Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Finished Ep 13 - are there any links to Tiger and Bunny or is it confirmed completely different universe and everything?

New
Dec 23, 2018 12:20 PM
Sep 2018
So its just the creators are the same and there's no tie ins to the superhero show? They're totally separate?
Dec 24, 2018 5:39 AM
Jul 2017
Animangamer said:
So its just the creators are the same and there's no tie ins to the superhero show? They're totally separate?
cant say for sure but, i have never seen tiger and bunny and didnt feel like there was anything i missed or didnt know. Feels like double decker is just an ordinary stand alone to me
Dec 24, 2018 1:17 PM

Nov 2014
Following

Loved Tiger and Bunny and really enjoyed DD
Jan 3, 2019 5:08 AM

Sep 2009
it's set in the same universe, different city. I don't why people are failing to get that.
Jan 8, 2019 6:41 PM
Jun 2010
komic said:
it's set in the same universe, different city. I don't why people are failing to get that.

The lack of powers, which are common in the T&B world, and no mention of Heroes, which are BIG on tv and Kirill wants to be one. It's not hard to get, but not easy to swallow...
Jan 26, 2019 9:37 AM
Sep 2018
komic said:

Gonna need some proof or calling bs on that
Jan 26, 2019 10:46 AM

Sep 2009
Animangamer said:
komic said:

oh you mean beside the main villain of t+b making an appearance in episode 8 that not only set it in the tb universe but actually before it
Jan 27, 2019 7:49 PM
Sep 2018
komic said:
Animangamer said:

oh you mean beside the main villain of t+b making an appearance in episode 8 that not only set it in the tb universe but actually before it

He doesn't appear in that episode. SS or bullshit.
Jan 29, 2019 10:53 AM
Sep 2018
komic said:
Animangamer said:

I can see that you've been on but haven't responded still. What's wrong? Can't find any proof for your bullshit?
May 27, 2022 1:45 PM

Jun 2020
It's definitely set in the same world as T&B, but besides the fact that it seems to take place in a different city, there are a lot of hints that point to DD actually taking place way back in the past from when T&B takes place.

The hint I noticed straight away is that in the first or second episode, there's a newswoman who appears on a screen for a brief moment, and her name which is shown underneath is "Agnes," the same name as the producer of HERO TV from Tiger & Bunny. Of course, she looks much younger, but it looks to be the same person. If that isn't enough, the news in DD always appears on a channel with the banner "Apollon Media," which is the company that owns and runs HERO TV in Tiger & Bunny.

Also, while things do seem to be somewhat advanced in DD, there are subtle things like the TVs being in black and white and everything in general just being very "retro" in contrast to the futuristic feel of Stern Bild in Tiger & Bunny.

In fact, Lisvalletta might even be a past Stern Bild altogether. There's a mention of Stern Bild having suffered a flood disaster in the past, which caused it to adopt that "multi-layer" structure, where it looks like they literally built a city on top of another city. What I'm thinking here is that the bottom part that was hit by the flood is Lisvalletta, and then post-flood-reconstruction caused it to be completely redesigned and renamed as the Stern Bild known in T&B.

There's also the large tower that they keep on showing in DD, where the police force is located, which looks extremely similar to the Justice Tower in T&B, minus the top part which could have been replaced by the "Goddess of Justice" statue after the flood disaster.

Another more subtle connection is the fact that Greek mythology appears in both series; you have the five major companies in Stern Bild all being named after Greek gods (Apollon, Titan, Kronos, Helios, etc.,) and the "prayer" Cooper mentioned in DD had to do with Prometheus, also a Greek god, and there's also the name of the other "sun" or the planet Kirill came from, Nikai, in Greek mythology meaning the creatures that were under the control of the goddess of victory Nike.

Another fun one I noticed toward the end of episode 13 were Derrick's shoes that were given a very deliberate close-up; they're the exact same pair of shoes that Kotetsu wears in T&B! Does it allude to the fact that Derrick might be related to Kotetsu and the shoes were passed down? Or did they just both coincidentally have very similar old-timey taste in clothes? I don't know, but it's interesting to see either way lol.

I'm sure there's a lot more hints other than the ones I listed, and at this point I'm sure a lot of people already figured them all out, but this was all written from the top of my head as soon as I finished Double Decker and I didn't bother looking into it any further, just wanted to list out what I personally noticed :D

Apr 14, 10:02 AM
Jun 2016
I'd add that Justice statue appears in ep 7, when Doug visited a cemetery

KsiezniczkaApr 14, 10:08 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

31 by XOHatsumi »»
Nov 7, 2022 9:35 PM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2018

23 by Stardew »»
Mar 26, 2021 12:19 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

17 by Stardew »»
Mar 26, 2021 12:07 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2018

19 by Stardew »»
Mar 25, 2021 11:37 PM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2018

18 by Stardew »»
Mar 25, 2021 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.