Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2019 11:24 AM
Oct 2018
Don't know if im the only one but i really believed sakura was in love in with haruki and i got disappointed through out the movie as i learned that she doesn't see him as a friend nor a lover... Really? Words can't define it? it just felt like she was denying her love for him.
After that scene in the her room, it became confusing, makes you start wondering maybe she doesn't actually love him?? Afterwards i started hoping she actually was is in live but didn't want to make it so hard for him when she dies, but i wanted her to write in the diary at least, speaking of whichit was a bit too short.. And why read it in front of her mom...? Go somewhere alone.
I only mentioned the points that i didn't like, it still was a great movie for me

So yeah how do you see their relationship? Was it for you that way ? anything you wanted to change about it?
SenpaiYoYoMar 9, 2020 2:26 AM
Feb 19, 2019 4:17 PM

Dec 2016
"Also the diary was a bit too short.. And why read it in front of her mom? Go somewhere deserted where we can cry just us viewers and you.."
Actually true, made me laugh.

I, aswell, would take that as love from both side, but Sakura probably took that boy (too lazy to search his name) as someone she could confess to, a "best friend" (?).

Can't be described by words for sure, that's nonsense.

If i could change something that would basically be it, make that relationship love and not something else, not really original for sure but that would've been easily understandable/easy to get at least.
(sorry if i did english mistakes / things that arn't understandable)
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Apr 11, 2019 10:40 PM

Sep 2013
Honestly, I'm fine with there not being a definite romantic "love" dynamic between them. It has been done so many times and I'm not sure it work very well here in terms of realisticness. If you look at what sakura said in her dairy and keeping in mind the circumstances of how they met, I think sakura was just relieved to have accidentally revealed her secret to a complete stranger. This sense of burden was lifted off of her when she was around haruki, which made
him a good option to do bucket list stuff with. Yes, they developed a great amount of care for each other, but I don't think that always has to mean they love each other romantically.
Apr 12, 2019 9:23 PM

Feb 2013
Wow I just watched it and it was so heartbreaking, esp the last page where she is excited to be getting discharged from the hospital like yaaaaaayy omg T . T
Apr 13, 2019 8:23 AM
Dec 2012
I will explain about " she doesn't see him as a friend nor a lover". Its because of their names, sakura and haruki. In japanese is 桜 means cherry blossoms and 春木 means spring and tree. They are already one set, there is no words to describe them both together anymore. cherry blossoms and tree in a spring are not friends nor love.

I watched raw, not sure if its written in the subs or not.
May 28, 2019 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
You don't get her motives for spending so much time with Haruki. She could never be herself infront of anybody. Either she could feel normalcy with her friends or she would be enveloped in the utter reality of her disease and the limited time she had left.

Their relationship is quite complex because due to Haruki's personality, she's allowed to live a normal life along with having the sense of her reality of her disease cling to her constantly as a reminder.

So it's not exactly love, I think it's more like a secret keeper. They were tied together because of her secret.

The movie's incredibly subtle with development and the dialogue is pretty well thought out. So it's not as simple as a movie as I thought it was going to be.
Mar 2, 2020 12:00 PM
Oct 2018
SenpaiYoYo said:
I want to discuss with you guys about the relationship between the two and how the concluded
Don't know if im the only one but i really believed sakura was in love in with haruki and i got disappointed through out the movie as i learned that she doesn't see him as a friend nor a lover... Like really? Words can't define it? Seemed like love, i just didn't like the idea that maybe she was denying her love for him.
After the bed scene, when it become confusing, and youbstart wondering maybe she doesn't actually love him?? what i started hoping after that scene was that she would love him back but hide it... But then also she will write it in her diary and explain like why she didn't want him to know (that it would be more painful after her death or something like that) so we can get that river of tears alongside haruki as he reads, stuff like :
"i never felt so alive as when im with, I will truly treasure our moments together ."
"When im with you... i completely forget that im ill... even though it makes it harder after you leave... Remembering that i only have a couple of months left... Causing me to cry to sleep... Even though all, i still want you to stay by my side... At least for what i have left of days.. "
And of course at the end aishteru.

Also the diary was a bit too short.. And why read it in front of her mom? Go somewhere deserted where we can cry just us viewers and you..

