Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 6, 2018 12:32 PM

Oct 2018
I agree, I feel like the two main protagonists are very bland. They seem to lack normal human qualities. Even with that being said I enjoy this Anime a lot and have no intention of dropping it.

i'm a worm
Nov 6, 2018 5:47 PM
Jan 2017
My personal opinions of this anime is that it tries too hard to be Monogatari.
Nov 6, 2018 8:54 PM
Aug 2017
For those who say the characters are lack of emotion or not realistic, you propably watched too much drama stuff or haven't had decent communication with many people. Many normal people talk, show themselves like that all the time. The anime has supernatural material but other than that, it reflects the real life very well, especially high school student's problems nowadays. In my view as a psychology student, this anime is great so far.
Nov 6, 2018 9:02 PM
Aug 2017
Kushal_Ganguly said:

Nah, that is just how they go with the adaption. A friend of my have read both monogatari and seishun buta yarou in Japanese and yes, they are very different (not talking about one is a novel and the other is a LN).

The characters in Monogatari are more unique and besides the supernatural stuff, everything in Monogatari you can only see in anime. Seishun buta yarou portraits the characters and the problems they have more realistic
Nov 7, 2018 1:48 AM
Jan 2017
OukaSS said:
Kushal_Ganguly said:

Nah, that is just how they go with the adaption. A friend of my have read both monogatari and seishun buta yarou in Japanese and yes, they are very different (not talking about one is a novel and the other is a LN).

The characters in Monogatari are more unique and besides the supernatural stuff, everything in Monogatari you can only see in anime. Seishun buta yarou portraits the characters and the problems they have more realistic
Considerating that I have only watched Bakemonogatari, I appreciate your opinion. Bunny Girl Senpai is somewhat derived from My Teen Romcom Snafu, Monogatari and Kokoro Connect.
Nov 7, 2018 2:10 AM

May 2018
Kushal_Ganguly said:

tried watching Monogatari and i don't like the unnecessary pause and verbose.
i think it's the better version.
Nov 7, 2018 2:21 AM

Aug 2018
I think we are all so used to the over-reaction for laughs or emphasis in anime that for some people this falls flat but for me it's kind of refreshing and it feels a little melancholy which kind of reflects the subdued main character
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Nov 7, 2018 3:58 AM

Sep 2014
Lmao why people use the realistic argument? These are anime characters, they are never meant to be taken realistically and we should all know that. I hope at least...

To what extent is the characters realistic in this anime? Although it is hard to tell it is not necessary either to know that. The characters are neither realistic nor completely unrealistic. So that argument is mediocre at best considering it can applies to absolutely any anime out there.

If anything, I have the feeling that the dialogues are unnatural in this show. It's nothing new, but come on. I can't believe 16 years old kids changed that much. This is so weird.
Nov 7, 2018 7:10 AM

Apr 2015
Hrybami said:
Lmao why people use the realistic argument? These are anime characters, they are never meant to be taken realistically and we should all know that. I hope at least...

To what extent is the characters realistic in this anime? Although it is hard to tell it is not necessary either to know that. The characters are neither realistic nor completely unrealistic. So that argument is mediocre at best considering it can applies to absolutely any anime out there.

If anything, I have the feeling that the dialogues are unnatural in this show. It's nothing new, but come on. I can't believe 16 years old kids changed that much. This is so weird.

Pal you might want to drop that attitude cause it's really not doing you any favour in supporting any kinds of point you're trying to make.

"They can't be realistic cause they're part of anime and those surely are never meant to be realistic with relatable traits."

That's just painting a giant chunk of the medium with a broad brush which is just a very idiotic idea to begin with.

Realism depends on how personally relatable traits of a character or characters as a whole are to someone. As you can guess that always depends on the individual person. Shocking, I know right?

So for some these characters simply are realistic cause they are able to relate themselves or even people they know to them. For others that's not the case at all. Both options are completely fine in their own right and should certainly not entice people to be dismissive of either side of the spectrum.

For you it seems to be the case that you simply can't relate to fictional characters in this medium overall and hence you resort to generalising not only the medium as a whole but people whose view on this topic differs from yours.

