Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you've watched for weird/stupid reasons

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 30, 2018 7:17 AM

Feb 2016
Tried watching this anime because people said it was so bad yet so good. The story was so badly made lmao.

Hametsu no Mars

Sep 30, 2018 7:18 AM

Oct 2010
I only watch Shirobako just to talk on the forums later like this: uh, I know everything about animey production because, uh, I watched Shirobakow. (Insert arrogant voice)
Sep 30, 2018 7:35 AM

Mar 2018
I watched Blend S because of that damn opening song meme (Didn't everyone watch it because of that though?) and I actually ended up enjoying it despite the fact that the blonde guy was basically a pedophile lol.

I also watched Karneval because I saw a picture of Gareki and I thought that he was hella hot (which he is, goddamn).
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Sep 30, 2018 7:51 AM

Feb 2014
I watched (...) To ship two characters that I've seen shipped online:
- haikyuu
- durarara
- code geass

To see girls make out:
All yuris on my list.

Because someone told me to watch it as a joke:
- Boku no Pico
IshiryokuSep 30, 2018 7:54 AM
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Sep 30, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2017
ShadowMonkey said:
donzacuceron said:
Oh, I have a good one for this. I watched Bible Black when I was 13 because I thought it was Death Note. and before you ask how that makes any sense, I didn't know the name of the show, I just knew that it was about a black book and people dying so yeah.
Jesus fuck that's hilarious. How long did it take you to realize you were watching the wrong thing?

Longer than I would like to admit tbh. I watched 5 episodes in 1 day before I asked my friend why he omitted all the sex that they had in the show. The guy bursed out laughing and informed me that there's no way I was watching the right thing(technically I suppose I didn't realise by myself). Anyway he gave me a torrent of the actual show(don't judge this was 9 years ago and official sources weren't a thing yet) and we both got a funny story out of it.

She smiled sweeter than Crème Brûlée

Sep 30, 2018 9:17 AM

Mar 2016
I watched all of Milk Junkies so I could write a 2000 word blog post talking about it.

It turned out to be better than any essay I've ever written.
Sep 30, 2018 11:01 AM

Sep 2018
I watched Kino no Tabi because I like the motorbike's voice actor
Sep 30, 2018 11:32 AM

Feb 2016
Shomin sample because of gachimuchi references
Sep 30, 2018 11:43 AM

Jul 2016
I watched some shows because of the cover art
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Sep 30, 2018 11:55 AM

Nov 2016
The Toaru Index series just to see why people like it. I still don't understand why people like the animated series and will continue to be dumbfounded and frustrated on how Touma wins his battles. Not to mention the lazy and stupid "misfortune" trait that allows him to have girls fall heads over heels for him (a bit of a exaggeration) *cough* Itsuwa *cough*

Though I dislike the Toaru series with a burning passion, it's the first anime to make my blood boil so I'm still going to watch the upcoming 3rd season.
Sep 30, 2018 12:00 PM
Feb 2015
Watched a lot of short, old titles because they were very obscure and I wanted my list to be as hipster as possibly
Sep 30, 2018 12:02 PM
Oct 2016
i watched angels egg because i thought it woukd give me good taste XDXDXD
Sep 30, 2018 6:29 PM
Sep 2016
I have to be honest, I watched the Madoka Magica anime because a saw a meme of lesbian mahou shoujos and since I had no clue about what MM was really about... I saw MM then and wow. Such a plotwist.
In all honesty, I ve seen a shitton of animes because of memes about them, including Jojos bizarre adventure.
Sep 30, 2018 6:58 PM

Aug 2009
Ikkitousen, Kanokon, Agent Aika, Eiken, Yamibo, Highschool of the Dead, School Days, Queen's Blade and Freezing, for science.

Oct 6, 2018 9:09 AM

Nov 2014
I watched many horror anime's because i love horror and i wanna complete the horror section but the world is cruel and half or less than them are bad or just not horror at all
Oct 6, 2018 9:16 AM
Jan 2018
I watched Madoka Magica bc my roommate had a giant poster of it and it weirded me out...

Let's just say you can't judge a book by its cover.
Oct 6, 2018 9:22 AM
IHaveTrashTaste

Aug 2013
I watch dementia anime and weird stuff because it's weird. Sometimes i just randomize by using random anime script and that way I founded some really good series.
Oct 6, 2018 9:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I watched Trinity Seven because I was watching a Cristiano Ronaldo motivational video and it kind of got to me, Cr7.
Okay, this is definitely one of the most stupid reason but I assure the second of such instance in my library is more to the normal weirdness kind.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 6, 2018 9:31 AM

Aug 2018
Well......I started watching BLEND S because of the meme
Gnyo ho!
Oct 6, 2018 9:36 AM

Apr 2017
Evangelion because I believed that it was a normal 90s mecha anime

I was horribly wrong
Oct 6, 2018 12:08 PM

Oct 2015
i watched hunter x hunter because my friend would post a lot of photos of him
and i thought he was adorable.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Oct 6, 2018 1:07 PM

Apr 2017
I started watching Dragon Maid expecting a romantic relationship to develop. Boy was that a mistake.

Also if something is bizarre, violent, sleazy and has a terrible English dub, I want to see it. Anything cyberpunk is a good bet.
Oct 6, 2018 4:10 PM

Sep 2018
I'm watching Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu becasue I'm a gross fundanshi who wants to see two good-looking anime dudes get it on
Oct 6, 2018 4:15 PM

Dec 2016
Uma Musume because I had to know how a horse-girl would look like.

But once I knew that in the first episode, I dropped it.
Oct 6, 2018 4:17 PM
Oct 2018
Aho Girl I suppose. Someone told me it cracked them up. I like slapstick comedy, pratfalls and falls so it was pretty good although I thought sadistic in places.
Oct 6, 2018 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
I watched K-On! because at the time I was obsessed with moe (I still am btw) and I saw the Moe Moe Kyun! on yt... it was love at first sight.

I watched Denki-gai no Honya-san because I saw some screen with a serious and detailed discussion about panties done by a girl, and that was enough to watch it instantly.

I watched Doujin Work because I thought it was an hentai, but I still loved it for the comedy.

I watched Simoun, Kashimashi, Shoujo Sect, Maria-sama ga Miteru and Mai-Hime because of an amv.

I watched Watamote because of the Molly amv from TheBestAmvsofAllTimes.

I watched Madoka Magica because I was pissed that everyone thought it was better than Nanoha, but they were right.

That's all that comes to my mind ATM, but there's a lot more.
Oct 6, 2018 4:51 PM
Jun 2016
I watched omamori himari and then nyan koi with my sister. This was her idea, because their plots revolve around cats, and she likes cats.
Afterwords we watched elfen lied together, because the main character's horns looked like cat ears.

This was where we both 'started' watching anime and also pretty much where she stopped.

tl;dr my sister got me into anime because she likes cats.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

3 by FanofAction »»
57 seconds ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

4 by Rinrinka »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

47 by LostSpectre »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

136 by FanofAction »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.