Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 19, 2018 10:31 AM
Feb 2018
This show has been okay to watch, the gore, animation, and art style are nice but, the characters are cardboard and boring. Even Goblin Slayer himself is not very interesting, barely has any dialogue. All episodes turn out the same basically, "Let's kill Goblins". Am I wrong for having this opinion?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2018 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
yes you're wrong and for that you won't get to have your 5 minutes with the sword maiden. sucks for you bro.
Nov 19, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2018
A score of 7 is not overrated. It has its strengths (Gore). But in the rest it is basic. I do not think it's overrated, it's just that people like violence and waifus.
Nov 19, 2018 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
Short answer: No.
Long answer: No.

That's your opinion and it's perfectly fine (obviously). But, I disagree, personally the characters are anything than boring. How Goblin Slayer slowly adjusts to taking his party member's opinions into consideration, the banter between High Elf Archer and Dwarf Shaman, Priestess caring for GS, how she grows as a person and not to forget Lizard Priest's awakened love for cheese.

Well, the anime is called Goblin Slayer after all. That would be like watching Attack on Titan and complaining about the lack of midgets. /sarcasm

Simply put, there are the little things besides killing goblins, that matter.
TheBigGuyNov 19, 2018 12:23 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 19, 2018 1:49 PM
Jan 2018
I dont think its overrated at all.In fact i think its underrated.Especially since its started with a score of 8.1 This is some Overlord quality of anime
Nov 19, 2018 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
People watching this anime have hentai rape fetishes.
removed-userNov 19, 2018 1:58 PM
Nov 19, 2018 1:55 PM

Oct 2018
It's not overrated or underrated, I think it's just mediocre, but I can see why it's popular and why it has a 7.6 score.

Personally, this show is a 7-6, but the general audience just enjoys the show so they rate higher since it's subjective.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Nov 19, 2018 2:35 PM

Oct 2017
We have entered an age when even anime with scores lower then 7.7 are overrated.

Just wait a couple of years more and even Berserk 2016 will be considered overrated.

Like, really?
Overhyped or something along those lines, ok, but overrated?

Nov 19, 2018 2:39 PM
Aug 2018
I think a 7.5 it's a perfect score for this kind of anime. Many seems to enjoy it, many seems to be triggered by it. Balanced.

I would give it a 7 personally.
Nov 19, 2018 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
its about massacring the goblins why do u need characters with personality
just give them 2 traits its all they need for slaying the shit out of goblins and not being boring

Well...
Nov 19, 2018 2:57 PM

Mar 2018
@Loathsome

right?, who needs a reason/motive to do stuff
Nov 19, 2018 2:59 PM

Mar 2018
@heimur

i still have a hope that ONE day, preferably not be the end of the world, that humans will comprehend that HYPE is bad
Nov 19, 2018 3:42 PM
Nov 2018
Wut GS does is nothing special and has been tried in every shit Grimdark story before, except this time it combines the shittiest aspects of Japanese Light Novel Fantasy tropes with the shittiest aspects of Grimdark stories, to make a Dumpster fire that ppl will worship because it's "totally not a generic seasonal anime with waifus and fanservice and one dimensional characters".

Edge for the sake of edge shallow writing which is completely unjustified and makes me feel absolutely nothing out of a rape scene, and a combination of shitty anime tropes, waifus, and fanservice.

Just because you kill or rape a character does not make ur anime good.
Nov 19, 2018 4:23 PM
Oct 2018
its overyhyped , yeah, and with a really, really, defensive fan base
Nov 19, 2018 5:24 PM

Jun 2012
I think it's underrated, just cause the story is simple doesn't make it bad... If it's a anime that really engages people, it can't be that overrated.
I'm enjoying this a lot more than Index season 3, it's a complex plot but shitty executed this coming from a fan, Goblin Slayer on the other hand is really consistent.
Nov 20, 2018 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
And you didn't even mentioned the awful production values, especially the CG.

