Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Dice Killing Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 22, 2018 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
Okay, this OVA was a little bit confusing to me. I am talking about the comedy focused episodes that have Miyo Takano in them.

So, she is totally okay now? She did horrible things to the other characters and lost the battle in the end. Why is she acting like nothing happened at all? Why are the other characters acting like nothing happened? Did they all just forget?

Do the comedy episodes actually take place after Kai, or do they take place before they find out that Miyo Takano was the main villain?

I'm probably thinking too much about this, but it's really bugging me.
Dec 10, 2018 7:08 PM

Jul 2013
It's an ova, and as ova the episodes not necessarily are a direct sequel to the anime. It's like parallel events intended to be much more lighthearted than the series. Just take it as stories that happened in different worlds and it does not affect the plot whatsoever. That's why Hanyuu is invisible, Miyo apparently has a great relationship with everyone, etc
Dec 10, 2018 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
Try not to think about it too hard. Yes, I think the OVAs are supposed to take place after the main series, but I don't think they're supposed to be seen as a solid part of the story .

There isn't anything in Rei (aside from the Miyo acceptance) I think totally throws out the previous two seasons, but I only consider the third and forth episodes (mostly the forth) of Kira to be canon cause episode one is imo the worst episode in the entire franchise and episode two isn't meant to be taken seriously at the fuck all.
removed-userDec 10, 2018 7:42 PM
Jan 4, 2020 11:19 AM

Oct 2018
kay, this OVA was a little bit confusing to me. I am talking about the comedy focused episodes that have Miyo Takano in them.

So, she is totally okay now? She did horrible things to the other characters and lost the battle in the end. Why is she acting like nothing happened at all? Why are the other characters acting like nothing happened? Did they all just forget?

Do the comedy episodes actually take place after Kai, or do they take place before they find out that Miyo Takano was the main villain?

“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 4, 2020 11:20 AM

Oct 2018

Jan 4, 2020 11:22 AM

Oct 2018
ally okay now? She did horrible things to the other characters and lost the battle in the end. Why is she acting like nothing happened at all? Why are the other characters acting like nothing happened? Did they all just forget?

I'm probably thinking too much about this,

Jan 4, 2020 11:23 AM

Oct 2018
ally okay now? She did horrible things to the other characters and lost the battle in the end. Why is she acting like nothing happened at all? Why are the other characters acting like nothing happened? Did they all just forget?

Jan 4, 2020 11:24 AM

Oct 2018

Jan 9, 2020 11:49 PM

Oct 2018
Okay, this OVA was a little bit confusing to me. I am talking about the comedy focused episodes that have Miyo Takano in them.

Jan 9, 2020 11:56 PM

Oct 2018
“Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear and anger. Everything is only as it is.”
― Yuki Urishibara

Sep 27, 2022 5:31 PM

Aug 2020
Yeah at first glance it's really confusing but there's no need to pay too much attention to this as this is just additional stuff that doesn't really have to do with the main story. Hence, it has the character of a filler or rather that of a side story that happens somewhere in between the timeline (e.g. where they still didn't knew about being Takano Miyo their enemy)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gar_Logan - Aug 19, 2009

245 by KingOfMAL »»
Mar 19, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Katsuki - Jun 12, 2009

186 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:41 AM

» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei [Visual Novel Discussion]

waalex11 - Apr 14, 2023

1 by Ricedumpismyname »»
Apr 15, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

phinix_down - Feb 14, 2009

190 by --bee-- »»
Jan 2, 2023 1:21 PM

» am i the only person disgusted by all this 'loli' shit?

AiyanaMiyuki - Dec 25, 2021

6 by removed-user »»
Nov 6, 2022 10:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.