Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 18, 2019 2:08 PM
May 2017
I'm on episode 12 currently, and there are some things about the anime that I don't quite understand...

1. Why wasn't Caster of Black and Lancer of Black summoned in the beginning of the anime but instead just there to begin with even before the war started?

2. Why is a Servant (Vlad III) the leader of Yggdmillennia and is giving Darnic the orders?

3. Why is the Red side trying to get rid of Ruler if she's only there to maintain fairness in the war? (i.e. blasting her with Babylon and luring Berserker of Red to her) are they cheating somehow?

4. Why did they show some other masters in the beginning that never showed up and instead assassin, caster, archer, and lancer are all taking orders from one person (Shirou Kotomine)?

I may have missed some of the answers to these questions but it would be helpful if someone could re-tell the part if possible because I wouldn't know where to look.

Also I don't mind spoilers if it answers the question just as long as it's not an ginormous spoiler to the plot. I rather understand more of what is going on instead.

Thanks in advance!
Feb 19, 2019 12:07 PM

Oct 2014
FNSN said:
1. Why wasn't Caster of Black and Lancer of Black summoned in the beginning of the anime but instead just there to begin with even before the war started?

caster of black was there for pre-war preparation, his specialty is the creation of golems, so he created armies of golems for the yggdmillennia before the war started

lancer of black was there to massacre the 50 mages that the mage’s association sent after the yggdmillennia, without the yggdmillennia suffering any loses. as he’s Darnic’s servant, it’s also possible that Darnic summoned him beforehand to negotiate about the war with him
the Yggdmillennia have the grail with them, so they may as well take advantage of that fact

FNSN said:
2. Why is a Servant (Vlad III) the leader of Yggdmillennia and is giving Darnic the orders?

Vlad III has been summoned into his own homeland, he’s considered a great ruler and a hero by the people here, so Darnic is trying to get on his good side and showing him respect (at least on the surface)

FNSN said:
3. Why is the Red side trying to get rid of Ruler if she's only there to maintain fairness in the war? (i.e. blasting her with Babylon and luring Berserker of Red to her) are they cheating somehow?

did you finish watching episode 12? it should be clear after that

FNSN said:
4. Why did they show some other masters in the beginning that never showed up and instead assassin, caster, archer, and lancer are all taking orders from one person (Shirou Kotomine)?

they were drugged/brainwashed by Kotomine Shirou and his own servant, Assassin of Red (who is known for being good at using poison btw), they took orders from Kotomine Shirou and then passed those orders on to their own servants. and in the after-credits scene of ep 5, Shirou tells them that the war is over and they should hand over their command spells to him

although they can be toxic, it’s probably a good idea for you to visit the Apocrypha episode discussions and read some of the posts there, if you had a question in your mind after watching an episode, then chances are someone else asked that question in those threads and was answered by someone
AdatiusFeb 19, 2019 12:30 PM
Feb 19, 2019 3:28 PM
May 2017
Wow, thanks for taking the time and answering all of the questions. It definitely helped me understand the anime a little more so I can better enjoy it.

I will definitely take a look at the discussion page for future reference.

I appreciate it!
Feb 20, 2019 3:53 AM

Oct 2014
FNSN said:
Wow, thanks for taking the time and answering all of the questions. It definitely helped me understand the anime a little more so I can better enjoy it.

I will definitely take a look at the discussion page for future reference.

I appreciate it!

you're welcome, you could also ask me if you have other questions while watching the rest

i forgot to mention that vlad is one of the black faction's two strongest servants, the other being siegfried, he benefits from a fame boost due to being in his own homeland and he's much stronger in it

that's another reason why Darnic was trying to be on his good side, the black faction's chances of winning the war would be much lower without him
Apr 12, 2019 5:15 AM
May 2018
Why Black fraction is against immorality of humans
Mar 6, 2021 1:18 PM
Mar 2018
I’m confused as to why Arthur and Mordred are female but are father and son?

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.