0.0%
3It was OK
0.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
0 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2019 6:07 AM

Oct 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Average at best: the premise was nice, the sequence of events was at least interesting to follow, yet the outcome really felt disappointing. Paradoxically, it was both easy to figure out and not really convincing as a solution. The twist in and of itself really felt forced, I was hoping for something more rational, at the risk of being "conventional" sure, but it would have made more sense to me.

Another negative point I have to address, though it is not really specific to this particular case, it is more a like a general criticism concerning the whole series: I really do not like how abruptly the chapters end in Q.E.D. Indeed, most of the time, it feels like something is missing, such as, for instance, a little "mundane" scene with the main protagonists. The cases, usually, just conclude with Touma's demonstration and nothing else, thus it does not feel completely satisfying to jump from one investigation to the other. Both Detective Conan and Kindaichi do these moments "without tension" mostly right. I do not see why this could not be the case with Q.E.D., especially since the dynamic between the two main characters is decently written.

It is a shame that this manga seems to take satisfaction in "just being another detective story", it definitely has enough qualities to be "something else". A diversity of genres, even on a surface level, is always a plus in my book.
BertKnotJan 5, 2019 6:13 AM

More topics from this board

» Will Q.E.D./Q.E.D. iff ever get an anime?

Wunder428 - Oct 28, 2022

0 by Wunder428 »»
Oct 28, 2022 8:17 PM

Poll: » Q.E.D.: Shoumei Shuuryou Chapter 82 Discussion

Eyth - Aug 15, 2022

0 by Eyth »»
Aug 15, 2022 9:19 AM

Poll: » Q.E.D.: Shoumei Shuuryou Chapter 81 Discussion

Eyth - Aug 15, 2022

0 by Eyth »»
Aug 15, 2022 8:36 AM

Poll: » Q.E.D.: Shoumei Shuuryou Chapter 79 Discussion

Eyth - Jun 12, 2022

0 by Eyth »»
Jun 12, 2022 3:17 PM

Poll: » Q.E.D.: Shoumei Shuuryou Chapter 76 Discussion

Eyth - Jun 12, 2022

0 by Eyth »»
Jun 12, 2022 9:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.