Considering it's the flavor of the season, it's not too overhyped. That would be Slime/Bunny Senpai.
Nov 20, 2018 11:10 AM
Nov 2018
VengefulAura said:
Am I wrong for having this opinion?
It's ok to have an opinion, but you seem to think it is a fact of some sort.

I am curious how this "overrated" thing works. Do you think there is some magic number, like 6.3273, and everything below is "underrated" and over is "overrated"? Could you please give the precise number and explain where you got it?

This is an average result of bunch of random people voting. The only way it can be wrong is if MAL failed to count votes or to calculate the score using trivial formula.

Asking if it's overrated is pointless, you will get few random "yes" or "no" subjective opinions. Wake up, people already voted on this topic and majority clearly disagree with you. You can look at results at "stats" page.
Nov 20, 2018 11:51 AM

Nov 2018
GS is my favorite show of the season but I don't say it is the best. I understand that a lot of people say it is a generic fantacy story, and they are right in my eyes.

I just like dense but serious warriors that life for only one purpose to the point of obsession.

How I see it is that saying that a show is overrated, is saying that you think others like a show that you don't particually like yourself and not knowing why.
..._.-.._.-_.--._.--._._-_.._-._..-_..._-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_..-_.-.._.-_-_.--.___-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-
Nov 20, 2018 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
TheArgonaut88 said:

When you are accused of being rape advocates by proxy it's hard not to get defensive in all honesty, especially when the initial outrage was as unfounded as it was.
Nov 20, 2018 1:29 PM

Dec 2013
IRFodder said:
TheArgonaut88 said:

When you are accused of being rape advocates by proxy it's hard not to get defensive in all honesty, especially when the initial outrage was as unfounded as it was.

Unfounded? Last time I checked it certainly did have rape and it certainly was bad. I see nothing unfounded there.
Nov 20, 2018 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
NthDegree said:
IRFodder said:

Unfounded? Last time I checked it certainly did have rape and it certainly was bad. I see nothing unfounded there.

It's the context that people.. I guess.. still ignore. Yes, rape is bad! If you have that opinion we can be friends, it's not the first show/book/movie that has had the subject and it certainly will not be the last. To accuse an entire viewer base of of promoting rape culture because of one scene that is a singular element of the narative is dishonest and unfounded.
removed-userNov 20, 2018 1:41 PM
Nov 20, 2018 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
IRFodder said:
NthDegree said:

It's the context that people.. I guess.. still ignore. Yes, rape is bad! If you have that opinion we can be friends, it's not the first show/book/movie that has had the subject and it certainly will not be the last. To accuse an entire viewer base of of promoting rape culture because of one scene that is a singular element of the narative is dishonest and unfounded.

I think the relevant part here is "it certainly did have rape and it certainly was bad".

If rape is used well for narrative purposes, you rarely see anyone criticizing it. Goblin Slayer's problem was simply that it was bad. So in my opinion, it fully deserved the backlash.
Nov 20, 2018 1:51 PM

Mar 2017
There is no way this anime is overrated! It's fantastic with such a detailed fantasy world, deep characters and a really intriguing and exciting plot. The character of Goblin Slayer is such a great character too because he's so complex and mysterious and wanna know mooooore!
Nov 20, 2018 1:53 PM
Oct 2016
I'm not an edge lord, and I'm not a rape fetishist.

I love the show. No subject matter is off-limits for storytelling. That includes sexual violence.
Nov 20, 2018 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
NthDegree said:
IRFodder said:

I think the relevant part here is "it certainly did have rape and it certainly was bad".

If rape is used well for narrative purposes, you rarely see anyone criticizing it. Goblin Slayer's problem was simply that it was bad. So in my opinion, it fully deserved the backlash.

Ok, your ignoring me and self masturbating your own words.