As you might be able to guess the first part is totally fine to have but the latter is just being unnecessarily douchey about it.
Nov 7, 2018 10:10 AM

Sep 2014
Fappa said:
Hrybami said:

Pal you might want to drop that attitude cause it's really not doing you any favour in supporting any kinds of point you're trying to make.

"They can't be realistic cause they're part of anime and those surely are never meant to be realistic with relatable traits."

That's just painting a giant chunk of the medium with a broad brush which is just a very idiotic idea to begin with.

Realism depends on how personally relatable traits of a character or characters as a whole are to someone. As you can guess that always depends on the individual person. Shocking, I know right?

So for some these characters simply are realistic cause they are able to relate themselves or even people they know to them. For others that's not the case at all. Both options are completely fine in their own right and should certainly not entice people to be dismissive of either side of the spectrum.

For you it seems to be the case that you simply can't relate to fictional characters in this medium overall and hence you resort to generalising not only the medium as a whole but people whose view on this topic differs from yours.

As you might be able to guess the first part is totally fine to have but the latter is just being unnecessarily douchey about it.

I think you're confusing realistic with relatable and believable. Something can be relatable wihout being realistic. For example I watch a CGDCT and all I see is supposed 13 or 14 years old girls acting like if they were adult. This is not realistic. However, the characters can express some emotions during some event which I can totally feel connected with. This is relatability. And I don't think one is neceasarily connected with the other, as I've almost never saw realism in anime.

I'm not trying to be a douche or anything. I might not have been clear enough, but come on don't tell I'm the one making out generalisation after saying that.
Nov 11, 2018 10:49 PM
Sep 2017
I think it's doomed to be lack of emotion, because Clover Works wants to put volume 1-5 into 13 episodes, that causes the audiences cannot take enough time to feel every characters' relationships and feelings
That also cause some people said "Why Sakuta and Mai love each other so quickly??" when this anime comes to episode 3...
Nov 11, 2018 11:23 PM

Jul 2017
I don't really see it as a problem. The monotone nature on it, in my opinion, helped at points. It gave it a sarcastic tone when delivering some of the jokes and other dialogue which I personally liked. When it comes to Sakuta, it reveals a bit about his personality. Even when someone is giving an emotional speech or pouring their heart out to him, his tone stays the same, making his words seem somewhat harsh and blunt, which is, from how I see it, just another part of Sakuta, harsh and blunt but also can be nice and helpful. I don't see it as a problem and in certain cases it is possibly a good way of protraying character (or just lazy and I'm looking to hard into it)
Nov 12, 2018 3:00 AM
Oct 2018
The anime isn't as good as many people are making it out to be. However, that doesn't mean it's terrible/bad, I find it to be average. It's entertaining enough, but I don't find it to be anything special, the pacing is too fast and it's predictable, so I end up not getting too attached to the characters or caring about the big moments. Not to mention Sakuta's sexual jokes are getting really cringy and a large chunk of the dialogue seems repetitive at this point. Despite that though, it still has a much more interesting storyline than most highschool romances and the characters aren't unbearably stupid.
Nov 12, 2018 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly, having had to deal with hundreds of wimpy and indecisive, over-the-top screaming shounen-boys, and your generic over-powered magician, Sakuta is really refreshing and I thoroughly enjoy his personality.

According to your list you have only seen four episodes, isn't it a bit too quick to judge? In episode five Sakuta really does show his emotions, rather than telling them as you said. I can understand where you are coming from but don't you think this lack of showing emotions is just his personality? My dad doesn't really show any visible emotion but I know for sure that he is feeling it.
Nov 12, 2018 3:11 AM
Jul 2018
Who cares just dont watch it if you dont like it lol
Nov 12, 2018 3:28 AM
Sep 2018
BRAINDEADPARTY said:
Great argument, revolutionary idea, why should we want better amirite? Who does the OP think he is? I mean it's not like he didn't explicitly state that he does like it and is expressing his fair and balanced opinion in a discussion or soething...
Nov 12, 2018 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
DumpsterKing said:
BRAINDEADPARTY said:
Great argument, revolutionary idea, why should we want better amirite? Who does the OP think he is? I mean it's not like he didn't explicitly state that he does like it and is expressing his fair and balanced opinion in a discussion or soething...
yeah fuck braindeadparty lmao what a bakka
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Yesterday, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.