Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Why the Characters here don't seem to attend their college classes like they do in high school.

Grand Blue Dreaming
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 7, 2018 3:00 PM

May 2018
Well according to JapanToday.com, under the topic "5 ways college life is different in Japan and U.S." Say's:

"To get into a Japanese college, you have to pass rigorous, competitive entrance exams, which high school students spend a huge amount of time studying for. But once you get accepted by a college, you’re on easy street.

In general, as long as you attend class, you can get units in a Japanese college. Some courses don’t even require you to show up, and instead just ask you to write a report and turn it in at the end of the semester to pass the class. As a result a lot of students ditch class, and spend their time drinking with their friends from their circle or having marathon video gaming sessions.

But in America, every day we had to study our butts off! In my classes, I had a report to write every other week, on top of reading the textbook and other assigned materials, plus getting my term papers ready to submit. When finals time rolled around, sometimes the library was so packed with students studying that there was no place to sit. One of my American friends know how much Japanese high school kids have to study for entrance exams, and he told me “You could have had it easy if you stayed in Japan for college! You were crazy to come here.”

So I'm guessing that probably except for Iori, Kohie and Chisa the rest don't have to show up as lng as they turn in a written report at the end of the semester.
Sep 8, 2018 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
I think they do go to lectures and shit, it's just all off screen/panel mostly, 'cause it would make for a boring story.
Sep 8, 2018 3:57 AM
Feb 2018
It depends of the focusing story dude.
Sep 8, 2018 10:11 AM
Jan 2018
It’s an anime....
Oct 25, 2018 10:46 AM

Apr 2014
To know the answer go to the creator and ask him.
Oct 30, 2018 3:02 AM
Sep 2017
Nah..im sure its just the anime

Would you want them to spend there time at school rather then swimming? cause we all arent.

Oct 31, 2018 11:57 PM

Jul 2011
I know, right? Like our oolong tea isn't 1/10 whiskey and 9/10 vodka either. This doesn't make any sense.
Feb 22, 2019 8:42 PM
Jun 2017
ThreadFazer said:

Would you want them to spend there time at school rather then swimming? cause we all arent.
ThreadFazer said:

They werent swimming much either
Mar 9, 2019 2:17 PM
Sep 2017
Aplope said:
ThreadFazer said:

ThreadFazer said:

They werent swimming much either
They are, but they usually Drink more often.

Apr 26, 2019 9:02 AM
Apr 2019
Studying in different countries is very different, especially if you compare America and such eastern countries like Japan and China. In China, children from junior classes constantly study, and when they go to university, they constantly sit in the library and study, in Japan, students have a little more free time. In Canada, for example, as in any American university, a student, in fact, he chooses whether he will study or not. I have a blog in which I compared the education system in different countries and it's for more info, it may be interesting for you to read. Personally, I had to combine my studies and work, so to save time, I paid for all my research papers and quietly worked and paid for my studies or traveled because the quality of the work is very high and I didn’t need to worry about anything.
May 11, 2019 6:16 PM
Jan 2018
Well in my country is the same onve you get into collage you can skip classes when you want you just need to come on your first class (Depend on the teacher who is teaching that class) but most likely you can do whatever you want as long as you get your passing grades in time so you dont lose your scholarship.
Jul 2, 2021 11:06 PM
Jul 2021
Each department of education has its own rules: someone focuses on drawing with step by step manuals , someone on physical training! Everyone's different! I prefer physical training, I just love it!
alexsthompsonJul 2, 2021 11:10 PM
Nov 17, 2021 5:43 PM
Nov 2021
The content of the lesson is definitely not interesting. Or all old knowledge. Then it's better to find another quality place word counter
Jan 16, 2022 8:45 AM

Nov 2019
Engineering college is kinda like that tbh
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 20, 12:21 AM
Jul 2023
In college, the dynamics shift; there's more autonomy, diverse commitments, and a plethora of responsibilities. Unlike high school, where attendance may be mandatory, college students often juggle work, internships, and personal pursuits. MyAssignmentHelp offers support amidst these challenges, aiding students in balancing academics with real-world demands.

More topics from this board

» Second season confirmed?

Tohru22 - 4 hours ago

19 by Alexcalibur6426 »»
2 minutes ago

» SEASON 2 NEWS ??? Please guys confirm this !! (If wrong you can delete this)

Thomas_Eriksen - Jul 18, 2022

15 by Mystogan14579 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Grand Blue Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2018

98 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 4, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Grand Blue Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

67 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 4, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Grand Blue Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2018

70 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 4, 2:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.