I am guessing your definition of a good rape is Berzerk Casca, I raise you Ogres.
I also raise you Drifters Elf scene, if we go into non anime I raise you Dark Eldar, Goblins, Demons and all mannors of monstrosities, into real world issues, rape gangs, general dark alley rapists ect.

Of course that is under the asumption that your, "If rape is used well as a narrative purpose" statement is reflective of it makes no sense.

In reality they do make sense.
Nov 20, 2018 2:09 PM

Dec 2013
IRFodder said:
NthDegree said:

I am guessing your definition of a good rape is Berzerk Casca, I raise you Ogres.
I also raise you Drifters Elf scene, if we go into non anime I raise you Dark Eldar, Goblins, Demons and all mannors of monstrosities, into real world issues, rape gangs, general dark alley rapists ect.

Of course that is under the asumption that your, "If rape is used well as a narrative purpose" statement is reflective of it makes no sense.

I generally do not reply to juxtaposing accusations like that, because they tend to just cause flame wars. But since you asked... At least here in MAL I did not see anyone saying what you described. Individual lunatics always exist, but do not mistake that for the majority.
Nov 20, 2018 2:25 PM

Nov 2018
The rape scene was surely controversy, but controversy sells. Can't say I blame the author, as mutch as I want to deny it. Because of episode 1, it got a lot of talk about it. It gained a strong fan base, as well as a hate-community.
..._.-.._.-_.--._.--._._-_.._-._..-_..._-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_..-_.-.._.-_-_.--.___-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-_-..-
Nov 20, 2018 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
NthDegree said:
IRFodder said:

I generally do not reply to juxtaposing accusations like that, because they tend to just cause flame wars. But since you asked... At least here in MAL I did not see anyone saying what you described. Individual lunatics always exist, but do not mistake that for the majority.

It's how it came across, it's ambiguous as a statement with many interpritations, pardon me if I interprited it the wrong way, the same way "It's bad" doesn't say anything except you think it's bad.

Nothing wrong with providing examples of varied examples for contrast considering the subject and direction of the discussion on the table.

That's fine, I was bored of the conversation anyway. (ambiguous statement, interprit that how you wish)
Nov 20, 2018 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
I get a lot of the criticisms towards this show so you're right to think so. In my opinion, Goblin Slayer isn't an anime/manga for fans of anime - it's created for fans of video games (particularly RPG-genre) and fans of D&D. There are just so many layers of references each episode towards tabletop and video games and that is what makes this show so enjoyable for me. I also love the commentary on the ridiculously of typical anime Isekai armour so I suppose the subtle satire is also keeping me invested into the show. If you ask me, I wouldn't say it's overrated. If you don't enjoy it for a multitude of reasons, I can definitely understand - this show is not made for everyone. But if you're one of those people who write it off because it's too "edgy" for you, then I don't think you understand what this show is going for.
Nov 21, 2018 7:47 PM

Sep 2015
papsoshea said:
This show is extremely overrated by its fans. They pick and choose when the show is just a simple story or when its a complex, deep and thought-provoking series. It's not a simple story, and far from anything meaningful. It's simply shit!

Not a simple story? The story so far is about some guy wanting revenge on Goblins. And as a result, the party wants him to loosen up. And a overarching plot about a demon war. None of which is complicated in the slightest.

Meaningful? No there isn't anything really meaningful or thought provoking. But i don't think this series was being philosophical in the first place.
Nov 21, 2018 8:02 PM

Jun 2013
Its boring and i dislike it a lot
Nov 21, 2018 8:04 PM

Nov 2011
It's certainly nothing special. The characters are so bland, they don't even have a name.

Nov 21, 2018 10:27 PM
Oct 2016
KaiserNazrin said:
It's certainly nothing special. The characters are so bland, they don't even have a name.

Goblin Slayer should have no name other than Goblin Slayer.
Nov 21, 2018 10:30 PM
Feb 2012
Minerbit said:
A score of 7 is not overrated. It has its strengths (Gore). But in the rest it is basic. I do not think it's overrated, it's just that people like violence and waifus.

trust me a 7 overall score on here is overrated
Nov 22, 2018 2:55 PM

Nov 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
The characters are so bland, they don't even have a name.