I only wrote what i didn't like (there 's tons of stuff i loved and i was hopping too give this movie at least a 9 cause i really enjoyed it, what sakura meant too him, those heart worming moment together...)

So yeah how do you see their relationship? Was it for you that way ? anything you wanted to change about it?

Sounds like you are trying to make the movie as cliche as possible.
Apr 30, 2020 3:09 PM

Mar 2014
She liked him very much (tendential to love) in the end, she even wrote in her diary that she want to eat Haru's pancreas. It's another way to say "i like you". Strange, huh? It's my interpretation.

Also in her diary she wrote that she is curious about one guy that always read a book. She was always, atleast, interested in him who he is. Then she learnt to know him.

ABDoesThings said:
She could never be herself infront of anybody. Either she could feel normalcy with her friends or she would be enveloped in the utter reality of her disease and the limited time she had left.

Their relationship is quite complex because due to Haruki's personality, she's allowed to live a normal life along with having the sense of her reality of her disease cling to her constantly as a reminder.

Full points! She could never be herself with her best friend(s) since she knows her friends would "over care" her. Hence her best friend would leave the school club or cancel any school activities for her. And she never wanted like to be caged or that they sacrifice something for her. She only wanted to live a normal life and gets many teenager experiences as much as possible until the end.
And the only way to achieve that, it was with him.

ABDoesThings said:

So it's not exactly love, I think it's more like a secret keeper. They were tied together because of her secret.

I would go much further and would say: They have a deeper connection that goes much further than any "normal love relationship". Something like soulmates or 50years married couple who have a deepest connection and/or trust each other.
I mean, she made a testament that Haruki gets her diary! A diary where her deepest minds are written in! Would she ever give this book to anyone else? Hell no, i wont even do that too. She also let decide if Haruki want share the written minds to anyone. Such important book you don't give it to any stranger or any person who are not trusting completely.

That's why i think, their "relationship" goes much further than any friendship or relationship of love. A strong bond to 2 people that never existed before but developed over the short time.

Sakura found her answer of "What does living mean to you?" (remember the hopital scene and the last game of truth or dare) in him, Haruki, esp. in during the time of the fireworks.
funnyRunnyApr 30, 2020 3:40 PM
May 4, 2020 2:20 AM

Sep 2012
funnyRunny said:

That's why i think, their "relationship" goes much further than any friendship or relationship of love. A strong bond to 2 people that never existed before but developed over the short time.

Sakura found her answer of "What does living mean to you?" (remember the hopital scene and the last game of truth or dare) in him, Haruki, esp. in during the time of the fireworks.

I really don't believe this, "relationship" going much further than any friendship or relationship of love. The relationship of love itself is as furthest you can go. It leads to marriage which is where the two partners are willing to give everything for each other and this includes their body.
Jan 9, 2021 1:50 AM
Sep 2020
FlamingMangos said:
The relationship of love itself is as furthest you can go.

I disagree with this statement.
Mar 2, 2021 7:43 AM
May 2020
i thought about that "cant be described by words" part as being something along the lines of "i feel it and i know you feel the same so there is no need to put it a name like friendship or love"

also as for the feelings itself it was definitely love, you could argue that it went something like being interested then love then supersayan love but i personally dont see a reason to go beyond love, especially in fiction
Feb 2, 2022 11:55 AM

Aug 2017
Haruki is an antisocial incel, he will grow up to be a killer or active shooter just like the person who took out Sakura.

Crazy twist would've been if Haruki was revealed to be the killer. He fits the bill realistically. Then Kyoko could kill him. Real shounen $hit.

More topics from this board

» *SPOILER* did anyone cry in this movie? ( 1 2 )

ichigo23sterling - Apr 11, 2021

92 by KamijouToumaIB »»
Apr 21, 4:19 PM

» The only movie I refuse to rewatch.

dmdm597 - Jul 21, 2022

48 by v-ega »»
Apr 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Sep 1, 2018

367 by EmreKaraoz67 »»
Apr 6, 8:13 PM

» Please explain me the ending (Spoilers)

Anime_lover_2004 - May 8, 2020

16 by Atsunome »»
Jan 11, 5:26 AM

» Anime like this

spasoklab - Sep 10, 2023

29 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.