Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 18, 2019 5:35 PM
Feb 2018
I dont know who is doing the English subbing for this new series, and whilst I really appreciate the fast turnaround to get it uploaded to whichever sites are being used (I have watched on several different sites, and all seem to have exactly the same dialogue so I am assuming it is all from the same source) But the translation is terrible.
Yes, it may be word for word correct of certain definitions of words from Japanese to English, but the grammar and sentence structure is bad. Like really bad, like it takes me out of the atmosphere of the show as i am trying to figure out what they are trying to say bad.
If anyone knows of a different source or if its going to get an official western release with "proper" subtitles, please share, as I cant watch the rest of the season like this, which is a real shame as I was really looking forward to this.
Feb 1, 2019 5:38 PM
Sep 2018
Yeah, I've been having the same issue with the more than lackluster subs, and I believe I saw a post on Twitter (from the official StB Twitter) that had a pic of a Strike the Blood III DVD, but idk when it, or if it even comes out for the public. Iirc, it was some sort of give away, almost like a sweepstakes?? So, at the very least, it's popular enough for a DVD release. That means that we should eventually be able to get a Western release if we request it enough.
Feb 7, 2019 6:20 PM
Feb 2018
I hope so, I mean they are going to the trouble of doing it, so i dont wanna crap on them, but it does kinda take you out of the immersion when you are trying to understand what they are trying to say!
Mar 20, 2019 2:36 AM

Nov 2012
Well the episodes I got were subbed by [Lean-subs]. The only thing I've noticed is them spelling progenitor wrong. I'm not too bothered tho, if I wanted a vanilla experience then I would learn Japanese.

Apr 11, 2019 9:17 AM

Apr 2012
Anime-is-King said:
Well the episodes I got were subbed by [Lean-subs]. The only thing I've noticed is them spelling progenitor wrong. I'm not too bothered tho, if I wanted a vanilla experience then I would learn Japanese.

Thanks ill try those, the subs available at the streaming services are appalling indeed.
I don't like bashing on subbers, since they went through the effort. On the other hand this is sometimes beyond lost in translation, and I can sometimes understand more of the japanese than the subs are giving me.

Edit:
God yes, the difference is night and day. Almost forgot how solid subs actually make an anime alot better.
FluxjeApr 11, 2019 9:29 AM
Apr 11, 2019 1:50 PM

Nov 2012
Fluxje said:
Anime-is-King said:

Thanks ill try those, the subs available at the streaming services are appalling indeed.
I don't like bashing on subbers, since they went through the effort. On the other hand this is sometimes beyond lost in translation, and I can sometimes understand more of the japanese than the subs are giving me.

Edit:
God yes, the difference is night and day. Almost forgot how solid subs actually make an anime alot better.

Good to hear! šŸ˜
Apr 26, 2019 6:07 AM
Apr 2019
Could you please release for English dub
Apr 26, 2019 6:08 AM
Apr 2019
Wat happened to the English dub you don't going to release for English dub

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike the Blood III Episode 7 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jul 30, 2019

20 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 27, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood III Episode 5 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Jun 2, 2019

16 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 27, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood III Episode 4 Discussion

OrangeRafi - Mar 31, 2019

32 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 26, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood III Episode 1 Discussion

Kirishiba - Dec 20, 2018

29 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 25, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood III Episode 8 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jul 30, 2019

27 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 2, 5:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.