Now you mention it, I really don't know any character's name besides Goblin Slayer, but that is more like a title.

But then again, I don't remember the names of barely any anime character. Japanese names don't stick with me for some reason.
Nov 22, 2018 3:36 PM
Jul 2017
I don’t think so. My friends and I have been enjoying the hell out of goblin slayer. The best part is the amount of memes that can be spawned out of this anime. I think it deserves the praise it gets.
Nov 24, 2018 7:29 PM
Jun 2015
It's shit. I wont fault people for liking it since there are people who like Michael Bay and Uwe Boll movies out there, but yeah it's shit. I'll try to keep it brief. The anime and manga prove that all of the complaints against isekai and other shows of that nature with them having OP protagonists, harems, flat one-dimensional characters were absolutely nothing but hypocritical bullshit since this series has ALL of those problems in spades yet gets a free pass because it panders and caters with edgy.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edgy

Edgy: Something or someone trying too hard to be cool, almost to a point where it's cringe worthy.

It's the sort of GOD AWFUL juvenile crap that infested comics back in the later 80's and parts of the 90's after Watchmen hit and every "Johnny Come Lately" saw it's MASSIVE rise and thought to follow in it's foot steps except they missed ALL of the main points of it's writing and only paid attention to the sex and violence. I can't tell if some of the comments on here saying the world is deep and complex are serious or just sarcasm, but YIKES if people really think that this is. As for the "controversial" material, it's due to how it's handled. People aren't pissed that rape is shown(thought that it part of the issue), it's how it's treated so cheap and lazily throughout the entire show on top of the disturbing trend that most if not damn near all of the human violence is leveled at women. Yes the swordsman guy died in the 1st episode, but it was neatly out sight out of mind while the sorceress died in full view and in agony and little was left to the imagination on fighters fate not to mention that the ONLY time that the topic of rape survival is ever explored is via a character that looks like she got ripped out from an eroge game with the recent episode showing her with erect nipples and jiggle physics as she talks to the main guy. It's gross, repugnant, and insulting. It's pure cheap and lazy exploitation like old stuff in the vein of Ilsa She Wolf of the SS, Cannibal Holocaust, Anthropophagus, and others of that ilk. They have their fans, but no one is delusional about it all being filthy, violent, sleazy, grindhouse, filth.

These reviewers basically explain all of the issues better than I could without just straight plagiarizing.

https://apieceofanime.com/2018/10/08/why-i-dropped-goblin-slayer-and-why-dark-stories-arent-the-same-as-good-stories/

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/in-which-i-review-new-anime-fall-2018.834641/page-4

As an aside, the fact that people use the fact that it can be meme'd as a plus tells you where the series stand in terms of actual substance and quality. The series is basically what would happen if someone like Uwe Boll, Michael Bay, or Mark Millar tried their hand at writing dark fantasy.

Edit: About the only positives I accept are from those who are fully aware that it's garbage, but still like it and rate it highly since it's garbage they like or the ones who like DnD elements, but find...Well everything else unpleasant to say the least. I can respect their honesty.
doomrider7Nov 24, 2018 7:34 PM
Nov 24, 2018 8:26 PM
Oct 2016
The argument against the rape in that first link is flimsy at best. The writer says having the goblins just kill the adventurers is more than enough. Yeah that's not how storytelling works.

It's shit. I wont fault people for liking it since there are people who like Michael Bay and Uwe Boll movies out there, but yeah it's shit. I'll try to keep it brief. The anime and manga prove that all of the complaints against isekai and other shows of that nature with them having OP protagonists, harems, flat one-dimensional characters were absolutely nothing but hypocritical bullshit since this series has ALL of those problems in spades yet gets a free pass because it panders and caters with edgy.

