Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 1, 2019 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
So I know this is a kind of "What if" story from one of the

So is that it? What's the whole gimmick surrounding this? We get to meet a few other Magical Girls outside of the city we were shown in Season One right? Who are they and why are they important?
And did Kyuubey also make contracts with these girls as well? Or is it more of a Juubey-chan situation??

I have so many questions!!
Should I be hype about this you think? or is everything still a mystery to all the potential viewers right now at this point so none of you can really tell me for sure? Are the same people that were behind the 2011 anime still mostly behind this new extra season as well? does anyone know?
Mar 24, 2019 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
SuperMilk-chan said:
So is that it? What's the whole gimmick surrounding this? We get to meet a few other Magical Girls outside of the city we were shown in Season One right?

The context of the story isn't quite what it seems. That's all I can say without spoilers.
SuperMilk-chan said:
Should I be hype about this you think?

As far as hype goes, I would advise against setting your expectations too high. Some players enjoy the Magia Record game's main story; some players hate it. Personally, I find the main story passable, but not particularly good. As a magical girl story, it's at least functional, but as a Madoka franchise entry, it feels unfulfilling due to a lot of missed opportunities. That's how I feel about it, anyway.

The game's side stories are fun, but I doubt they'll be included in this adaptation.
StylizedPenguinMar 24, 2019 5:08 PM
Mar 30, 2019 11:14 AM

Nov 2012
You shouldn't. This isn't even mainline Madoka Magica, it's just a side-story adaption for a shitty mobile gacha game garbage.
Will probably be worth a popcorn binge as long as you constantly remind yourself that MagiReco is not, and never will be, Madoka Magica.
Apr 4, 2019 12:36 PM

Mar 2018
I play the game, i really love all the new girls, and just wanna see all the good job SHAFT and MadokaPartners its doing with this story. Madoka its Madoka and Magia Record its Magia Record isnt the same city or problems
May 27, 2019 7:57 AM
Jul 2018
AmMar-Sama said:
Good question. I have no idea why anyone would be hyped for this. Rather than introducing a dozen of the new magical girls nobody cares about, it would've been better to do a spin-off to develop the (pretty flat) old cast that we're familiar with - a la: The Different Story.

Btw, what's a Juubey-chan situation?

"develop the (pretty flat) old cast that we are familiar with"

I don't get it. How the hell is the holy quintet flat? They are pretty much developed and I feel like there is too much focus on the holy quintet more than other puella magis. The holy quintet is already done and I find it nice that SHAFT is moving on to the other puella magis. There is no reason to continue the story of the holy quintet.
May 27, 2019 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
AmMar-Sama said:
MahoShojoMaisoon said:

"develop the (pretty flat) old cast that we are familiar with"

I don't get it. How the hell is the holy quintet flat? They are pretty much developed and I feel like there is too much focus on the holy quintet more than other puella magis. The holy quintet is already done and I find it nice that SHAFT is moving on to the other puella magis. There is no reason to continue the story of the holy quintet.

I said spin-off, not a continuation. They are flat because we know almost nothing about them other than their relation to the plot.

You can play Battle Pentagram and PMMM Portable for that since there are different routes that lead to different endings.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

258 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

237 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 11:00 AM

» Is this necessary to watch?

theanimeviber - Feb 4

14 by kensu31 »»
Feb 11, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

108 by Hilel1982014h »»
Jan 16, 7:42 AM

» This is quite funny

official_brown - Jun 10, 2022

16 by jedman »»
Jul 5, 2023 3:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.