomesan
Game: Suit no Sukima
Fechippuru ~Our Innocent Love~
Hadi Girl
Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai
Haru was Watashi wo Baka ni Suru
Horimiya
Honey come Honey
House of the Sun
Houkago was Kissaten de
I'm Around 30 and Finally in Love
I'm in love with you Forever
In/Spectre
Kimi ga Kirai na Koi no Hanashi
Kimi ni Koishite Ii desu ka
You Are Dirty, My Queen and Love on the Job like @changelog mentioned
Kiss ni Juuzoku
Koi no Mizu Kudasai
Mata, Kata Omou
Miniamaru Kareshi
My Wife is Niizuma-chan
My Boyfriend in Orange
Musashi-kun to Murayama-san
Okite Kudasai Kusakabe-san
No Guard Wife
Nenene
Pashiri na Boku to Koi suru Banchou
Risouteki Boyfriend
Shiwa
Suki x Suki
Suki ni Naranai yo senapi
Tonari wa Nani o Kuu Hito zo
Tonikaku Kawaii
Wake up Sleeping Beauty
Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen
We May be an inexperienced Couple but...
Anoko no Toriko
Because Your Always by my Side
Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo

Bolded ones have couples forming early on/already formed, but all of them have some sort of romantic conclusion (at least the ones that are finished that is). Some of these you won't find on MAL database though

Most of these are unlikely to get anime adaptations in the first place due to their length, but you never know

Jul 11, 2019 5:57 AM

Feb 2018
Sedonis said:
First of all, whats the best place to read manga online? Maybe some sort of subscription service that you can just read what you want, when you want.

Alright, I have watched a pretty decent amount of anime. The one thing that has kept me from reading manga is that I just don't want to it to "spoil" things that may get an anime. I love being an anime only because the shows are just more interesting to me. At the same time though, I want to maybe try and get into reading manga. So... can I get some recommendations for manga that does not have an anime adaptation or just has a really bad anime adaptation that doesn't do it justice. Thanks

https://myanimelist.net/manga/112115/Act-age
https://myanimelist.net/manga/119161/Spy_x_Family
Jul 11, 2019 6:20 AM

Feb 2018
Mangafox is good
You should read trigun or Tokyo ghoul
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Jul 11, 2019 6:44 AM

More topics from this board

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
3 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

5 by MeguSae38 »»
4 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.