Your paragraph here makes no sense. What makes you say all the people making those complaints about isekai also love Goblin Slayer?

I would say there's nothing OP about Goblin Slayer, especially compared to say Shiba Tatsuya. When I think OP, I think of Shiba Tatsuya, Lord Ainz, Kirito, etc. Goblin Slayer comes nowhere near those levels.

The rape wasn't treated cheaply at all. It looked pretty horrific and traumatizing. Not sure how much they could've shown Rookie Swordsman getting chopped and beaten to bits. Even Goblin Slayer impaling the Rookie Mage's throat was out of the frame.

Honestly, all your anger really makes me like the show that much more.

I kind of feel like the marked difference here is that I believe what happens in Goblin Slayer makes sense. Meanwhile, in Michael Bay Transformers land, I can't make sense of anything that happens in those films. Uwe Boll films are incoherent. I can understand what's happening in Goblin Slayer and make sense of it. I think the world building is stronger. I haven't noticed any blatant plot holes or contradictions.

I don't really see comparisons to post-Frank Miller post-Alan Moore Watchmen comics. For starters, this is a dark fantasy series. It's not a superhero comic book series with a contemporary setting. And dark fantasy, a lot of it, has material that's far more shocking, edgy and sexual than what's depicted in Goblin Slayer.

Second of all, I think the problem with comics that basically tried to ride on the coattails of Watchmen or Dark Knight Returns, they didn't work because it didn't make as much sense for these stories to take such drastic, dark turns.

Let's take for example, Sue Dibny. In Identity Crisis, Sue Dibny was this background character and they kill her off. But not only that, after she's brutally murdered and burned, we find out in a flashback that she was brutally raped years ago by basically a one-note comedy villain Dr. Light. And then the Justice League mentally lobotomizes him. Now, I'm not going to condemn anyone who likes Identity Crisis. But to me, it just didn't fit in with the tone of the DC Universe at large, to do that to Sue Dibny.

I know a lot of fans had problems with Nightwing getting raped by I think Tarantula. I think that doesn't work because I mean, these are supposed to be superhero comics. They should be catering and open to younger readers. Kids should be able to pick up and read books like Nightwing and maybe not seeing another vigilante raping Dick Grayson when he's at his lowest point and just a broken, defeated man. My argument is that it didn't belong in a DC superhero book starring Nightwing, not that it didn't belong in comics at all.

I think Watchmen, the original, works far better because its set in its own little world or corner. Rather than use those existing Charleston or DC characters, Alan Moore simply created brand new ones inspired by those characters, like Blue Beetle is Owlman, Question is Rorschach, Black Canary is Silk Spectre, etc. I think that helps the book because there isn't this hangup of seeing those existing and established characters in this really dark, grim, ultra-violent story. It gave Alan Moore more freedom to experiment with his story and make it as adult and dark as he wanted. Now, he's clearly playing around with superhero stories and deconstructing superhero comics and tropes, but he just made a new playground to play around in.

The reason I think Civil War is trash is that it basically asks the readers and the audience to ignore decades of pre-established history and character development to buy what's going on, and it doesn't work. It also forces virtually all the characters and heroes to act like complete and utter morons without two brain cells to rub together. To me, it's not necessarily the violence and darkness of Civil War that bothers me. Just that it ignores established continuity and characters the way they have developed up to that point. For one thing, Captain America resisting some type of registration program at all and making him the rebel was inherently ridiculous. Not to mention characters doing and saying things that are way out of character. It's a big reason I find Mark Millar way overrated as a writer. He doesn't write to the characters. He just does crazy, over-the-top garbage.

Goblin Slayer is a mature readers title. It's aimed at an older age group. The anime is aired at a later timeslot in Japan, hence it's aimed at an older age set.

To me they aren't taking established universe and characters that are supposed to be superhero books with maybe a larger demographic and just doing messed up stuff that feels out of tone and away from these established brands. This is a dark fantasy universe that's set up this way right off the bat.

