Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 10, 2019 12:46 PM
Apr 2016
"Ranked #1108" I don't think that its overrated, very well a little underrated, it's enjoyable and that's the most critical thing.
Feb 18, 2019 12:50 AM
Apr 2012
Am I wrong for having this opinion?

Yes, you are wrong.
Feb 18, 2019 9:25 AM
Aug 2017
Inces_Is_Winces said:
Wut GS does is nothing special and has been tried in every shit Grimdark story before, except this time it combines the shittiest aspects of Japanese Light Novel Fantasy tropes with the shittiest aspects of Grimdark stories, to make a Dumpster fire that ppl will worship because it's "totally not a generic seasonal anime with waifus and fanservice and one dimensional characters".

Edge for the sake of edge shallow writing which is completely unjustified and makes me feel absolutely nothing out of a rape scene, and a combination of shitty anime tropes, waifus, and fanservice.

Just because you kill or rape a character does not make ur anime good.

true that, though in my opinion the fight scenes are by far the most dissapointing about this anime, they are fucking GARBAGE the art also looks shit. I give this anime a mal rating of 4,7 it's below average and not very good at anyting but it somehow managed to entertain me for how bad it was so I raised the score a little bit.
Feb 18, 2019 9:26 AM
Aug 2017
Aquas_Veritem said:
I think this is a case the hype being overblown. It's a lot slower and more measured than one would normally expect from a 'dark fantasy' anime, and a lot of people were put off by that fact..

I personally feel like it's a lot more deep and developed than most people seem to realize, touching on themes of life and death, nihilism, hope in a world that is uncaring and unfeeling, and self-awareness.

Sure there isn't much plot in the first four episodes, but the world is a lot more developed than it appears at first glance, the characters are fairly deep and have hidden facets that show through in some of the more dangerous battles they experience.

The point is that the plot is a slow-burner and the characters/world are being quite well developed. Give it a few more episodes before you decide to write it off.

no, you're overthinking it. the show is just edgy. there's really nothing more to it
Feb 18, 2019 9:28 AM
Aug 2017
VileKurata said:
Yes it is.
Goblin Slayer is one of worst series to come out from 2018 and it's not because of rape it's how trash the writing, worldbuilding, characters and directing are.
Plus the visuals looked like they were fished out of a toilet thanks to it's uninprised characters desgins, horrible background scenery awful animation, and pathetic use of CGI.
Even Akame Ga Kill aka White Fox other shitty fanasty anime is better than this dumpster fire.

you took the words right out of my mouth
Feb 18, 2019 9:31 AM
Aug 2017
UTJeff316 said:
Goblin Slayer has always been about more to me than just rape, gore, and/or fanservice. It's disappointing that critics focus on these things as if they ruin the series.

that's like saying: "why are people saying sword art online is bad? it's only generic boring, badly written, dumb, etc. aside from that the show is great!!" that's what your comment sounds like dude some small issues can completely ruin a show and especially for a show that's really slow like goblin slayer. but the goblin slayer's issues aren't exactly minor though.
Feb 18, 2019 9:35 AM
Aug 2017
AiHikari said:
I believe it's quite the opposite, it's underrated. People have this expectation after the first episode and just lose interest because isn't exactly the same thing, while it's quite competent in what it is, it's basically a tabletop rpg adventure world in form of anime, down to 'long weapons don't work in caves' and limited number of spells per day.

It's a decent gateway to the novel/manga, enough to attract interest and the adaptation can stand on it's own if you watch it the way it's supposed to be, a tabletop adventure, rather than a fantasy gore rape thing.

you should look up the definition on the word "underrated" because you seem to not really understand it. here's a site that can help you https://urbandictionary.com
Feb 18, 2019 10:04 AM

Nov 2013
Well, I do agree that it gets kind of repetitive with the whole "let's kill goblin" thing.
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Feb 19, 2019 8:57 PM
Oct 2016
soasucks said:
UTJeff316 said:
Goblin Slayer has always been about more to me than just rape, gore, and/or fanservice. It's disappointing that critics focus on these things as if they ruin the series.

that's like saying: "why are people saying sword art online is bad? it's only generic boring, badly written, dumb, etc. aside from that the show is great!!" that's what your comment sounds like dude some small issues can completely ruin a show and especially for a show that's really slow like goblin slayer. but the goblin slayer's issues aren't exactly minor though.

Your argument makes no sense to me. I think the show is about more than those things I listed. Also, I don't think depictions of those things are issues either. Not sure what you perceive them as.
Feb 19, 2019 9:24 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
soasucks said:

Your argument makes no sense to me. I think the show is about more than those things I listed. Also, I don't think depictions of those things are issues either. Not sure what you perceive them as.
Every problem I had with goblin slayer can explain in this link
AceofcardFeb 19, 2019 9:30 PM
Feb 19, 2019 9:34 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
soasucks said:

Gobin slayer slap people with victim blaming message.
Feb 19, 2019 9:40 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
soasucks said:

I think it is fair call out goblin slayer setting is is nonsensical.
Feb 20, 2019 1:20 AM
Aug 2017
Aceofcard said:
UTJeff316 said:

Every problem I had with goblin slayer can explain in this link

I agree, that video really does hit the nail on the head (or whatever the saying is english isn't my native language)
Feb 20, 2019 2:36 AM
Aug 2017
VengefulAura said:
This show has been okay to watch, the gore, animation, and art style are nice but, the characters are cardboard and boring. Even Goblin Slayer himself is not very interesting, barely has any dialogue. All episodes turn out the same basically, "Let's kill Goblins". Am I wrong for having this opinion?

you call the animation and art style nice? they look like trash dude, have you seen those fucking fight scenes? they look like complete garbo. and the art style looks not all that much better than your average hentai
Feb 20, 2019 3:22 PM
Oct 2016
Aceofcard said:
UTJeff316 said:

I'm not watching your trash videos so don't even try.
Feb 20, 2019 3:47 PM
Mar 2018
The storyline is basically the same in every episode (killing goblins) and there are a few parts with heavy plot armor (which was kind of annoying); however, it was still enjoyable to watch. So I'd say Goblin Slayer is a little overrated but worth watching.

Feb 20, 2019 4:06 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
Aceofcard said:

I'm not watching your trash videos so don't even try.
You're too afraid to watch it and knowing video will debunk all your argument. There no deep meaning in goblin slayer.

goblin slayer is stupid schlock like 80 and 90 anime you found in video store.
AceofcardFeb 20, 2019 10:19 PM
Feb 20, 2019 5:12 PM

Feb 2019
VileKurata said:
Yes it is.
Goblin Slayer is one of worst series to come out from 2018 and it's not because of rape it's how trash the writing, worldbuilding, characters and directing are.
Plus the visuals looked like they were fished out of a toilet thanks to it's uninprised characters desgins, horrible background scenery awful animation, and pathetic use of CGI.
Even Akame Ga Kill aka White Fox other shitty fanasty anime is better than this dumpster fire.

Superb quote that summarizes my exact thoughts about this detestable show. I am inclined to believe that fans of this loathsome schlock have perverse fetishes and are unable to resist their urges. Perhaps they delude themselves into thinking that this is more high-brow than your typical Hentai whereas it is not.
Feb 20, 2019 10:21 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
Aceofcard said:
Goblin Slayer is stupid dnd fanfic and you fail see it.

The only failure here is your posts.
The only failure here is goblin slayer.
Mar 1, 2019 6:57 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread locked

Overrated/underrated threads don't encourage discussion and we already have thread to discuss that: Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread v.5
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.