Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2018 1:34 PM
May 2018
Greetings fellow anime fans.

I am making this topic to address an issue I've noticed for quite some time now... that of the apparent lack of anime and manga reviews from a Christian viewpoint.

You may have heard of PluggedIn, an organization by Focus On The Family dedicated to creating assessments of popular culture material (video games, movies, music, etc.) from a Christian's point of view. These often include helpful lists about content that requires discernment, could be offensive, etc.

Try as I have, I have not been able to find a similar source of critique for anime. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised considereing we are still somewhat niche and, therefor, not afforded the attention Amercian pop culture gets.

Anyways, this brings me to my point...

Is there anyone out there making Christian reviews for anime/manga they watch/read?

I myself have written a number of reviews in the same vein as described earlier. If anyone else has written, or would like to write Christian anime reviews... perhaps this would be a good place to discuss it.

Feel free to post links to your reviews if you have them.

Note: I apologize if I am bringing up a topic that has already been discussed elswhere on this forum. I couldn't find it myself... so I made one.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 9, 2018 1:40 PM
May 2018
Feb 4, 2019 5:40 AM

Apr 2011
Yes, there are good places to read reviews from Christian perspective, the ones I know are not in MAL. You can check Beneath The Tangles website, facebook, and twitter. It is a really good community.
https://beneaththetangles.com/?fbclid=IwAR3gbimNIEhFPsn9sxfseOdA9J2cK7s6NZt5vUZLliO-Zft1_wrdrkQlY40
alma01Feb 4, 2019 5:46 AM
Feb 5, 2019 10:53 AM
May 2018
alma01 said:
Yes, there are good places to read reviews from Christian perspective, the ones I know are not in MAL. You can check Beneath The Tangles website, facebook, and twitter. It is a really good community.
https://beneaththetangles.com/?fbclid=IwAR3gbimNIEhFPsn9sxfseOdA9J2cK7s6NZt5vUZLliO-Zft1_wrdrkQlY40

Thank you very much! I didn't know there was a website like this. The only similar thing I ever found was the now defunct Christian Anime Coalition. I'm much obliged for your input.
Feb 8, 2019 3:44 PM

Apr 2011
There is also a forum, Christian Anime Alliance. I am not sure how much activity they are having there nowadays but is a great environment to meet other people. They also have a reddit , I think is called CAA (Christian Anime Alliance) for chatting.
Jul 1, 2020 11:40 AM
Jul 2020
https://youtu.be/9TZjaC5FrJw

My pastor buddies and I started making reviews ourselves! Here is our review for My Hero Academia! Please enjoy!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» is anime evil and other things like books tv shows moives other things evil?

gunslinger90 - May 18, 2021

15 by AylaLovesBlahaj »»
Mar 11, 12:07 PM

» I Need Your Help/Prayer Thread

danceljoy - Sep 8, 2009

32 by Robhorvath »»
Oct 1, 2023 12:18 PM

» Christian Book Recommendation

Dodecahedron-O24 - Sep 5, 2010

28 by Angus »»
Jan 18, 2023 10:42 AM

» how i get closer with God and jesus?

gunslinger90 - Jun 6, 2019

2 by Angus »»
Jan 12, 2022 11:35 AM

» Christianity and Themes in Anime

AlJoestarDMC - Jul 26, 2020

6 by Angus »»
Jan 11, 2022 11:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.