I'm not going to dismiss a dark fantasy story for being dark no more than I will dismiss The Witcher, Elric, A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones), Stephen King, Berserk and plenty of other stories that do get so dark at times they are borderline nihilist. I've read many dark fantasy stories that make Goblin Slayer look tame in comparison.

The reason I like Goblin Slayer is that while it is very dark and grim at times, it's not really nihilist. I was definitely shocked and taken by surprise by the early chapters, but the protagonist and characters continued to draw me in. For me there's a lot more going on than just shock value that entertains me here. And it's not just memes. I could really give a flying hell if it had memes at all.
Nov 24, 2018 9:37 PM

Oct 2010
its underrated

not overrated
lots of music -
Nov 25, 2018 1:46 AM

Aug 2014
incisorr said:
its underrated

not overrated

I Dont think its underrated. It doesnt deserve 8 higher either so current 7.5 would be perfectly fit it.

Reasons?
Characters
Story
World Building
doesnt develop properly yet.

I read the manga ahead before the anime aired.
Nov 25, 2018 2:57 AM

Dec 2015
I don't see it overrated. Overrated would mean 8.00 or higher. The score is perfectly fine for now. I think something around 7.80 should be fine.

If you want to talk about overrated stuff go make threads about the slime anime or about Re:Zero. They are higher than 8.0 while they feel more like lower than 7.50
Nov 25, 2018 4:39 AM

Aug 2017
No. It's just fine.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 25, 2018 6:50 AM

Oct 2010
Xaelath said:
incisorr said:
its underrated

not overrated

I Dont think its underrated. It doesnt deserve 8 higher either so current 7.5 would be perfectly fit it.

Reasons?
Characters
Story
World Building

characters are good

story is good

world is good

u bad

show me a better anime with the same setting
lots of music -
Nov 25, 2018 7:32 AM
Nov 2012
Not at all. I actually think it's highly underrated. We don't really have many anime that blend fantasy with semi-realism and smart fights. This is anime is basically "Witcher: The Animated Series", except the main hero doesn't get into politics, and focuses on goblins more.
Nov 25, 2018 3:34 PM

Aug 2014
incisorr said:
Xaelath said:

Reasons?
Characters
Story
World Building

characters are good

story is good

world is good

u bad

show me a better anime with the same setting

Wasn't it mentioned in here that Rezero and Shinsekai is a better dark fantasy?

If you want to argue tell me why is it good first.

Character
Rezero , we got amusing cast each arc, believable enough Subaru torture is amusing to watch. The side characters are also important in future plot.
They're certainly not 1 dimensional like Goblin Slayer side characters which practically a random adventurer who trying to find another warrior to help them defeat "Demon king" lmao.
Also Rezero is a mystery physiological.

Following the Shin Sekai is also rather focused on human philosophy.
I don't need to explain it further.

Both story is abit different than a modern cliche.
In Rezero you're introduced with this Isekai thing except MC actually got "Power" though explaining it further might be spoiler to being him back to specific check point. Steins gate eh?
Except we also got to see gore's justified by the story of a Witch and her cult that trying to find something and spread their teachings.

Shinsekai story is like Japanese folklore , it's pretty complicated to explain Shinsekai seriously.

I am pretty lazy to explain further but lots agree that if GS good it would have hit 8 or higher but the fact it doesn't and have mixed scores means something went really bad aside for that episode 1 shenanigans.

By any means settings of dark fantasy there's lot more better than Goblin Slayer lmao.
You just apparently watch too much mainstream shit and on trends.

