Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 3, 2019 9:24 PM

Feb 2017
I don't like using the term "masterpiece" being so popular here (at least here on MAL) but, if there is an anime series that has something (I don't know if I can label this "something" as "extraordinary") Usually, if I can rewatch it and, everytime, I smile, I laugh, I could be thrilled with the same scenes (and I could've watch it for the 100th time XD!). If this kind of series can pass the test of time, that's what I can call it, at least personally, an extraordinary series.
We are EVERYWHERE...
Jan 3, 2019 9:57 PM

Jan 2010
AnimaExZero said:
I don't like using the term "masterpiece" being so popular here (at least here on MAL) but, if there is an anime series that has something (I don't know if I can label this "something" as "extraordinary") Usually, if I can rewatch it and, everytime, I smile, I laugh, I could be thrilled with the same scenes (and I could've watch it for the 100th time XD!). If this kind of series can pass the test of time, that's what I can call it, at least personally, an extraordinary series.

I think it's because the 'title' that comes with the 10 is literally "Masterpiece" lol. Idk about others, but I take those titles into consideration when rating any series. For example, like how 6/10 usually feels bad to me, but on MAL it says "Good" so I go with that. Makes things easier for me.

And also I agree with everything you say, that's pretty much what makes me give it a 10 too!
Jan 3, 2019 10:28 PM

Feb 2017
YORERU said:
AnimaExZero said:

I think it's because the 'title' that comes with the 10 is literally "Masterpiece" lol. Idk about others, but I take those titles into consideration when rating any series. For example, like how 6/10 usually feels bad to me, but on MAL it says "Good" so I go with that. Makes things easier for me.

And also I agree with everything you say, that's pretty much what makes me give it a 10 too!

My complaint about the term "masterpiece" is because the way some people use it, and it sounds so vain and shallow. (At least for me...)
We are EVERYWHERE...
Jan 3, 2019 10:40 PM

Sep 2015
A few things I subconsciously use to rate 10s:
1. When I find it disingenuous to the overall experience of the show when I try to discern its flaws as negatively affecting the show in any real ways for my personally.
2. Watching it was very enjoyable.
3. The show doesn't lose quality for me as time goes on (I never rate things a 10 right after my first viewing).
Marco__BJan 4, 2019 12:47 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think 3-episode reviews are valid? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 29

60 by nalist »»
2 minutes ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion?

castle2001 - Yesterday

48 by RobertBobert »»
2 minutes ago

» Digitalization of the modern world and anime

RobertBobert - 8 hours ago

26 by RobertBobert »»
6 minutes ago

» What are your thought on Ecchi anime?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

8 by anime-prime »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime girl puffy cheeks

Blowingbeauty - Apr 12

10 by rohan121 »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.