Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

what if Viz Media redubbed Elfen Lied? who would voice them, (for the record this topic is for anyone who has no problem with any english dub whatsoever)

New
Jan 23, 2019 10:45 AM
Nov 2017
i've recently had this wild curiosity of who would voice who if ever Viz Media redubbed Elfen Lied. just wondering who all from viz could possibly redub all the characters in elfen lied? or at least using your wild imagination who all from that cast (Viz the same folks who dubbed naruto and bleach) if they were to redub elfen lied who all would most likely pull it off?
Jan 23, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2015
They'd have wasted their time and money redubbing an anime that was already a decent dub.
Then the most you'd hear about it would be shit like "Well, it was cool having Sean Bean as that mercenary guy."
Jan 23, 2019 11:12 AM

Jan 2018
Don't really see the need ever for a re-dub, it'd just be a huge waste. The only character I'd be able to guess is Kouta(? I haven't watched the show for a while) being voiced by someone like Johnny Yong Bosch. But ya, there's far more deserving series that don't even have a dub to this day who'd benefit from one, I.e Kaiji. The new spin-off series got a dub itself and with gambling anime becoming more popular you'd think that would be a shoe in for a dub.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jan 23, 2019 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Topic Moved from Anime Discussion
Take care of yourself

Apr 19, 2019 3:02 PM
Hokage King

Apr 2017
I'm actually watching the show for the first time with the Dub and I don't think its bad honestly.
Apr 22, 2019 2:18 PM
Nov 2017
Jus1294 said:
Don't really see the need ever for a re-dub, it'd just be a huge waste. The only character I'd be able to guess is Kouta(? I haven't watched the show for a while) being voiced by someone like Johnny Yong Bosch. But ya, there's far more deserving series that don't even have a dub to this day who'd benefit from one, I.e Kaiji. The new spin-off series got a dub itself and with gambling anime becoming more popular you'd think that would be a shoe in for a dub.
when i read manga i usually picture voice actors/actresses in my head kinda fantasize these voice actors reading the dialogue back at me. so i started re reading the elfen lied manga again and thought what oh what crazy fun it would be to put a little twist into the voices..but yeah man i took your advice in using johnny yong bosch's voice for kouta it fits like a glove (thank you by the way :) )..i was originally considering yuri lowenthal/sasuke's voice til i saw your suggestion.. i also imagined dorothy elias fahn as yuka...stephanie sheh using her 1st series hinata voice for mayu..... crispin freeman as kurama

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

429 by DigitalCoin »»
Mar 11, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.