Well ofc i wont rate GS very low, i liked it, maybe around 7-8 is fine for me.
Nov 25, 2018 4:18 PM

Oct 2010
RE;ZERO HAS 24 EPISODES , GOBLIN SLAYER HAS 8 YOU SHMUCK

WHY DONT YOU WATCH ONLY THE FIRST 8 EPISODES OF RE;ZERO AND COMPARE THEM AND SEE HOW ITS 300 TIMES WORSE LMAO NICE IQ

LOL AT LABELING GOBLIN SLAYER OR RE;ZERO AS "DARK FANTASY BTW"

nicE "LABELS" man. None of them are "DARK". That's your brain projecting words onto things but it doesn't make it so. If goblin slayer is dark then fucking Charlotte is dark too cus they showed a bit of blood lmao btw sick logic

the goblin slayer has more personality than subaru actually does

for 8 episodes they managed to introduce a world, build a setting, introduce successfully three major characters (priest,elf, goblin slayer) and the dwarf/lizard still need some more dialogue to be more fleshed out

they showed a shit ton of action and fighting
the whole "good"/ bad thing is subjective but even if you're trying to be as objective as possible, for the little time goblin slayer has had it has managed to establish a lot more things

the "future plot" is important? Lmao so what future plot does re;zero actually have set up at the beginning?
what future plot does a lesbian anime have?
what future plot does SSSS.THICKMAN have?
what future plot does welcome to the NHK have (one of the best animes out there)?

your arguments are a joke. Re;zero is hard carried by Emilia. Subaru is annoying, his powers aren't explained AT ALL, it's not reasonable - YOU LITERALLY HAVE "SAVE GAME" LMAO BTW, its a stupid isekai and its not original and the main char has no "scars" (mental or otherwise), no substance, no personality, no experience (im not complaining cause im not a whiner like most kids are but im pointing it out)

I am pretty lazy to explain further but lots agree that if GS good it would have hit 8 or higher but the fact it doesn't and have mixed scores means something went really bad aside for that episode 1 shenanigans.

yeah but a lot of people in the past also thought religion is a real thing so they would kill you if you didn't agree with them and now people don't do that any more and the world hasn't ended so it looks like our ancestors were wrong?
in the past doctors cured patients by cutting their limbs off over small things and in general you can youtube 3000 things to see how many wrong things people did in the past

the majority is almost never correct which is why its often manipulated and controlled by the minority, i couldnt care less if the anime had a 2/10 score and if it was as good as it is right now id still rate it highly

your arguments against goblin slayer are bad simply because you're comparing it to a fully fleshed out story that's much longer when this anime hasnt had even nearly enough screen time
lots of music -
Nov 25, 2018 4:28 PM

Sep 2017
Undoubtedly overrated. My defn of overrated. It's getting too much attention than it deserves.

So far I haven't seen any exciting plot and character development. It's just like a session of dungeon hunting and gore and that's it. It has the most average dungeon hunting plot.

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Nov 25, 2018 9:08 PM
Oct 2018
I think this is a case the hype being overblown. It's a lot slower and more measured than one would normally expect from a 'dark fantasy' anime, and a lot of people were put off by that fact..

I personally feel like it's a lot more deep and developed than most people seem to realize, touching on themes of life and death, nihilism, hope in a world that is uncaring and unfeeling, and self-awareness.

Sure there isn't much plot in the first four episodes, but the world is a lot more developed than it appears at first glance, the characters are fairly deep and have hidden facets that show through in some of the more dangerous battles they experience.

The point is that the plot is a slow-burner and the characters/world are being quite well developed. Give it a few more episodes before you decide to write it off.
Nov 25, 2018 11:19 PM

Apr 2014
I don't believe in the term "overrated", OP.

Just say you hate the anime and go.
Nov 26, 2018 11:36 AM

Apr 2018
moonsensual said:
I don't believe in the term "overrated", OP.

Just say you hate the anime and go.
him saying that an anime is overated is like him saying that this anime isn't as good as people are making it out to be or that it is getting more attention than it deserves in his op

expressions such as : the word "overated" being a buzzword or that you don't beleive in such term became more of a buzzword than the the word itself

Anw i do agree with op since the writing of this anime is pretty mediocre + the animation is pretty bad during some scenes + the story itself isn't anything special
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.